“Big Surprise about this hotel”

Hotel 81 - Heritage
Ranked #229 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I came to Singapore for the first time and i didn't study the map that cleary so i was lost on the street and couldn't find the hotel and i ask peoples around for the street and everyone pointed at one location. I remember that the hotel must be OLD and BLUE so i been searching on the street for like 10 minutes and i couldn't find an old blue hotel and when i was walking by a very beautiful lobby white and red very clean i thought to myself WOW this hotel must cost alot of money (because we was traveling in 3 and hotel in Singapore is very expensive) and i thought to myself why my hotel couldn't be like this one and then i realize the building is BLUE!!! so i take a look at the name and it was MY HOTEL!!! very big surprise in booking.com the hotel look very old! but in reality it's look georgose!!.

The hotel reception was very FRIENDLY! we had a European charger and we couldn't connect it and the reception borrow us for free without any charge and if we finish all the coffee or tea in our room they will always give us with a smile. the room was big and it was i think one of the cheapest hotel for 3 person in Singapore that isn't so far from the centre.

The only bad things is that the toilet door was broken but it still can be lock and when you shower a hot water then the the whole toilet will cover with hot smoke and there was a Fire alarm safety things on the top and i'm always afriad it will explored because of the heat. and when you sit on the toilet and someone shower before you the whole floor will be wet.

But the rest is very good :) recommanded!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

My experience at Hotel Heritage was indeed a terrible one and it affected my mood during my stay here in Singapore. I was greeted horribly by front-desk staff at the check-in counter, he was wearing a name tag named "Robin". He did not even bother to look up, let alone greet me and welcome me to this hotel but instead was busily engrossed with his phone and treated me as if I am invisible. I had to excuse myself more than twice and when he realised of my existence in front of the conter, he bluntly replied "Ya?". He did not made eye contact with me during the whole transaction and continued conversing very rudely to me. Hotel Heritage should be ashamed to have hired such a poorly behaved and ill-mannered staff like himself. I'm pretty sure that the Hotel will have higher standards in hiring professionals in the future. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank yovv
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 days, we booked for one triple room and they gave us on third floor.. That was a good experience. Since we only back to hotel for sleep, this hotel offers friendly staff, clean room, good location and budget price.. Only takes 5-10 minutes to walk to Lavender MRT station, many food court arround the hotel, and we walk for 15-20 minutes to Mustafa Center.. A lil bit noisy at night because our room right in front of the street, but overall not bad..

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The room and bathroom are clean, friendly staff, cozy place, good location and friendly budget for a hotel. Hotel 81 Heritage located in Jalan Sultan. Its location make me east to find halal food (cause i'm a moslem)
Thank to Mr. Firhad who served our with excellent service

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This hotel is between the Lavender and Bugis MRT and therefore very centrally located. You can also easily walk over to Little India from here. The room was rather small and although it had a window, the shutter made it a bit dark and even if you opened the shutter the wall of the next building was only an arms-length away. Both the room and the bathroom were clean. Overall an average hotel with a good location.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

It is cost effective if you are spending the day outside as not much amenities are provided. No view as the window cannot be opened. No fridge. Very small size of closet. Great location. Nearby to a number of nice food places.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Booked only one night and was really happy to move next day to another hotel. It was quite poor service by the reception girl. I would say quite unfriendly. Place was really noisy during a night. Noticed cleaning staff on the corridor in the very late evening. Is the policy of the hotel to clean at the late hours?

Honestly not recommending.