“Avoid these Sharks”

Description: on water edge Boat Quay
Perth, Australia
“Avoid these Sharks”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

As with most of the comments already offered we too were duped by the fast talking, discount promising, free drink offering shysters who lured us to their table.
One medium serve of spicy chicken (sold as large), 6 kebabs & a serve of steamed rice (sold as large) plus a glass of Tiger beer and a soft red came to $81 SGD.
These people don't realize (and doubtless don't care about) the bad publicity they provide for Singapore.
I'll be flying to Europe via Dubai using Emirates next time!

• Visited September 2013

Province of Alicante, Spain
“Famous Chilli Crab”
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

Out for a stroll down Boat Quay at South Bridge the restaurant looked ok so we decided to try it, however perhaps if wifi was available we would have given it a miss after reading some dreadful reviews this evening. Was it so bad? The view down Boat Quay to The Fullerton Hotel is great which admittedly took our eyes off of the grotty table clothes. The Chilli crab arrived was nice but a lot of hard work for little reward. The waiters were nice and helpful in particular the young lady. For 2 mains and 1 rice and 1 noodles and 2 cokes bill come to $S148.
It wasn't as bad as the reviews if read tonight but certainly just average.

Hopefully the restaurant owner reads Tripadvisor and can try to improve where the public are critical.

• Visited September 2013
Milan, Italy
“A TRAP IN SINGAPORE”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I can just blame myself for being in a state of confused jet leg as this restaurant was obviously to be avoided from the very beginning (no clear price on the menu). anyway the food was ordinary but the SCAM was extraordinary. I had ordered some lobster and I was brought a fake mixed thai lobster plate (have a look at the pic and judge yourself). The price ? only 180 euro..by the way once I asked "what's the equivalent of 370.72 SGD in EURO" (the total price of the bill) I was said " 80-82 euro!". I asked again. "are you sure? I have just landed..I can't check online as I have no roaming.." They said " yes yes 80-82". I just discovered it was INDEED the equivalent of 215 EURO! A scam, a theft, a rip-off, an organized crime, a disgusting trap for unaware turists. This place should be CLOSED and VISA and MASTERCARD, AMEX should NOT BE Part of the SCAM.

Stockholm, Sweden
“Nice location but somewhat shady practices”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

As many others already mentioned before, this is a tourist trap, but I was quite aware what I was walking into… As it was a very hot even for Singapore, and I had been slowly roasting all day walking around under the scorching sun, I didn’t really care. The place was on my way, the restaurant provided nice shade and there was a refreshing breeze from the riverside.

I ordered a chili crab as it had been long time since I eaten one. It was cooked well and they brought it fast. French fries that I ordered on the side looked a little dead though. Of course it was much overpriced – I paid 113 SGD for the smallest crab they had, 2 soft drinks (in plastic glasses) and 1 small portion of fries. Ok, that small crab was very big for one person and I was struggling to finish it, but I used to dine in much fancier Singaporean restaurants and don’t remember paying through the nose.

However, what completely put me off was a couple of live turtles in a plastic bucket on the floor, hidden in the kitchen behind the official display of aquariums filled with food-to-be. When I went in to pay, I asked the waitress if they cook the turtles. She got really nervous and started lying through her teeth that the turtles aren’t for cooking, and she has no idea why her boss keeps them in the kitchen. That was very odd, as eating turtles isn’t illegal in Singapore, and even though I wouldn’t do it – who am I to judge? I am not even a vegetarian. However, being lied to so bluntly didn’t feel very good.

I am definitely NOT going there again, even though the location is good. There are far better places in Singapore.

Sydney, Australia
“Liars and can not be trusted! A hard lesson learnt!”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

They offered a 20% discount of the bill and it was our first night so we wanted a nice seafood dinner. My husband felt it was odd and also there wasn't much people in the restaurant and he wasn't too keen. I was hungry and we have an infant with us furthermore it was getting late so we decided to eat there. We ordered a squid dish as a entree( average), medium black pepper crab (good) and fish, we specifically asked about the fish's price and the waitress told us it was 30SGD so got it (lack of flavour). Upon finishing the meal we were bill shocked because the total 3 dishes cost us nearly 300SGD! The crab was not an issue because its expected for live crab but the fish alone was 120SGD! The waitress and owners are liars and will try to overcharge, very dishonest people!