“Friendly staff and clean beds”
Review of Drop Inn Singapore

Drop Inn Singapore
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I booked this inn for my friends from Thailand and was very pleased with staff who went out of their way to coordinate the rooms (to ensure that the family of 10 would be in the same floor) and oriented them after a delayed flight.

When I went to pay a deposit and suss out the place, i was impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and beds. The entrance was slightly cramped, but that was to accommodate a kitchen that serves free daily breakfast for the guests. Yes, free breakfast!

In the end, my friends were in awe of the staff, rooms and added convenience of the inn's location. The staff even changed bunk beds to queen sized beds (bed frame and all) at the guests' request for the kids' safety.

Something to note though, the inn is only open for tourists and non-locals.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 February 2014

It wasn't my first time to go to Singapore, The first one was way back from 2008 when i Visited the Shinnyo En Temple for the training and get my Daijo Eza status. It was a very short visit that lasted only one whole day, that i needed to go back to Manila the next day because of work. Although i said to myself that I'll be back someday, so there comes the chance of going back last December 23 and will be staying for 3 days, i still don't have a place to stay in when i get there. A friend of mine (singaporean) told me to stay at Drop Inn Singapore. at first i told myself, yeah it's cheap and i have no choice but to go there. But to my surprise, the service and hostility is far more i can't imagine, they're very hospitable and kind. it's like you find yourself not just host but a friend as well... it was like a family. I will never forget my stay there in drop inn singapore, as a matter of fact ill be back there on May 3 from KL Malaysia to SG then back to KL on May 6 then back to Manila. They're the best!!! Thanks Drop Inn Singapore.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I love this place..very clean ,friendly staff and most of all i feel so safe staying here..will definitely come back for my next visit in singapore..thankyousomuch drop inn..see you in not too distant future

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Dear Drop Inn.
We enjoyed your friendly staff and the clean room. However the bathroom next to the "Marina Bay Room" is really lacking. There is no sink for washing your hands and brushing your teeth which is really important for hygiene. The water pressure is not very good and the tiles are very slippery. The bathroom door is also very heavy and therefore when it is closed makes a really load noise which woke us up more than once in the night.
The Breakfast was very basic and if you added some fruit I think you would impress people.

Room Tip: The Marina bay room is at the back of the building so it has minimal street noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DropInnSingapore, Manager at Drop Inn Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you for your average review. Though we didn't see much of you during our operation hours, and you were out at most time. We noted the missing wash basins and we are working on it, as you know Singapore is a first world country and to add toilets and add rooms all require lots of compliance and proper approval by different government bodies, we cannot add things as we like.
In Singapore culture , we just don't practice hygiene by brushing teeth on wash basins, we shower 2 times a day complete in brushing, scrubbing and soaping :) So we do know what is proper hygiene. About heavy doors, as you know I would like to remind you about compliance and safety issues, it is a fire rated door, and it doesn't make loud banging as the door is approved with a proper door closure.

We prioritize comfort and safety for our guests and not just to provide beds and water. We have a numbers of Europeans travelers who walks in and loves our place but wouldn't trade for the price we quoted because they would rather prefer somewhere basics and army style bunk layout.

We do have options for you to add your breakfast with egg, cheese and more, you just have to ask and top up like the Mc Donalds top up meal.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I book a room for my families while they were on holiday in Singapore last year (2013), it turned out to be the best decision i made to book them at the drop inn, Mr. Mustapah as the owner and also the person in charge, along with his lovely wife, were very helpful in providing my families the best services, even though i was not able to be with them but i know for sure they were in good hand....

hope you will always provide us the best services!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mohamad Rizki S
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

we stay 3 nite in here , so enjoy stay here .. room so clean , my baby got his own bed too .. breakfast served by uncle ( tea milk so nice ) , food court near so many ( must try Ayam penyet Nuraini ) .. huda and mustafa so friendly ( thx for your hospitalty guy"s ) ^_^ .. very recommend for Indonesia people .. don"t worry huda speak indo so well .. lol

Stayed: January 2014
DropInnSingapore, Manager at Drop Inn Singapore, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Thank you Djoko for taking the time to write an excellent review about Drop Inn Singapore and enjoying your stay with us! We are glad you are all home good and Thank you for being such a lovely guests too! Till we meet again and hope for good news this July :) Best wishes to you and family!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Traveled to SG with my 9 year old daughter, was very happy to find a nice, clean, room in the city that suited our budget. My daughter and I stayed in a triple sharing room for 2 nights (had the whole room to ourselves) and was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable the place was. My daughter particularly enjoyed the bunk bed and we slept very well on both nights. Will definitely stay there again. Thanks Huda and Mustafa!

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you elyse for rating Drop Inn Singapore excellent and we are glad your daughter enjoyed the comfy bed too! Thank you for spending some time writing us this review and we wish you the best to your new beginnings, may it lasts to sweet heaven!