“Quincy hotel”

Ranked #6 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Doha, Qatar
“Quincy hotel”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Excellent location, five minutes easy walk to Orchard rd. (Paragon is the nearest mall). Friendly, helpful staff who were always around to answer questions, book taxis and pour the wine! The food was very good, hot breakfasts with a choice of cold meats and cereals and two coffee machines that were available all day. There were also light snacks like finger sandwiches, cakes and nibbles from 2-4pm and dinner from 6-8pm with cocktails and wines all included in the room price. We went for the larger corner rooms, the beds were fantastic, large and comfortable with good quality linen and a modern trendy decor. We had a compact but well equipped bathroom with a deep bath, separate shower and Molten Brown toiletries. The water was always hot and plentiful with excellent water pressure.

The hotel provided a free car from the airport on arrival and as we had booked two rooms, another free car on the way back. Although it wasn't the Q7 as advertised is was equally luxurious with more than enough room for us all. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Quincy and for the money it represents an excellent deal, of course there are larger and more impressive hotels nearby but if you want a base for sightseeing and shopping with excellent staff and good quality food, then you can't go wrong!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com

ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear 63witch,

We are delighted to receive your review and to know you enjoyed the comfort of our room, facilities, club offerings and the services of the Qool Team.

We appreciate your strong recommendation to our readers through your review and look forward to welcoming you back to Quincy.

Qool regards, Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have stayed in in hundreds of hotels over my life, however this one will have to rate as one of the best. As a boutique hotel it has plenty to offer that differentiates itself. FREE breakfast, lunch and light evening meals, cocktails and wine,the airport limousine pick up, 2 pieces of laundry a day, and the wonderful friendly yet professional service is exceptional. Centrally located, making business meetings easily accessible via a quick taxi ride. Nothing was too difficult for the staff, and they made my first trip,to Singapore one that I will talk about with friends and familyfor years to come.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with StayFarEast.com

1 Thank Leanna T
ChristinaWLee, Manager at The Quincy Hotel by Far East Hospitality, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Leanna T

We are deeply honoured to receive your full marks compliments.

Qool team is thrilled to receive your kind endorsement for its location, facilities and club offerings.

We have a great team at Quincy and they will be glad to receive your kind compliments for their hospitality and service levels.

The Qool Team looks forward to welcoming you again for another memorable stay experience in the near future.

Switzerland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed again at the Quincy two years after my last review. Thanks God the best things have not changed: Limousine pick-up from or transfer to the airport, 2 pieces of laundry daily, free mini bar, free WiFi (of very good quality). The full board concept doesn't exist anymore, instead there are still included in the price the full breakfast buffet, sandwiches at noon and a light buffet for dinner (varying daily on a weekly basis), which is available until 20:30. Obviously, the full board concept didn't correspond to the needs of the majority of the guests. As a compensation prices are a bit lower now and there is the possibility to have early check in or late check out at no charge. The staff, both at the reception desk and in the restaurant are always friendly and efficient. My specification for the room was fully respected.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Konstantin F,

ThanQ for choosing to stay with Ouincy again!

Your repeat visits are a positive testament to the stay experience that we have provided and we are delighted to know that you still enjoy the club offerings, services and facilities.

Qool Team hopes to have the opportunity to serve you again on your many subsequent visits.

Carnegie, Australia
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Well, myself and my daughter (19) loved our three night stay at this hotel. In a lovely quiet spot and yet 5 minutes walk to Orchard road. It is small, modern and quirky in a good way. The all inclusive package was fantastic value. I did not want to change to the hotel booked by my work! I am looking forward to returning :-)

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Liontamer007
Dear Liontamer007,

ThanQ for your review and recognizing the value of our Club offerings.

Many of our guests have given us the thumbs up for our accessible location and we are glad that you have endorsed it too

Qool team is delighted to learn of your positive stay experience and looks forward to hosting you again soon.

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the hotel for a night before we go back to Japan.
I was very pleased on how Quincy treat their guests. You will definitely feel that you are special.
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE IS GOOD!

Staff are always smiling.
Mark of the front desk delivers exceptional service as he arrange everything for me.
Both business needs and leisure ideas.
I had a problem with directions and he is so kind to print everything for us and walk us through.

I will definitely stay here every time I fly to Singapore.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank yukihana81
Dear Yukihana81,

ThanQ for taking time to write this excellent review and it is especially heartening to know that the Qool team, particularly Mark made such an impression on you!

I will pass your appreciation on to him. I am sure he will be encouraged by such inspiring comments and delighted to know that his efforts are being appreciated.

Qool Team looks forward to your next visit

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I found this hotel on the internet while trawling for options of where to stay for a brief stopover in Singapore. There were Singapore Sale Stopover deals advertised for a few hotels, and Quincy Hotel (and most of the Far East Hospitality listings) was one of them.

My visit was primarily to re-connect with old friends, as opposed to shopping, nightlife and doing the touristy thing. However, I found the location wonderful for easy access to Orchard Road and also for my friends to come and meet me. Although this wasn't a shopping trip, I did wander down to the nearby shops to pick up a few necessities and gifts. The Singapore Sale was in full swing, so there were bargains to be had, and it was so easy to walk back to the hotel.

I loved all the extras included in the stay at the Quincy Hotel. My deal I selected included:
- complimentary mini bar
- complimentary snacks and beverages at the restaurant on the ground floor
- complimentary local calls
- complimentary wifi (public areas and in-room)
- complimentary pick up at Changi airport
- complimentary 2 hour access to one of the premium lounges at Changi airport
I made the most of all of it. It was particularly easeful and pleasing to be able to catch up with friends in the restaurant area and offer them snacks and beverages at no additional cost. Let's be upfront, these days there's not much that is free.

Check-in was a breeze with a friendly welcome, and I appreciated being shown to my room and provided with a quick guide-through of how to operate/access the room services. The location is quiet, as it's set well away from Orchard Road. I enjoyed the pool facilities, the restaurant, complimentary services, and had a great sleep during my stay (bed and bathroom were awesome).

Prior to my departure, I called down to reception and inquired about my options for getting to the airport. I also had a particular question regarding using my credit card as I was short on Spore dollars. I managed to book a suitable taxi for the morning as well as a wake up call. Staff were very helpful and informed.

Tip - if you do need to use a credit card to pay for taxis in Spore, please note that they don't seem to accept Visa (yes, it is odd, but it has something to do with a policy set out by their management company with specific credit card merchants).

So, to sum up. Quincy Hotel met all my expectations and more. Many thanks to the staff and management for surprising me with such a great stay and friendly service. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank chiine
Dear chine,

Thank you for the endorsement of Quincy. We are elated to have surprised you positively beyond your expectations.

We are grateful for your appreciation towards the Qool team and are glad that you had the time to soak in our hotel facilities.

We are pleased to provide you with a place to catch- up with your friends and hope they managed to try the famous Rainbow Cake from Dean & Deluca.

Qool Team looks forward to your return soon.

Malaysia
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed on 12th July 2014 before my pancreatic surgery at Mt Elizabeth Hospital and my husband stayed for a couple more days when I was warded. A good 5 mins walk to the hospital and short distance to famous shopping area, Orchard Road. Yet location of hotel is quiet and away from hustle and bustle. After checking in we were greeted and brought to our room, very welcoming! Excellent service from all staff. Clean room with good view. Free light refreshments whole day. Free laundry for 2 pcs per day. Complementary car park too. Very very pleased with this hotel. Will definitely stay again but for holiday this time. A big THANK YOU Quincy!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear iloveperth,

ThanQ for your heart warming endorsements! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed the club offerings and are grateful for your appreciation towards our service.

Qool team sends you warm wishes for a speedy recovery.