“An art deco experience with dress code”
Review of Atlas Bar

Atlas Bar
Ranked #34 of 12,653 Restaurants in Singapore
Price range: US$15 - US$36
Neighbourhood: Central Area/City Area
Description: ATLAS, a grand lobby and bar, is a celebration of the 1920's rich culinary and beverage traditions. At ATLAS you can enjoy its dining and drinking throughout the day and deep into the night. Elegant European cocktails and one of Asia's finest collections of gin, spirits and champagnes. A refined selection of modern European dishes, from a light breakfast, fulfilling lunch and an indulgent dinner.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Having read about and heard about this bar, I could not wait to visit. We were told that they were fully booked but as two persons we had a good chance as early walk-ins. Except.. we had not been told about a dress code. I wore my only dress and low white sandals. My husband had a shirt, long chinos and Keens. The verdict was that our dress was " not chic enough". I think they meant a more formal dress and high heels for women and perhaps a tie and jacket for men ? It was not clear. We said that we had not been told these specifics and were kindly admitted in.
The decor is certainly something else, in a sort of Germanic 1930s way. Very imposing. The drinks were rather tiny for the price and not especially to our tastes and I suspect one of the gins would have been a better bet. We are glad we went for the decor and people watching and also the art pieces outside in the courtyard.

Date of visit: February 2018
Atlas S, General Manager at Atlas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Dear UnaW,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at ATLAS. It was a pleasure having you here with us.

I apologise you were not informed about the dress code in advance but I am happy to hear we were able to welcome you to ATLAS nonetheless.

I am glad you enjoyed the architecture of our lobby bar and I hope we can welcome you back to try one of the many gins we serve!

Warmest Regards,
Nadine H

Reviewed 11 March 2018

You need to visit this bar to believe it. I did not know there was so many different makes of gin around the world. 378 just from England alone. The decor and atmosphere inside is stunning. Service is excellent . Ok 25 to 30 Singapore dollars is pricey, but everything is here and trust me, its well worth the experience. Enjoy Rob

Date of visit: February 2018
Atlas S, General Manager at Atlas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at ATLAS.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your evening with us. We do take pride in our selection of spirits and hope that you will return to enjoy our dining menu next time!

It was a pleasure to welcome you and we are looking forward to receiving you again at ATLAS!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

If I could only go to one bar this would be the one! The most fantastic Art Deco masterpiece. The gin tower is fantastic. I had 2 different martinis, both super. Only bar that we have ever had to wait for a table to drink, so book if you can. Wonderful experience.

Date of visit: March 2018
Atlas S, General Manager at Atlas Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Dear vmtownsend,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with ATLAS!

We do tend to get fully booked well ahead in advanced albeit we do keep majority of our tables and bar seats for walk in guests.

Nonetheless, we are happy to hear that you have had an enjoyable time with us. We do take pride in our selection of spirits and hope that you will return to enjoy our dining menu next time!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Overall, this place is worth a visit. The decor is stunning, the list of drinks incredible, and the cocktails - oh how good they are. Prices are high, and I've had more interesting drinks with high-quality liquor for a better cost - so it's worth a nice drink and move on to the next place (unless you can afford more, or even the $190.000 drink - then go right ahead and enjoy your visit!)

Dear Danielle M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at ATLAS.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

The fabulous surrounding, Art Deco, it’s a must visit, if I live in Singapore this will be my the place you can find me all the time, I love the place, definitely go back there again

Date of visit: March 2018

Dear Rindy F,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with ATLAS!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your time with us. It was a pleasure, and we hope to welcome you again soon!

Warmest Regards,