“Slightly Quirky, staff were excellent”

klapsons, The Boutique Hotel
Ranked #194 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was in Singapore on business. I arrived very early one morning and was well accommodated. The staff at all times were excellent. The hotel itself, as described, is quirky. The shower in Rm210 feels exposed to outdoors... it isn't, but it felt that way. Rooms v clean and spacious. I would stay again which is probably the most important thing anyone needs to know.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. It is extremely encouraging when guests acknowledge the good work of our team & that we made your stay a memorable one. All of us at klapsons are glad you enjoyed your stay with us & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for klapsons, The Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 1 August 2013

booked suite for our 1st anniversary on 30th Jun in this hotel. Had done some homework checking up before booking and know what was the goods and the bads.

Here are my points to note.

The suite have 1 bathtub(open concept) and 1 standing shower(glass panels) seperated from each other with 2 basins in between. The sitting toilet is at least 3 adults steps away(if you are bathing and had feelings of pooping), you gonna walk in front of the tv to the toilet which is not connected.

Outdoor Jacuzzi pool : nice night atmosphere with dimmed lights. The bad part is there are too many high rise commercial buildings besides. So, in the day, not recommended to go fully naked into the jacuzzi.

Room is more spacious comparing to some other hotel suites (i find the layout is neater in this hotel)

Recommended for couples
Recommended for weekend stays (commercial district plays a big difference on weekday if you prefer less crowd for dining in that area)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you very much for the positive comments. We are glad you celebrated your anniversary with us & that we made your stay a memorable one. From all of us at klapsons, we wish you Happy 1st Anniversary & look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

The great thing about Klapsons, is obviously its staff, who were very helpful and with the right mindset required in hospitality industry. The room was spacious and well designed. I have enjoyed breakfast every morning at Sleeping Rhino. Just before checkout, I asked front desk with number of requests, like confirming my flight, calling a cab, query about my laptop battery to Dell Singapore, rearranging my luggage based on information what can be taken on board etc. They helped me out on every request and I was very happy about it. I found one minor snag, i.e. the taxi cab guys hardly know/recognize this hotel. Nevertheless, I had a nice stay at Klapsons.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words. I have shared your compliments with our hotel team & all of us at klapsons wanted to express how gratifying it was to receive your kind note of support & encouragement. Once again, thank you for choosing klapsons & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My first time staying in a Boutique hotel. Found the experience amusing at best.

Rooms were clean and “roomy.” Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very impressed with them. My office was walking distance, so worked really well for me.

Operating everything through switches was funny. I found the option to choose diff colours in the overhead shower lights very amusing. But having the water outlet only under the wash basin (not in the shower stand) was slightly perturbing. That got the entire bathroom filled with water. Very weird plumbing design.

Free breakfast was functional with limited options but staff was very friendly and polite.

For the price range, I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Thank you very much for your valuable comments. All of us at klapsons are extremely happy we made your stay a memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

It was my first time staying at Klapsons. I have stayed in a lot of Boutique Hotels in Singapore and I have to say that Klapsons take my breath away. The Executive room (the lowest catogry of room) was very spacious compare to other Boutique hotels. The see through shower was very unique. My boyfriend and I love it. The ladies at the reception were very helpful and friendly. They will go out of the way just to make sure we have a wondrful stay. My boyfriend and I were quite upset with some people that complained all the time with every little bit of a problem.I think they just not happy with themselves. I will definately introduce this place to all my friends. Klapsons will be my no.1 choice whenever i wanted to release my stress.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Thank you very much for your compliments. I have shared your kind words with our hotel team & all of us at klapsons are grateful to receive your lovely note of support & encouragement. Once again, thank you for choosing klapsons & we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

the property is no doubt trying very hard to be trendy and hip, but it appears they've overlooked the basics. On check-in we found our bedsheets to be stained and had to call for replacements. Not a good way to make a first impression, and frankly quite a turn-off.

location-wise, the hotel is in the heart of the CBD, which is good for business travelers but not so much for leisure visitors. also be warned that rooms facing the main road will get very noisy during morning rush-hour traffic. the rooms were functional, but aren't anywhere as nice as they appear on the site. overall the whole experience was a disappointment- we really wanted this place to be good but they just couldn't deliver.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we work hard to offer good and friendly service & we will continue to work harder to meet your expectations. I hope you will give us another chance in the future. If you’d like to contact me directly, I am most glad to receive your call. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The style of the property was very modern. The room we had (302) had a separate bathroom and toilet. Both had natural stone laid on the floors and both were very badly stained. The same stone was used on the walls in both rooms and they were also stained, though not to the degree of the floors. The bathroom was generally not clean with glass requiring cleaning. There was unsitely corrosion on the metal shower screen door.

Likewise the carpet in the room was dirty and the blue walls adjacent to the toilet required repainting.

It seems materials were selected for their trendiness rather than for practically in a commercial environment.

There was quite a large balcony but did not look very appealing at is was screened off from adjacent buildings (I guess).

We were there on a Saturday and their restaurant was closed at lunch time. I can see why as the hotel is located in the CBD.

We did however have good night's rest.

1  Thank Happytraveller2211
klapsons_Gilbert, Manager at klapsons, The Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. At klapsons, we're always listening & I have shared your comments with the housekeeping & maintenance team so we can make your future stay with us a more memorable one. Once again, thank you for staying with us & we hope to see you again soon.