I stayed at the Orchid Country Club (OCC) for 18 days during October and November. It is a must for golfers (which i am not), with a 36 hole golf course and a floodlit driving range. On site there is a supermarket, a bowling alley, three swimming pools, a Chinese, Indian and Japanese eating establishments.
If you want peace and quite, this is the place, but be prepared to spend time travelling to downtown Singapore or any other sights of Singapore.
The OCC provides a free courtesy bus to and from the Yushun Mass Rapid Transport (MRT) station. Using the MRT is simplicity itself. Just like the London tube buy a single or return ticket, but the better option, if you intend to use it often, is the EZ card. Again, you can top the EZ card up at ticket offices or machines, just like the Oyster Card.
While I was at the OCC, it was very busy at weekends. It seems it is a popular location for weddings, reunions, religious celebrations and three day government meetings, I can confirm that these do affect the 'serenity' of the OCC.
While I was at the OCC, I ate at the Chinese, this place is overpriced. The Indian is very good value for money. I gave the Japanese a miss. The rooms are a good size, with balconies that overlook the golf course.
The down side to the OCC is the breakfast, get room only, the breakfasts are not worth the money, I had 18 days of tea, toast and yogurt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A scenic sanctuary facing the panoramic Aranda Course and Seletar Reservoir, the 75-room Orchid Lodge is Orchid Country Club’s very own resort hotel. Elegant interiors, modern design, and comfortable amenities all cater to a much needed getaway for guests in need of total relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Orchid Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchid Country Club Hotel Singapore
- Orchid Country Club Singapore