“Very good hotel and ideal location for a short break in Singapore.”

Park Hotel Clarke Quay
Ranked #56 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 21 December 2012

This is a very good all-round hotel for a fair price in a super location near the river in Singapore. Many restaurants and bars close by, easy access to metro,buses,taxis etc. Pleasant to stroll along the river. The hotel facilities are very good without being too posh or luxurious. The rooms are compact but fine for a short stay. The pool is good. The breakfasts are excellent. Good value in a town which is getting very expensive for most things (except taxis).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,446)

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Spotless, staff are extremely efficient and helpful, close to the Quays without being bang in the middle, and a great point for getting to other parts of Singapore. The option of a temporary room to freshen up before a late departing flight was offered (without having to be requested) Great choice at breakfast. Only downside is charging for internet, but so many hotels cling onto this so unfair to single them out.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RobbieFulton
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I was looking for a place to stay in Singapore for 4 night on a stop over to Oz. I have stayed at the likes of the Shangrila and very nice it was. This holiday was more about exploring the city than staying in a hotel and enjoying its facilities. However I am not a back packer or budget hotel sort of person.

Having done a bit of homework and reading through Trip Advisor review I decided to give it a punt. I was concerned about small rooms and being a single traveller thought I would get a box room at the back.

Arrived in Singapore at 07:00 and so was at the hotel by 09:00. Went to check in who said that the room allocated was not ready but could have a twin straight away. Decided to opt for the double and wait. They said I could go to the swimming pool or go out or wait at reception. At 11:00 was allocated my room and able to go up and put my bits away. The room is more than adequte for two prople, no it is not a suite, however they are not charging the price of a suite.

Room and bathroom were clean and tidy and modern in there feel. If you want to stay and spend all your time in a hotel room then perhaps not the most ideal. If you want somewhere to stay I would say it was more than adequate.

I found all the staff atentive I was using my laptop at the pool bar and asked about internet and the waitress entered the code for me giving me 24 hrs access. If you go to reception they will do the same for you or give you the code. It also worked on the 6th floor in my room.

I had a few drinks outside on the ground floor in the cool using my laptop with very good staff. At first though drinks at $S18 a pint was expensive and assumed hotel prices. However having spent a few days in Singapore realised this is the usual price for a beer unless you find a pub doing a happy hour. Even then the price advertised is not what you pay with ++.

Location is more Robertson Quay than Clark Quay, in fact Robertson Quay is all of 30 seconds walk. It is full of restuarants mainly aimed at the Western taste either Italian, spanish, pub grub (see more on eating later).

With regards to breakfast I ate out all but last, there is a Strabucks, Subway and Cafe in the UE centre accross the road. As well as a supermarket "Fresh One" on the 2nd floor. It sells all you may want including alchol chilled if required cheeper than bar or mini bar.

I did have breakfast on the last day and it was OK, selection of western and asian choices, however glad I did not pay to have all week. Although I am a cooked breakfast once in a while sort of person hence the deciding to go there.

Tip regarding eating out. I did not have a western meal in the days that I was there, I used the Hawkers Markets / Food Courts in the Malls. The choice of food is great, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, etc etc. And very cheap about $S4 to $S8 for a persons meal. In fact I ended up going out of my way for the food courts rather than an easy burger.

Check out was fine, and I went sight seeing in town for the day and the hotel were happy for me to leave suitcases and then go to the second floor to change for my flight.

Make use of the conceirge they are very good. Make use of Taxis they are cheap esp around the city. Walk if you can, you get a much better feeling of the city. I found the city very safe even walking around with a very expensive DSLR. Even in China Town and Hawker Markjets, no one gives you a secind glance.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level rrom
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank SimonSouthampton
PHCQExec_office, General Manager at Park Hotel Clarke Quay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it was our great pleasure to have you as our guest.

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us and we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel's vibrant location and the warm hospitality provided by our team members.

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you again to Park Hotel Clarke Quay in the not too far distant future! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Fabulous New Year 2013.

Reviewed 16 December 2012

A modern hotel in a good location but the rooms are so small its not funny. The booking system is flawed, and the front desk lacks delegated authority to fix things. The first room they gave us smelt of chemicals, when they were asked to rectify this, the man from housekeeping put an ozonge generator in the room, which my wife promptly switched off as ozone is contra-indicated for rooms without full natural ventilation. In the end had to go to the night manager as staff on front desk seemed unable to make any descisions. New room was a bit nicer but still amazingly small ( unfortunately this seems to be the trend in modern asian hotels). Breakfast was ok but nothing original. The only thing going for this hotel is probably its location near to (but not at) Clark Quay and many other resturants. To be honest, I will not be using this hotel again, its really not worth the money or the effort when there are so many other much nicer hotels in Singapore.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest

We appreciate you taking time to provide us your constructive feedback on our room size which we regret did not meet your expectation. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory experience during your stay with us.

We hope this isolated incident will not deter you from using our hotel. We certainly look forward to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Park Hotel Clarke Quay. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Fabulous New Year 2013 !

Reviewed 14 December 2012

Hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms small but lovely, great shower. Bellboys and reception staff were very helpful. We got there early in the morning before our rooms were ready. Without asking, they gave us a courtesy room so we could sleep. Central location, good breakfast. Couldn't ask for more and really recommend it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ThePepperCookies

Dear Valued Guest

I am truly delighted to learn that you have an enjoyable stay with us. As well, we are grateful for your commendations towards the hotel's vibrant location, its facilities and our quality service.

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us and certainly look forward to the pleasure of serving you again. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Fabulous New Year 2013 !

Reviewed 14 December 2012

stayed here with a couple of mates, we are between 19 - 23 years old (male) and we came here for a music festival on sentosa.

Awesome hotel, friendly staff and great service. The location is perfect with everything we needed such as restaurants and bars (clark quay and robinson quay) all walking distance away, also a taxi fare is cheap as chips in Singapore

The rooms had great views and more than we expected such as bath robes and slippers, also all your toiletries needs complimentary.

The gym was great aswell as the pool. The location is perfect and will be definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: Bookings.com gave us very good prices for the rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 December 2012

We stayed at the Park Hotel for one night in November. The rooms are small (perhaps typical for Singapore?) but well appointed. The location is quite central and the staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet was good. Although we didn't use the pool it looks delightful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple