“Good value for money”

Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen
Ranked #71 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We went during holiweek to Singapore. ..and this was a perfect place to stay with my family...friendly staff...clean rooms and excelent location.
Internet works perfectly and there is a sort of free business center in the lobby that makes the browsing and printing, in needed, very convenient.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlos A
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Carlos A,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the ibis Bencoolen during your recent trip to Singapore. I am happy that you found us to be of good value and that you enjoyed our excellent location, clean rooms and friendly services.
Thank you again and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Alison-Quality Services

Write a ReviewReviews (6,710)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen for one night and we really enjoyed our stay. This hotel has great value for money. It has free parking for hotel patrons, our room rate came with breakfast buffet for two and the location is well placed.

The walk to the Bugis MRT is approximately 7 minutes by foot, and there is a 7-11 convenience store by the hotel. The hotel allows free use of bicycles (bamboo bicycles to be exact!). The water pressure for the shower was good but the water pressure for the wash basin was quite small. We stayed on Level 5 and our room faced the street but it was nice and quiet.

The check in process was quite slow and they could do better with more check-in counters. The staff need to be able to manage the crowd. No bottled water was provided to us, but there was a sign stating tap water is safe for consumption. We purchased bottled water from the 7-11 convenience store.

For the price and the Ibis name, we would recommend this hotel to those who are looking for good value for money hotels in Singapore. A good choice and we will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SnowmanSnipe

Dear SnowmanSnipe,

Thank you for highly recommending the ibis Bencoolen and it is delightful to hear that you will be returning for another great stay! We appreciate your kind comments and it is truly pleasing to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Centrally located hotel close to many tourist locations like Bugis street, National design theater, Sim Lim square, National library of Singapore, Orchid road, Museums...etc all at walking distance. Hotel has a 24 hour restaurant and bar which is very convenient, the rooms are small but has all essentials including electric iron box. Check in is slow sometime due to high number of guests and could take upto 15/20 minutes, also getting a taxi is sometimes an issue from the main entrance, one will have to go to Bencoolan taxi stand on the back side of the hotel. In summary it a good deal for the price and excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear TRKKUMAR,

Our location is so close to many attractions and it is great to know that it serves your needs well! I am pleased that you enjoyed our hotel rooms as well as the Taste Restaurant which opens 24/7.

I have also noted your comment regarding the check-in process and taxi service and we will continue working closely with all of the team members to ensure that the areas concerned will be improved.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Bencoolen soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed in IBIS hotel from August 12 - August 17. Hotel is centrally located on Bencoolen street, 5 min walk from Bugis MRT and well connected to Chinatown, Marina bay, Orchard road, Little India etc.

Good service, they let us do a very early check in. Rooms are clean and offers a good connectivity wireless service.

The only disadvantage is that rooms are really small(!!!) if you intend to stay here as a family and spend time in the hotel. Would recommend this place if you want a good priced hotel for a quick stopover,or you don't intend to spend much time in the room.

Useful pointers: Please ask for a room on a higher floor, and possibly facing the bencoolen street. Great view!

Room Tip: Please ask for a room on a higher floor, and possibly facing the bencoolen street. Great view!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mg_mum

Dear mg_mum,

I am pleased to know that you like the hotel’s central location with its direct accessibility to the train station and various attractions. I am glad that overall, you had an enjoyable stay and appreciate the good services, clean rooms and complimentary Wifi. We do offer connecting rooms that might suit your needs when travelling with family in the future, feel free to contact me at H6657-SE1@accor.com for further arrangements the next time you stay with us again.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Made my booking via Accor website, for 3 days and 2 nights. The day before the check in , the hotel sent and email for pre-check in, which is very good. You can make your request for the type of bed and whether smoking or non smoking. In my case I requested for smoking room, which they reserved for me. They also ask what time you will be arriving at the hotel. I arrived at the hotel at 11 am and they had a room ready for me at no extra cost.
The room has all the basic requirements, TV, Wi-Fi, Ironing board, complimentary coffee and tea. The air con worked fine. The amenities for the bathroom is very Spartan, no toothbrush, comb, or shaving blades, which was ok for me as I had all the stuff with me. Easy to get Taxi and there is a 7 Eleven nearby and a shopping mall. Staff was very polite and professional. They provided a reasonable spread for breakfast. Check out was done in less than 10 minutes. Definitely will stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank VP_Chacko

Dear VP_Chacko,

It is our great pleasure to know that you were well taken care of prior to your arrival till end of your stay! I will share your comments with the dedicated team who has made your stay a memorable one. We would also like to let you know that basic bathroom amenities are available upon request, simply contact any of our staff members for delivery. It is delightful to know that you will be returning and we certainly look forward to your next visit at the ibis Singapore on Bencoolen!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

The front desk staffs never smile. As least this was how i felt. I enjoyed the room except been woken up twice during one of the nights because of some drunkard person. I missed the complementary newspapers they used to provide. The press reader application just wasn't worth it.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ibisBencoolen, Quality Services at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear cherpiau,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you did not receive our usual friendly service and I hope that you will contact us directly to let us know further details.

At ibis Bencoolen, we are willing to look at any possibility that would take us forward and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.