Lowest prices for your stay
£55
Fully refundable before Tue, 12 Mar
£116
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£48
No fees just great deals
All reviews city square mall budget hotel little india mrt station family room rooms are small walking distance shopping location luggage eateries
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Me my wife and my brother stayed at Tai Hoe from 15 to 18 of oct and i must say it is a budget hotel but a real nice and comfy one.As there were three of us we opted for the family room with three beds. The rooms are nice and clean but could do with a little more room to walk around or put our luggage,It never felt cramped at anytime .One important bit is that make sure to get rooms with a window that makes it even brighter and less stuffy.The bathrooms are clean ,well done up and theres enough hot water.you have WIFI available in the rooms on payment.The location is another thing which really works for this hotel, in little india bang behind Mustafa shopping center you will never be out of options to spend your time , shop and eat.There is a nice small Tv in the room with the basic local channels but could do with a bigger one .Now to the amusing part (s) you get your Tv remote control when you check in at the reception and have to hand it over when you check out, there is coffe and tea making facilities as in you are given mugs,coffe tea sachets but .... no hot water kettle or jug . The hot water dispenser is out in the alleyway and one has to go back and forth to get hot water for your drink.well at first i was amused later not so much .The beds have wheels under them so it keeps sliding off position once in a while and dont be surprised if you find your self on the other end of the room in the morning, the kids will love it im sure ,dint bother us thought.The receptionist were polite and always help full ,even let us keep our luggage in the cloak room for a few hours.The rooms are cozy and quite and the house keeping does a good job,I would have given better rating if it wasent for the hot water and a big fat cockroach that i found in my room on the last day . Over all its a great place to stay in little india.Well worth your money and great standards for a budget hotel

Room tip: Pick a room with a Window ...
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank greatwhiteMumbai
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I stayed in Tai Hoe with my husband and my dad. The first day I arrived earlier, and during check in I inform to receptionist that my family will come later. The receptionist is a nice young guy, courteous and helpful. After checking in for my family, he called the room few minutes later to assure if my family have been well get into the room.
Another help is from the housekeeping guy. I was forgot to return remote control of TV and AC when I check out. Rather than to help by coordinating with her walkie- talkie on hand, the lady at receptionist asking me to go upstairs to 6th floors to take them back. Glad that housekeeping guy I met in front of elevator has took them and give to me. He knows my room number and aware that I forgot to return back the remotes.
The housekeeping guy just simply helped me and making things easier for the guests.
Well... clean room, clean bathroom, soap, powerful spray, clean towel, coffee-tea making facilities, complimentary water, hot water refill, refrigerator, clean linen, TV with limited channels, terrific location with MRT station right across the hotel, even in rainy days like now is still convenient because you can go through City Square Mall. Overall is value for money in pricey Singapore.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank AryaniSudarsono
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Tai Hoe is budget hotel located near little india. Rooms are clean and hygine. Hotel staff is cooperative and good services. As its budget hotel, they charge separately for internet(6 SGD for 24 hours). Indian food is available nearby, so location is good for indian foodie.

Room tip: Choose above level 4 facing main road to city square mall.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank kunuchopra
Reviewed 9 August 2012

One of the near attractions is Mustafa Shopping Center, less than 100m away. This huge department store has everything from chinese herbs to latest iphone model. I can easily spend hours among its endless aisles.

The hotel itself is clean, small but not as claustrophobic as several budget hotel chain in Singapore. Staff is no-nonsense efficient, I asked if I could use their telephone, they replied by pointing at a public phone booth outside. Yes not friendly, but they get the job done. Room payment is done when checking in, cash or credit card, have to put deposit around S$100 (returned when checking out).

Location is terrific, MRT Farrer Park Station had direct access to City Square Mall, the hotel is located in front of the mall. Bus station is on the opposite direction, about 200m away, but not much bus route. There's a small fridge and tea/coffee making facility inside the room. TV is LCD but don't have plenty of foreign/international channel. Bathroom is small with toilet and shower attached, good & strong hot water spray. No breakfast but you can easily find 24 hours restaurant near Mustafa, several Indian food, and McDonalds (opens at 8AM) on the mall. City Square Mall is not large but has a large selection of restaurants. One of my favorite is Aston Specialities which serves good steak at a reasonably good price.

Best part of this hotel for me is very near Mustafa and MRT station. This isn't my first time staying here and definitely won't be my last.

Room tip: Don't forget to ask for room with windows
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank cyanides
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I stayed here with my family (3 adults) after having difficulties on finding an affordable family room at Singapore. It was above my expectation.
The building and the room is kinda old, but it's clean and spacious compared to the other budget hotel in Singapore. They clean the room daily, provide fresh towel, and complimentary mineral water.
The location is great. MRT is across the street. Decent shopping mall is also across the street.
And there's also Mustafa center, the 24 hour shopping mall at the same block with the hotel.
I have no difficulties on finding a good food (indian, chinese, fast food) around the hotel.
Definitely will come back again!

Room tip: ask for a room with windows.
Date of stay: June 2012