“Great Experience”

Ranked #5 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Perth, Australia
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

Recently had a 4 night stay with my wife at this hotel. Can't say enough about the helpful and friendly attitude of the Reception and Restaurant staff. Room was compact but comfortable. My only complaint was the bedding consists of a bottom sheet and doona only, which my wife and I found too hot, couldn't get comfortable. Swimming Pool was a welcome ammenity. Loved the free Mini Bar and Happy Hour (6 to 8pm), also took advantage of the free Laundry service, WiFi and meals. Location was central with easy access to public transport on Orchard road. Overall this hotel was great value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Hello Gary M!

We appreciate your taking time to write about your “great experience”.

We are grateful for the perfect score you gave us, despite the discomfort brought about by the warmth of the duvet. Wished you had informed us so we could have replaced it with a thinner blanket…

Nevertheless, it is a delight to read that you and your wife enjoyed your stay overall – the room, pool, all-inclusive concept, food, location, and most especially the service.

See you back soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

This review is a bit late, as I stayed at the Quincy in January 2012.

This hotel is a true gem in Singapore. My stay started with a pick-up at the airport in a private car, which was included in the price of the room. This was very welcome after 24+ hours of travel to get to Singapore. No need to hassle with finding a taxi or anything, the very friendly drive was waiting for me in the arrivals hall.

Upon arrival, I was warmly greeted by hotel staff. My room was very comfortable with free wi-fi, free minibar and one of the best showers I've had in a hotel. The room rate included 3 meals a day, a happy hour and 2 pieces of laundry per day. The laundry wasn't always back by 6pm as listed, but was never more than an hour late.

The room is great for a solo traveler, but could be a bit crowded for two people. The hotel also has a nice pool and well equipped gym. The meals were good, but after 6 days there, you made your way through the menu cycle. Don't expect gourmet meals here. Just basic, decent meals that will satisfy.

The hotel is located about 5 - 10 minutes from Orchard Road and the Orchard MRT Station. However, be sure to bring an umbrella, as Singapore's frequent rain could mean a wet walk to/from the hotel.

I would highly recommend this hotel to any solo traveler. The price is right and everything is included. Great location for getting around town as well. I will be sure to book the Quincy when I return to Singapore.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Hi JohnMN!

We thank you for remembering to share your Q experience.

Hmmm… You must be the fourth or fifth guest who has referred to Quincy as a “true gem”! What a rewarding compliment! :-)

Glad that you enjoyed our all-inclusive package and had a comfortable stay. It is also heartwarming to receive praise for the quality of service our staff provides.

Many thanks for recommending us to followers of Tripadvisor and we hope to see you back soon.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

room was big enough for two and spacious. helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hello ujithe!

ThanQ for posting your review.

You gave us a perfect score, loved our room and staff, so we are pretty sure we’ll see you again on your next trip to Singapore. :)

jakarta,indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

we book for 4 nites from the web, when we checked in they offer us to upgrade with additional $Sing30 per nite, which is ok, then the room has a cushion on the window side, good for kid to watch the TV.
in all it was a good experience, the wifi is slower than we thought (it is Singapore!). very close to Paragon at the Orchard Road.
service is great, just don't expect a room service at any odd hours.
the hotel was voted as the Trendiest hotel in Singapore, which is good then we will see how they will maintain it.
recommended for those who want to stay close to Orchard road but still maintain certain kind of funkiness nest.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
QuincySingapore, Front Office Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Hello arleta.darusalam!

Many thanks for your sweet review :-)

We are glad that you enjoyed the comforts of our Deluxe Studio room and the convenient location of our hotel.

However, we do apologize if at some point during your stay the internet was a bit slow. This is an isolated case as we do have one router for every two rooms, which is quite a good ratio that ensures a speedy connection.

Rest assured that the Q team will always strive to live up to its “Trendiest Hotel” award to ensure guests return to the same funky nest… :-)

We hope to see you again soon!

Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Loved it. This is now my new hotel to stay at in Singapore. Close enough to Orchard to be near the action but far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hi Rogre!

ThanQ for your short but fab review!

We are glad that you have found a new “home” in Singapore :)

Your Q family awaits your return…

Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My husband and I just stayed here for a week as I was on a business trip. If you are a single traveler the set up is perfect; for two people it was somewhat difficult. The rooms are very cleverly set up but small if there are two of you and a pain to navigate when there is more than one person in the room. First of all the good points, the free pick up at the airport, the three meals a day included plus a piece of laundry, the soft serve ice cream machine and the free drinks at happy hour. The food was good and for breakfast you can have curry and rice or eggs and bacon and there is a cappucino machine so we were both happy! The negatives, the hotel is hot and the a/c is almost non existent in reception and the elevators; we had to get someone to come up to our room and forcibly lower the a/c as Singapore is always hot and muggy and the a/c refused to turn down; also the check in desk is always busy, there are not enough staff on duty to take care of you; the night we arrived the staff were supposed to call a taxi to take us to my company's Singapore HQ and after waiting an hour, the taxi was a no show; the front desk apologized, they had misunderstood and didn't book the taxi! Sigh! Also, the bedroom is cramped for two people as if you open the sliding door to the bathroom, you cover up the closet door (they are one and the same) so I couldn't exit the bathroom if my husband was getting his clothes out of the closet, you had to take it in turns. Bathroom is small and not much space to put cosmetics etc. and there is nowhere to store your suitcases, we literally tried to ram them under the bed and even then they wouldn't slide under as the beds are low to the ground! They have a nice pool with a very cool transparent section at the bottom so you can see through to the ground below but it was not heated. You would think being in hot, humid Singapore that the water would be very warm but since the pool is covered, it does not get warm. It really needs to be heated. No hot tub, but gym is small but nice. It is well located, just a 10 minute walk from all the shops on Orchard Road and again, great for one person but for two, be prepared to dance around each other!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mwooduk
Hello mwooduk!

ThanQ for taking time to share your experience.

We appreciate the compliments, as well as the areas for improvement.

Your feedback is valuable to us and we are working on the concern you raised on the airconditioning. We apologize as well for the misunderstanding that resulted in the delay in getting your taxi. Rest assured that this is an isolated case and the team has been briefed to be more careful and attentive.

Hope that you would still consider staying with us on your next trip to Singapore and maybe consider booking our Deluxe Studio room for a bit more space…

Melbourne, Australia.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have stayed in many varying hotels in Singapore and I was quite impressed by the quirly nature of the Quincy Hotel. In the past I have generally found all-inclusive packages to be below par and would not normally choose them however in this instance I found it to represent good value for money. Although I like to eat local food when I am in a foreign city I did eat in the hotel for dinner for 2 of the 7 nights I stayed here and there were quite a few options to choose from. As I was in Singapore on business, I did return back to the hotel quite late in the evening so the fact that the gym and pool deck were open 24 hours suited me well. Excellent Molton Brown products throughout the hotel. My only gripe is that one morning one of the housekeeping staff entered my room without knocking which I felt was rude and unprofessional and this annoyed me. Overall I enjoyed my stay and would like to thank the front office staff in particular Mark who provided personalised yet professional service thoroughout my stay. I will most certainly stay here on my next trip to Singapore.

Room Tip: Definitley go for the deluxe room catagory which offers larger corner rooms.