“Good boutique hotel with very nice people”

klapsons, The Boutique Hotel
Ranked #183 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Good boutique hotel with very nice people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

The great thing about Klapsons, is obviously its staff, who were very helpful and with the right mindset required in hospitality industry. The room was spacious and well designed. I have enjoyed breakfast every morning at Sleeping Rhino. Just before checkout, I asked front desk with number of requests, like confirming my flight, calling a cab, query about my laptop battery to Dell Singapore, rearranging my luggage based on information what can be taken on board etc. They helped me out on every request and I was very happy about it. I found one minor snag, i.e. the taxi cab guys hardly know/recognize this hotel. Nevertheless, I had a nice stay at Klapsons.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. I have shared your compliments with our hotel team & all of us at klapsons wanted to express how gratifying it was to receive your kind note of support & encouragement. Once again, thank you for choosing klapsons & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My first time staying in a Boutique hotel. Found the experience amusing at best.

Rooms were clean and “roomy.” Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very impressed with them. My office was walking distance, so worked really well for me.

Operating everything through switches was funny. I found the option to choose diff colours in the overhead shower lights very amusing. But having the water outlet only under the wash basin (not in the shower stand) was slightly perturbing. That got the entire bathroom filled with water. Very weird plumbing design.

Free breakfast was functional with limited options but staff was very friendly and polite.

For the price range, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Thank you very much for your valuable comments. All of us at klapsons are extremely happy we made your stay a memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

It was my first time staying at Klapsons. I have stayed in a lot of Boutique Hotels in Singapore and I have to say that Klapsons take my breath away. The Executive room (the lowest catogry of room) was very spacious compare to other Boutique hotels. The see through shower was very unique. My boyfriend and I love it. The ladies at the reception were very helpful and friendly. They will go out of the way just to make sure we have a wondrful stay. My boyfriend and I were quite upset with some people that complained all the time with every little bit of a problem.I think they just not happy with themselves. I will definately introduce this place to all my friends. Klapsons will be my no.1 choice whenever i wanted to release my stress.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Thank you very much for your compliments. I have shared your kind words with our hotel team & all of us at klapsons are grateful to receive your lovely note of support & encouragement. Once again, thank you for choosing klapsons & we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

the property is no doubt trying very hard to be trendy and hip, but it appears they've overlooked the basics. On check-in we found our bedsheets to be stained and had to call for replacements. Not a good way to make a first impression, and frankly quite a turn-off.

location-wise, the hotel is in the heart of the CBD, which is good for business travelers but not so much for leisure visitors. also be warned that rooms facing the main road will get very noisy during morning rush-hour traffic. the rooms were functional, but aren't anywhere as nice as they appear on the site. overall the whole experience was a disappointment- we really wanted this place to be good but they just couldn't deliver.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we work hard to offer good and friendly service & we will continue to work harder to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If you’d like to contact me directly, I am most glad to receive your call. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

The style of the property was very modern. The room we had (302) had a separate bathroom and toilet. Both had natural stone laid on the floors and both were very badly stained. The same stone was used on the walls in both rooms and they were also stained, though not to the degree of the floors. The bathroom was generally not clean with glass requiring cleaning. There was unsitely corrosion on the metal shower screen door.

Likewise the carpet in the room was dirty and the blue walls adjacent to the toilet required repainting.

It seems materials were selected for their trendiness rather than for practically in a commercial environment.

There was quite a large balcony but did not look very appealing at is was screened off from adjacent buildings (I guess).

We were there on a Saturday and their restaurant was closed at lunch time. I can see why as the hotel is located in the CBD.

We did however have good night's rest.

1 Thank Happytraveller2211
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we're always listening & I have shared your comments with the housekeeping & maintenance team so we can make your future stay with us a more memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

I love the complimentary mini bar. The breakfast was nothing to rave about though decent. I must say we were quite late about 10:25am, when we reached the restaurant for breakfast, the waitress was very poliet but I felt the pressure to finish our food fast and leave cos there was a guy who kept peering out of the kitchen asking if there were any other diners, its getting late... The room we stayed also has ant problem. So overall was not as good as I've hope it would be.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
Thank you for your kind feedback. At klapsons, we work hard to offer good and friendly service & we will continue to work harder to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. I will personally follow up on the areas that we could further improve on. If you’d like to contact me directly, I am most glad to receive your call. Once again, thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Klapsons Suite for 1 night.

The ladies at the counter were very polite and professional. One staff was also willing to give up her personal phone charger for me (i declined but her action is commendable).

The room was nice with an amazing bathroom - double sinks, shower & bathtub. the king-sized bed was very comfortable and clean. I loved the jacuzzi very much.

Morning breakfast was simple yet somewhat yummy.

Something to take note of:
The hotels restaurant ("the sleeping rhino") and roof-top bar is not opened on Sundays.I must have missed some info on the website that might have stated that. kinda sad that there was no food, had to pop by the mall for food..not quite what i had in mind.

some of the channels on the TV, which they mentioned they had, were not available at all..
not a big thing to me but management might want to look into that.

Should you be interested in the Klapsons Suite, get the one on the 2nd Floor, i hear it has a larger room.

Overall, we had an amazing stay - though i must admit, i expected a lot more.

Cheers

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you very much for having your staycation with us. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have noted your kind feedback on the choices of TV channels & will further improve ourselves to meet your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.