“Good value for money”

Ranked #276 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
London
“Good value for money”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

In between flights, this hotel is a $10 sin dollar journey from the airport, in a quiet area with many good restaurants and a Mall with supermarket a few blocks down the main road.

Ok, rooms are small - but they are clean and the beds are comfortable. And for the price in this expensive city, is great value for money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank D J
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear DJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Le Peranakan Hotel. Indeed Le Peranakan Hotel is just minutes away from the airport. Despite our smaller rooms, our beds our comfortable and we always strive to give our best service to allow our guests to have a very memorable and comfortable stay with us.

We do have larger rooms specifically our Deluxe or Family rooms that can only be booked directly through our email (Reservations@Leperanakanhotel.com) or by calling our hotline at +65 666 555 11. Book with us directly again in your next stay to enjoy a returning guest discount.

Yours sincerely,

Email: Kevin@Leperanakanhotel.com
HP: +65 9668 4770

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

A good, well-in-budget stay... Located at an extremely close proximity to amazing mall - Parkway Parade & the ever so lovely East Coast Beach/Parade. Loads of eateries around. The rooms may not be extremely spacious, but are very well done up..

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sids2610
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Sids,

We at Le Peranakan Hotel thank you for your kind words and we sincerely hope you have enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed Le Peranakan Hotel is well located at a food haven and with nearby malls and even a recreational East Coast Park, guests that stay at Le Peranakan Hotel will always have a comfortable holiday getaway.

Indeed most of our rooms are quite small especially our standard double rooms, but as you mentioned the Peranakan decor still makes the small rooms cosy. You should try out our larger superior rooms on your next stay with us.

Feel free to send me an email at Kevin@LePeranakanHotel.com and I will work out a good holiday package for you at Le Peranakan Hotel.

Jakarta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Its peranakan style furniture in black and gold lining carvings enticed me deeply. The hotel is strategically located on East Coast Road (the main road) where both rows are full with the colourful well-preserved two-storey Chinese shophouses. There are a lot of dining places offering various menus and price ranges from morning till late night (about 11 pm).

The room was fine for single occupancy and the price was fine for its A/C, TV, and ensuite shower. The latter is smartly designed to get natural sunshine through the glass window/roof. At night I took shower in the dark because no bulb was installed.

On my first day of stay, I asked direction from its staff who had no idea where it was (I finally found out by myself that it was only 20-minute-walk from there).

On my last day of stay, I had to get a van cab. Its staff was “kindly” arranged a fixed price van driven by an unfriendly driver. Surely, it was not a “legal” taxi (no signboard) and the “fixed price” could have been double the legal taxi fare. Frankly, I did not except this kind of service in a country like Singapore.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Hellen L
Dear Hellen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope you have enjoyed your stay at Le Peranakan Hotel.

Thank you for your feedback in regards to our standard double rooms where the skylight feature for the natural sunlight works well during the day when its bright but the lack of lighting is cause of concern. I will look into adding an additional light for that section of the room.

I apologize for not training the staff well enough in regards to giving clear directions to where you wanted to go, I will re-train the staff in this area.

In regards to the van service which you mentioned, I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you had. Feel free to drop me an email at Kevin@LePeranakanHotel.com and I will personally give you a better room accommodation deal.

Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé checked in to this hotel and we just had a bad experience. First they gave us a dusty room, the bed, carpet, everywhere is dusty but they managed to changed a new room, then the light at our room died for three times but we never complain anymore. And the worst thing, they called us that we need to check out before 12 pm and a grace period until 1215 only, so we quickly pack and prepare, we reached the front desk at around 1213 and mr Allan/Allen said that we have to pay 10 sgd because in the system its already 1221. And that guy is very rude to us, me and my fiancé are really disappointed, its not our first time to try this hotel, before they are very nice and accommodating but now its totally changed. We decided not to return to this hotel anymore and i wont recommend this hotel to anyone. I think your staff needs a proper training to be more nice and professional.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank gelai_s
Kevin B, Manager at Le Peranakan Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Gelai,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. First and foremost I sincerely apologize for the bad experience you had at Le Peranakan Hotel in regards to the first defective room and late check out situation. I apologize that my colleague came across as rude to you in regards to that situation. I will definitely provide more training to the staff so that these types of situations are better handled in future.

I was very pleased that you mentioned that this was not your first time staying at the hotel which means that you had a better first experience. Please allow me to personally handle your next reservation with us and I will ensure that you will get a better offer and customer service.

Feel free to contact me directly at +65 9668 4770 if you wish to make a reservation.

Kevin Boon

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is one of the economical hotel I've been! As for this review or as of the moment i'm still here! Why i like it here? One, this is not so far away from the town-city which is about 20-30minutes by bus. Two, this is the old traditional best foods in the country. Third, it is near the beach area of Singapore. Fourth 1 twin bed is only S$100 only and they have free wifi, free bottled (2) water, and the reception officer is very good in communication and not rude... Please prepare $50 for the deposits and it is refundable too.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ehcor,

Thank you for your kind review and staying with us at Le Peranakan Hotel. Indeed we are a boutique hotel that offers travellers good value at low prices. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

The room we stayed in were the superior double with no windows but that was alright because we had a skylight in our toilet which I really loved. The hotel room was clean and a little small but comfortable. The location is really good as it is conveniently located nearby a bus stop which made getting around alot easier. I would recommend picking up a bus map and mrt map for ease of navigation around singapore and plotting your next stop and getting back to the hotel. No food provided but thats okay as there are many food shops nearby. If you're ready to walk, the neighborhood is great with interesting shophouses to look at and walk into.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Joeymel,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I hope you enjoyed your stay at Le Peranakan Hotel. I believe the room that you stayed in without the windows but just the skylight was the Standard Double room. All our superior and deluxe rooms have windows in the room.

We at Le Peranakan Hotel look forward to your next stay with us.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Staying at this decent little hotel is a good option if you just need a clean bed and bathroom in Singapore. Although the rooms are quite small they are comfortable, a closet with clothes hangers, wash cream dispenser in the bathroom, tv, water kettle with instant coffee/milk tea are provided. No food (breakfast or otherwise) though there are plenty of places for a decent meal within one block.

Room Tip: Choose one of the superior rooms