“Great service, ordinary food”

The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality
Ranked #6 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Great service, ordinary food”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Had a package for inclusive food and drinks, the food was pretty average, basic finger food, breakfast was just ok but lunch and dinner was sub-standard, certainly not a substantial meal. The rooms have floor to ceiling electric blinds so you can totally blackout your room, great after a long flight. The beds (king size - not 2 singles joined) are super comfy and sleep quality is excellent. Excellent and professional service from all staff. Bathroom a little dated. I was a little concerned after reading reviews that this hotel has a "poor" location... Orchard rd (for shoppers) is a 5 minute walk. We walked from our hotel down Orchard rd to the "Flyer" in about 50 minutes to take in the sights, the nearest MRT (sub way train) on Orchard rd is a maximum 10 minute walk. The MRT is super easy for foreigners to navigate. Great authentic food, inexpensive and evening charm at Makansutra Gluttons Bay. Cab to the airport from hotel, SGD$15-. Singapore Sling at Raffles SGD$30... I rarely eat hotel food, so the average food didn't bother me but the "inclusion offer" was a little onerous given the standard of it which no doubt would bother some guests. I'd stay at the Quincy again. With a better budget The Marina Bay Sands appears to be a great choice, well located to downtown, amazing roof top pool and adjacent to the amazing Gardens by the Bay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Gus M,

ThanQ for your review and we are elated that the Qool team was able to delight you with their services.

As part of Quincy’s signature all club benefits, all day light refreshments are offered to our guests who want a quick bite throughout the day. This is for the convenience of our guests and it was never intended as a full meal offering. I apologise if you found the offerings inadequate and had expected something more

Aside from the meals, I am delighted that the rest of your stay had been pleasant and that you will return to stay with us again.

“Quincy. Blurring the lines between work and play”

Qool regards, Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I booked two rooms at the Quincy in Singapore for 4 days, one for my wife and I and another for my sisters. Being my first time in Singapore, I didn't know what to expect. I just hoped for the best. The Quincy didn't disappoint.

From the time I was greeted by the front desk to the meals at the Cafe to the time I checked out, I was met with smiles, courtesy and excellent service!

The hotel had a contemporary character, clean and nicely designed. The bed was very comfortable, clean robes and slippers were provided. The bathroom was very well appointed with a large shower with two shower heads, the toilet has a Washlet (a toilet seat with a bidet function) and a sliding door that doubles as a closet door, which needs getting used to. The clear glass wall between the bathroom and the bedroom was odd at first until you discover that there is a drop down privacy shade. The floor to ceiling glass window offered a view of the cityscape and has a drop down black-out shade remotely controlled from the bedside.

Throughout my stay, pleasant surprises came mad me say to myself "Wow! How can they do that?!) First, the front desk told me that the mini bar inside the hotel room was complimentary and is replenished everyday. I was hesitant to touch any of the goodies in the mini fridge and the snack in the drawer fearing the exorbitant prices other hotels charge for those items. Fear not! They are truly free! My wife enjoyed late night snacks every single night.

Then, every morning, we are treated to free breakfast buffet downstairs at the Cafe. It wasn't just your usual Danish, donuts and coffee. This was a full blown breakfast buffet with toasts, sausages, eggs, potatoes, pastries, single serve coffee, tea, fruit juices, fresh fruits.....you name it they'll have it! Knowing how expensive everything in Singapore was, specially produce, I always wonder how the Quincy can live their guests such a spread. Come lunch time, the Cafe offered sandwiches, fruits, drinks, salads, etc......you guessed it.......for free! We always had dinner out every night of our stay, so I never got to discover what was in store for guests in the evenings, which I'm pretty sure was something similar to the breakfasts and lunches.

To cap our stay, we were chauffeured to the airport in a nice shiny black Mercedes....again, it was on the house!

I can not complete this review without mention of the very friendly, very courteous and very accommodating staff. Everyday, we were greeted by Fazil at the lobby with his ever present smile. He was very helpful with whatever we ask of him, may it be to hail a cab, directions, information about shops and restaurants or just general questions about Singapore. The front desk and the Cafe staff were always pleasant irregardless of how busy they were.

The room rates were not inexpensive nor overpriced, but considering the the service and the complimentary "surprises", I consider the Quincy's rates a steal!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank OCruz
Dear OCruz,

Thank you for your detailed review.

We are delighted to know that Quincy has surpassed your expectations during your recent stay.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to Fazli and our Qool Team. I am sure they will be pleased to hear they played a part in making your stay a memorable one!

Come back soon and be pleasantly surprised all over again!

“Quincy. Blurring the lines between work and play”

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms are of decent size,clean and cosy. The staff are all very welcoming and friendly.
We stayed over the weekend under their Qool package which includes
1. Complimentary breakfast
2. Complimentary all day snacks till 830pm
3. Art jamming class
4. Movie by the pool
5. Free mini bar ( yes everything can be drank without the worry of paying !!)
6. Milton Brown amenities

Truly it was a fun filled weekend for my husband and I and we liked it because every thing was just so self contained! We didn't need to worry about food as it was all provided, there is a 24 hours pool at the 12 floor, sauna and steam room and of course a gym.

It is also just 3 mins stroll to Paragon and the orchard road strip which is filled with shopping and food!

This is probably one of the most fun hotel we stayed by far!

Stayed March 2014
Dear alijanst,

ThanQ for choosing to stay with Quincy for your staycation.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed the services, facilities and the activities organised for our guests.

Come back soon for another fun filled weekend.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This brand new hotel is in a top midtown location, rooms are large by New York standards with well appointed bathrooms. Beds are very comfortable with Frette bedsheets. They did a pretty good job to insulate from traffic noise too. Staff was very attentive and helpful which made my stay a very nice one. Oh did I forget to mention I received a complimentary room upgrade?
What i did notice was Technical stuff really, ac was a bit noisy and wouldn't warm up my room and it was also hard to adjust the water temperature to my desire but I notified the manager on duty upon checkout and he thanked me and offered me a coupon for a room upgrade during my next visit

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank yves_alexis
ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear yves_alexis,

We are delighted to receive your review and to know you enjoyed the services and comfort of the room.

We have also noted your other comments and apologise that the air conditioner had caused unnecessary disturbance to you. We are pleased to inform you that the problem has already been rectified by our Engineering team.

Qool team looks forward to your return visit soon

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We loved our stay at The Quincy. With the Excellent room (Love the bed), Great service, Free minibar, free drinks and refreshments anytime during the day, a well-equipped gym and Awesome Pool made our stay more memorable! A short walk to Orchard Road made shopping more enjoyable! Will definitely recommend to friends and hope to be back soon!

2 Thank BedokBear
Dear BedokBear,

Thank you for your positive recommendation of Ouincy.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the club benefits, hotel facilities and location.

Qool Team hopes to welcome you back in the not too distant future

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had our staycation last weekend and enjoyed every minute of it! A lovely boutique style hotel, friendly and welcoming service staff... free parking for guests and if you managed to book the promotional pricing deals (e.g. all meals & snacks included, wifi included, mini bar, short art or pastry workshop and late checkout), all the better for a great stay. As for the room, it's comfortable in size, firm bed for a good night's rest, clean bathroom with shower & bath tub...

Movie nights are on Saturday by the level 12 pool area.

Oh and if the included meals are not to your fancy and require some window or actual shopping, Orchard Road and the countless restaurants are within 10mins walk.

We'll definitely plan for a return visit soon :D

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com

3 Thank xysg
Dear xys g,

ThanQ for your positive review of Ouincy.

It is heartening to know that you had an enjoyable weekend with us and our Club offerings met your expectations. The convenience of our location has earned many compliments of our guests and we are glad that you endorse it too.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another Qool stay!

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff, good location near Orchard Rd shops and MRT and excellent value with everything included. We had access straight away, after being picked up at 930am from the airport, to our lovely room on the 11th floor. We felt very comfortable and welcome here, something that is sometimes lacking in the bigger Singapore hotels. We will stay here again on our next visit to wonderful Singapore.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Redruby15
ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear 12Rubylou,

ThanQ for your positive review of Quincy and it is to our delight to know that you had a comfortable stay with us.

We have a great team at Quincy and they will be glad to receive your kind compliments for their hospitality and service levels.

Qool Team hopes to welcome you back in the not too distant future