“Stay to experience it. Another nice getaway place in Singapore from the busy city and work.”
Review of City Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Singapore
City Beach Resort
Ranked #274 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 14 May 2014

From far I thought I am moving towards a workers hostel area. No expectations of any good stay. Old saying don't judge a book by it's cover. It looks pretty ok, room was clean but a little stuffy so just let the door open awhile for fresh air in. There's a seafood restaurant with reasonable price. Can go for beach walk in the evening. Slow down to admire the nice modern building nearby. Look at the yacht just park in-front of the apartments. Its a right place for wedding couples to keep picture as memories. In the morning can go up to Labrador Park to enjoy another scenery.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Susan3112013

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

Rooms were musty n smelt terrible. Cleanliness suspicious. Breakfast was very very simple n totally inadequate. It was to be from 7-9am. When my friends n I came at 830am, there was only plain porridge with absolutely no condiments left. They confirmed that they were not replenishing! Worse! Even the bread had run out! We only had plain very very very watery porridge and hard boiled eggs. No refund either for what we paid for. Seriously, avoid this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
8  Thank D77
Reviewed 28 May 2012 via mobile

This is perhaps the worst 'hotel' in Singapore. A total insult to the beautiful city. The rooms were of sub-standard condition - small, cardboards were falling off, extra bed was very squeaky, bathrooms were not clean, toilet had weird noises coming out once in a while, chairs were moldy (yes..). The front desk staff could barely speak proper English (mainland Chinese I suppose), safety protocol was flawed... There was an instance when I locked myself out of the room. I proceeded to the front desk to ask for an extra key and GUESS WHAT? They gave me the MASTER KEY! Dining area's mood and atmosphere can certainly be improved to a 3-star hotel's standard. Food was plain and there was a lack of variety.

• Stayed: May 2012
13  Thank TheFabian
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Never, ever, stay in this resort. Totally made my holiday terrible!

• Stayed: June 2011
15  Thank Lleoz
Reviewed 3 April 2010

Personally I have been to Singapore for sport competition. This hotel is near the river and of course a nice view. So it's good for us. But for those of you who want to travel only in the city. DON'T choose this hotel! first, It locates in the alley which is very far to walk in from the main street, like a kilometer. In the main street, it has a bus stop, number 100 to the city. (if I'm not wrong.) This bus will pass to Vivo City, Merlion, Esplanade etc. Check for the specific schedule again.

The price isn't cheap much for backpackers. For business man and who need to stay in a beautifull resort. The breakfast food is suck. I don't quite like muslim food of their tastes. There are a seafood restaurant in front of the resort also a small bar in the corner. The room is...well not bad actually. Cable TV is suck and the air conditioner is so hot. The bathroom is good. Heater like other resort.

TIPS : If you have to stay in this resort, make sure you have a map cause it's quite hard to find for tourists like us. Some Singapore people, they don't know the way. If you have your own car, will be better. If you want to travel in the city, please don't stay in this hotel. It's far for you to catch a MRT station. It's like 20 minutes to city by a bus, no traffic jam.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
12  Thank daniworldstar
Reviewed 3 January 2010

On nov 27,2009 I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights .on the first night, there was a cockroach in my room . I saw it with my own eyes . my friends and I quickly ran to the lobby for some help. We requested for a room change. But they didn't let us change our room till the second night. So we had no choice but sit and wait in the lobby for 1 whole night.

10  Thank Dfhj
Reviewed 22 March 2009

My group of 5 families (10 adults & 7 children) stayed there on 14 March 2009 for a school holidays' getaway! We booked 5 Premium Rooms at a group's rate of S$120 each with complimentary breakfast for everyone.

This is not really a resort but an ex-army camp converted into hotel rooms, caters more for China tourist groups.

The location is inconvenient as It is far inside the Labrador Nature Reserve, only good for those who drive, free parking on site.

The staffs were friendly and helpful but almost all the staffs on duty that day were Chinese but could speak simple English. The check-in (2pm onwards) and check-out (2pm latest) were fast.

The Premium Rooms are spacious with a double and 2 single beds, the toilet has only shower, no complimentary toiletries but has bath gel and shampoo provided in the shower room.

The breakfast buffet was Chinese style with fried eggs, noodles, mee hoon, mini hot dogs, bread, etc and hot drinks which served between 7am and 9am.

There is a seafood restaurant just opposite the hotel.

The 'pool' is only good for children's water play, not really a swimming pool.

I won't recommend this hotel to light sleeper as it can be noisy at the corridor early morning when the tour groups depart.

But i would recommend it to the locals who want a short getaway or overseas friends who prefer a hotel in a nature reserve location but with rental car or transportation arranged .

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family