“Great place to stay and explore Singapore from”

Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen
Ranked #65 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 21 March 2009

My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is brand new and the rooms were clean and with everything we needed. The shower was really nice.
The hotel was a 5 min walk to the MRT once you knew where it was! LIttle India was about 10 minutes walk away.
We had breakfast outside of the hotel. It was much cheaper.
All in all we really liked this hotel, the location was great to get around to other places and there were plenty of restaurants and things to see close by. We would stay here again.

1  Thank BeadyUk
DOMBencoolen, General Manager at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2009

Dear BeadyUk,

Thank you for sharing your comments with our fellow travelers.

I am glad to find out that you had a comfortable stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Happy Travelling.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen

Reviewed 16 March 2009

This was our first stay at an Ibis and we were overall pleasantly surprised. We got an opening bargain special and weren't expecting much. The service was impeccable and the rooms were very clean (if very small). The $15 breakfast exdeeded our expectations with a full Western offering of hot and cold items.

We found the location great with lots of local colour, heaps of restaurats and shopping just steps away. The little side street behind the hotel with two temples was especially nice and interesting.

Dear akl_traveller,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen.

I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and breakfast. I am also pleased to know that you had a pleasant day exploring sites around the hotel.

There are small theatres and playhouse in our cultural and historical Bugis neighborhood, and I am happy to share the locations with you should we have a chance to be a host of your next Singapore stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to ibis Singapore.

Reviewed 13 March 2009

Brand new and a great addition to the Ibis chain with wooden floors, flat screen tellies, excellent public facilities and really friendly staff.

Ibis are raising the bar against other chains here with a 'boutique' approach that is reflected in an excellent restuarant and lobby - complete with designer furnishings - and rooms that match with everything you'd need including a mini fridge and free safe. The showers are particularly nicely done (if a bit small I guess if you are on the large side). I had a great view from my room too as I was placed, as requested, on a higher floor.

The location is pretty good near bus and MRT (Bugis) routes and there are loads of shops around (inc 24 hour ones). You can stroll to the charming Civic District or Orchard Road shopping area or get some cheap day tickets (bizarrely unavailable at some MRT stations).

Just one reservation - I had to put up with mechanical knocks and clunking in my room from what I believe was any one of the four lifts. This went on all day and night and but for my ear plugs I'd probably never have slept. I didn't raise the issue with staff as I was only there for three days and had settled into the room before I noticed the constant noise. TV and or the ear plugs dealt with the issue but it is surprising to get such a problem in a new build hotel.

Not the cheapest Ibis in the world either but well worth what I paid.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank ybyd

Dear ybyd,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen.

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable experience taking advantage of our close proximity to the Bugis and Orchard shopping area.

Our team appreciates your valuable feedback and will keep your comments to continuously improve our service level.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 9 March 2009

as another IBIS Hotels all around the world, nothing special, you don feel that you are at Singapore in the Far East (except the staff). Cool feeling.

It is difficult to say if I would recommend this hotel? it is clean, IBIS overworld service, but far away from the interest places.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank vladibologna
DOMBencoolen, General Manager at Ibis Singapore on Bencoolen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2009

Dear Vladibologna,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen.

I am glad to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. The hotel also offers walking tours daily which may interest you in your next visit to Singapore. This complimentary tour showcases various cultural, art and historical icons in Bugis with interesting background stories.

I appreciate your valuable comments and feedback. We will continuously strive to improve our service level, and look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel.

Reviewed 8 March 2009

Ibis Singapore is a brand new hotel (less than a month) and has typical Ibis style. Room rate is little bit higher comparing with other Ibis (in other country), but considering room rate in Singapore very high, Ibis Singapore room rate still acceptable. The room is clean, not big, small bathroom, and small lcd tv on the wall. Also, have tiny fridge, mini double bed, and free wifi internet. Adequate for me and wife, because we didnt spend lot of time in room.
The small problem is the service, i didnt find any greet everytime i enter the hotel, no one help us with the luggage when we checked in.On second day, my room card cant work on elevator and when i asked reception desk, they just simply activated it, meaning my room card is deactivated on second day. No sorry at all, and they treated it as usual thing. When i checked out, again, same things happened. No one help us with the luggage or with the taxi to go to airport. We must find taxi ourself at the street (with the luggage). The only good thing for the hotel services only for the room make up. They refresh all towel and standard amenities, same like other international chain hotel.
My two cents is when we pay for budget hotel we shouldnt expect too many services.

3  Thank jap55

Dear Jap55,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen.

We have been in contact with governing bodies of Singapore to ensure the guests experience in the surrounding area truly reflects what Singapore is all about, including adequate access to Taxi, clean and healthy environment and welcoming attitudes amongst all Singaporeans.

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments with us, and we shall humbly accept your feedback and reflect in our daily operations to continuously improve our service level.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the ibis Singapore in near future.

Reviewed 8 March 2009

Good exprience in new hotel though rooms are small. Enjoyed my stay and services were attented quickly. For instance, when asked for shaver and comb, housekeeping staff was helpful and fast to help get what i asked for. One of the housekeeping staff named laxmi was polite and attended to my requests. Well done on her part! Cleaniness was up to expectations. Good Job. Will return soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business

Dear Realmadrid09,

Thank you for choosing to stay at ibis Singapore on Bencoolen.

Our management team and staff members shared your comments and praise for Laxmi. I would like to extend my sincere appreciation for your praise on our housekeeping team.

Your valuable comment further enhances our staff’s motivation and attitude to maintain at the higher level.

Reading from your Tripadvisor name, you might be a fan of Real Madrid? We may meet at our bar when the soccer matches are shown on the flat screen TV.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 March 2009

Stayed at Ibis for 3 nights - and paid between SGD1-SGD 50++ per night through the hotel's PayWhatYouWant promotional campaign, which is an absolute bargain!

Room size is just adequate (neither too small nor big). Love the modern design and the smart use of space - the photos of the rooms on the hotel site are EXACTLY like what you get (unlike most "touched up" hotel advertisements).

Hotel staff are helpful and polite, and the free wifi inside the room was an added advantage! There is also a vending machine next to our room, which is really convenient, and a coin-operated washing machine in the hotel - perfect for budget travellers.

In addition, the hotel is only less than 5 mins walk to OG Mall and Bugis Street, and a further 5 mins to the Bugis MRT. Plenty of inexpensive food stalls nearby, including a 24-hour food stall directly across the road.

On the whole, it was a great experience staying in Ibis (better than what we've initially expected), except that it is pretty hard to get through to the operator/reception for assistance and rooms are not 100% soundproof (you can sometimes hear people walking/chatting in the hallways).

Note: Check out is at 12pm, but which could be easily extended to 1pm, like any other hotels (not sure why the earlier review says check-out time is at 10 am).

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends

Dear Sotstone,

Thank you for your valuable and encouraging comments.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our opening campaign and we are glad to be chosen as a host hotel for your uniquely Singapore experience at ibis Singapore.

I look forward to welcoming you back at ibis Singapore.