“Value for Money”

Ranked #172 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“Value for Money”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I have walked past this hotel several times and got the opportunity to stay here recently.
Booked for 3 nights. Rooms are very clean. Reception people are very warm and small browsing station for 2 people. Only downside is that room is quite small for the price paid. Overall very pleasant experience and will stay again if i want a budget experience in Singapore.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Did not like this hotel much so shifted to Value Thomson after 2 nights. Felt cramped in the small rooms and corridors. Cleanliness and staff were okay..no complaints there. Location was also not bad being pretty close to Little India.

Room Tip: No tips for this hotel really.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place turns out to be better than I expected. If it weren't for the small room space, I would probably give it a 5-star. But what more can I ask, it's a budget hotel anyway.
Thumbs up to the staff here. REALLY REALLY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY.

After much research, my wife and I have decided to choose this place. We are on our holiday with our 3 year of daughter. Upon arrival, just as I was getting off the taxi, the hotel staff rushed out to assist in our luggages. This caught me by surprise as I thought there was someone trying to steal our luggage. I was relieved when I saw his t-shirt and remember that we are in Singapore. I have to admit that I was surprise with this service - another thumbs up to the staff.
At the lobby, we were greeted with warm welcome.

Check-in was a brief. In fact, they allowed me to check in earlier. No extra charges.
The hotel staff helped us with our luggage to the room.

Room was really small - as described by others. Toilet was really small as well. A small cloth was placed on the floor. I guess they expect waters from the toilet will surely get the room wet.
I found that the floor is sticky too. It would really be great if they provide free sandals.

Largest bed available was the queen size. Doesn't really matter for me - more important is the room was clean.

Hotel doesn't have any restaurant or children activity area. But there is free internet at the lobby. Guest will also have free wifi login during their stay. Speed wise about 1Mb. Able to surf with no problem.

About the location, I would say that it is really strategic & convenient for taking the public transport. Bus stop is just in front and opposite the hotel. Just a few stops away then you will be at the nearest MRT station. No taxi stop nearby, so if you are taking a cab in front the hotel, you gotta be fast. Else the cab driver will receive a fine.
Hotel does offer free pick up in the morning, but the driver was really a hot headed guy. He seems really pissed on when passengers bring huge luggage. Then he mentioned, "actually, you can't bring huge luggage. This pick up is only meant for small luggage". I don't know get it - but in the spirit of holiday, we just ignore him.

I would definitely recommend anyone interested for a budget stay.

Room Tip: No fridge in room. If you need to store cold stuff, ask the hotel staff. They willing to share their...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank z_c00l
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I was booked in this hotel by my travel agent for over a week . it was too Noisy in the nights especially over weekends. decent staff , Room cleaning was not good enough .. 4th floor always has smell of cigarette. I wouldn't recommend if you want a good nights sleep.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Hotel is good in terms of location and cleanliness. An SMRT bus stand just outside the hotel, 15 minutes walk from Novena metro station, and 20 minutes from Changi airport. Rooms were small but clean and were supplied with basic amenities and staff was helpful. Also has nearby 7'11 stores and a hawker center. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Mr. Addison in the front desk is an awesome professional receptionist , and really an asset for Value Hotel Baliestier. I have been seeing this person for the last two years, and is really a synonymn for Hospitality.

This only shows the value chain of hotels builds the team in their work place to delight the customer.
The staff Addison is so extremely helpful, would greet you nicely and give some weather updates of Singapore. Also he will guide to some near by places, and for emergency shopping and ATM near by. He will ensure to call the guest once checked in to see if the room in comfortable to the guest. Also, while we check out, as a courtesy reminds about the travelling ticket and passport.
These small gestures makes big value for Value Chain of Hotels.
If I were to start a hotel, I would grab a person like Addison to run my business.

Value Hotel Baliestier by its locations and good staff are really contributing to the Hospitality industry in Singapore. Well done Value Hotel Baliestier and Mr. Addison !! Great days ahead for you !!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: A Room with window would be good option so that you are not disconnected with the world. If you are...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business