“Comfortable stay”
Review of Wangz Hotel

Wangz Hotel
Ranked #11 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Like other reviewers, the staff do make the place stand out. Very helpful, efficient and pleasant to deal with.

We stayed in a superior room for 3 nights, and found that the room, whilst comfortable had a couple of things which might be improved - our first night was disturbed as we had excessive noise coming from the room next door, and at midnight (after a long day of travel) when we had enough, we did phone down and were grateful that someone responded in a timely manner to tone the noise level down. The bathroom was totally lacking in any shelf space to place toiletries, we ended up moving the small table from the room so we had somewhere other than the floor or shower to place things. There are also no towel hooks, so ended up using the coat stand.

The hotel was unfamiliar to many taxi drivers, but showing the map on your room key card normally worked. The tight driveway/pickup area was a bit tricky, however can't be helped due to the property itself.

Just downstairs are a fantastic little strip of local restaurants, and if we had been organised enough to have some SIN cash, would have eaten there on the first night rather than ordered from room service (which was just ok). You must try the steamed bun/dimsum shop!

The location from the Outram MRT is roughly a ten minute walk, we went there the first day as that was where the closest ATM facilities were, but we found we mostly caught cabs and hopped on the shuttle when it happened to be available.

The rooftop bar has a nice intimate feel, a bit quiet being away from all the action at the quays but good for a drink or two at the end of the day.

If I went back to Singapore, I would probably like to try staying somewhere different, but with accommodation generally so expensive, if the rate on offer was good we would stay here again.

2  Thank Amanda W
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Dear Amanda W,

Thank you for taking time to write this review and affirming the hotel’s consistency in service delivery.

Your feedback on how we can improve our room facilities will be looked into and I do apologise for any inconvenience experienced during your stay at the hotel.

Should you wish to access ATM facilities during your future stays, please be informed that there are some machines located at the nearby market which are located slightly nearer from the hotel. Please do not hesitate to approach the Front Desk for assistance on directions.

On a positive note, I am glad you had the opportunity to visit the rooftop lounge and had an enjoyable evening there.

All of us at WANGZ Hotel look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Marketing & Communications Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,309)

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Booked on the Deep Suite, which is quite pleasant for my family with 3 kids. The adjacent space separated by a sliding glass panel gives one a sense of privacy whilst being together. An ample sized bathroom also enhances the feeling of luxury of the place.

There is a Nespresso machine (although I don't know why they only provided the decaf capsules) and the usual amenities like complimentary items from the mini bar, a small but functional gym and a very flexible shuttle service to various places of interest in the city.

However, the reason I return to this hotel time and again is because of the people running the property. This time around, I noticed a number of new faces with some holdovers from the old days who continued to provide excellent, sincere and warm service. Topping the list is Dianne from Nectar, Sylvia - the extremely warm supervisor, the bell staff Kumar and Karim and a new face Mr Tan. I am also quite impressed with the shuttle driver, whose name I failed to get, but he was just a fantastically helpful chap. They made my kids feel like they were home away from home.

Noticed some new faces, most specially in the front desk. Some may be new and just getting their feet wet on the job, but I hope the culture of warm, sincere service grows on them. This hotel is tops in my recommendation list of Singapore. In fact, I brought the kids around some other hotels I stayed in the city (swankier ones) and my kids were most impressed with Wangz.

A suggestion, though - While I know the property doesn't have space for a pool (I read a review from B R mentioning the need to escape from the heat), perhaps an agreement or access to one of their properties with a pool may be in order?

Kudos to the management and staff of this hidden gem!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank viajeroManila

Dear viajeroManila,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again during your recent family vacation. We are delighted that your accommodation experience was pleasant and all of us, especially those named in this review, truly appreciate your compliments on the service.

I apologise for the hiccups you faced and we will definitely ensure the new members to the WANGZ family embrace the warm and sincere service culture we are all proud of.

Your comment on the use of pool facilities at our sister property has to be discussed by the Management as certain issues and regulations have to be considered for this to be put into effect.

Once again, we are very grateful for your support towards WANGZ Hotel and look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This is a top rate hotel where the staff make every effort to ensure guests are well looked after. The rooms are large and airy with classy decor and furnishings, whilst the hotel itself is full of wonderful original artworks - look out for a pig called Gary! Meals are excellent and personal service exemplary. A regular shuttle bus ferries guests to various locations around the city which is a great convenience. A bar on the top floor is a great place for a drink affording stunning views across the city and occasional live music. I am able to recommend this hotel without reservation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank David M
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear David M,

Thank you for writing this review. I am pleased to know you and your friends had a great experience with the overall ambience, design and offerings at the hotel and even had the opportunity of meeting our hotel pet, Gary!

Your support for WANGZ Hotel is appreciated and we look forward to having you back as our guests again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here for a total of 7 nights over the easter break and absolutely loved every day. The hotel provides a modern and clean room with all required amenities.

Everyone below me seems to have made a comment on the services, location and their review of the stay, however i want to put in a personal review about the staff.

In my time, I have stayed at multiple hotels. However, this was an experience i shall never forget, I was genuinely sad saying good bye to all of your hotel staff on my departure. They all made a conscious effort to add a personalised touch to our stay. For instance, nothing was a problem with your manager and your training assistant manager. They went to the extent of drying our wet shoes as we could not seem to get them dry in our rooms. The lady who managed the breakfast buffet always personally greeted us and remembered not only our names but our personal taste. The chef noted that my mother was a vegetarian and ensured to have a different vegetarian item ready every morning to her liking. The bartender and the wait staff at Halo not only had a great humour and added a warm vibe to the bar, but accommodated to all personal drinks, even helped to plan our trip around Singapore and Sentosa Island. To be quite frank, i don't believe that this short review gives justice to the staff at Wangz. The are simply, EXCEPTIONAL! You are not just another number/guest to accommodate in the hotel, nor act like this is just their 'job'. You are an individual who is made to feel 'VIP'.

On a side note, my only qualm with your hotel is that you do not have a swimming pool. Singapore is on the equator and the heat it quite intense. Im sure that a majority of your guests have come from overseas to have a relaxing holiday, and nothing is more relaxing than a drink by the swimming pool (well for most at least). So please find a way to put in a swimming pool. It was slight damper on the overall experience.

Going back to my original review. Be sure to keep ALL your staff. They are the definition of 'An asset to the company'. I couldn't rave higher of them.

Room Tip: Its only $40 per night to upgrade to the premium suites. Not much at all. We were in the standard ro...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear B R,

Thank you very much for such a raving review. Words cannot express how proud and encouraged the Management and staff are with your wonderful feedback.

We are truly grateful to you for recognising the team’s effort in delivering a memorable experience and honoured to have served you and your family during your weeklong vacation in Singapore.

Unfortunately, we are unable to construct a swimming pool in the hotel premise due to governmental restrictions. However, for your consideration, we do offer an outdoor pool at our sister property, THE FOREST BY WANGZ, should you plan a return visit to Singapore.

All of us in the WANGZ family look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

After a thrilling, but exhausting trip around Japan, my wife and I stopped over in Singapore for a few days rest and relaxation in Mid April. I must admit I am usually cautious with hotel bookings and stick to the regular tourist locales, however the Wangz exceeded our expectations in all ways. The room on the 6th floor (603) was fantastic, no traffic noise to keep us awake, the bed super comfortable, bathroom luxurious, loved the rain shower and soaker bath - after 3 weeks of pocket sized hotel rooms, cramped bathrooms and tatami mats it was a welcome break.

Staff were super helpful, nothing was too much trouble. From the welcoming cool drink on check-in, to the helpful hints and tips to make the most of our stay, the fantastic breakfast buffet with good coffee and great eggs and not to forget the complimentary water, cool drinks and wifi the Wangz is definately on our go-back list for hotels in Singapore.

Room Tip: Request a high floor.
2  Thank martyjm
WANGZhotel231, Public Relations Manager at Wangz Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear martyjm,

Thank you for submitting this positive review. We are delighted to have exceeded your expectations in all ways and appreciate the many compliments you have for the hotel.

All of us at WANGZ Hotel look forward to your return in the very near future.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights prior to going on a cruise. We couldn't have had a better start! Very friendly and helpful staff, well equipped clean and comfortable room and pleasant breakfast. Highly recommended.

1  Thank reynards

Dear reynards,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during the short layover before your cruise trip. We are glad to have provided you with a good start and trust you had a wonderful experience onboard the ship as well.

Please visit us again should your travels bring you back to Singapore.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I booked our stay in Wangz after reading the reviews on TA. The check In was quite quick and efficient. The room was a decent size and bathroom was a good size too. The hotel also provides complimentary soft drinks and water which are supplied daily. The bed was very comfortable and we had a selection of pillows.

As I was traveling with kids, my girls had a triple room. It was a double with an additional bed. After the additional bed was put in, the room had no space, the suitcases had to be placed near the bed. As we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, it was ok.

Breakfast was adequate with a local and international varieties available.

Wangz is abit out of the way. Not in the middle of town. There is a shuttle service to the nearest MRT station( Outram Park), marina Bay and Orchard Road.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and would visit again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Safari_njema40

Dear Safari_njema40,

Thank you taking time to write this review. I am happy to know you had a pleasant overall accommodation experience at the hotel.

It has been a joy serving you and your family, and all of us at WANGZ Hotel look forward to welcoming you back very soon.