“Long wait, great food”

Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
“Long wait, great food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We waited over an hour for a table on a Friday night, so I would recommend going another night with a group greater than 2 people, or going on Friday night as a couple. They did allow us to order beers while we waited, which made a big difference.

I had never eaten true Ramen, so this was exciting. If you are suspicious of new foods, maybe don't get the egg. Stick with the pork belly option for the noodle bowls. I Had thre Kamara special. It was quite yummy, with a thick and spicy broth. We also had Gyoza and wanted about 10 more orders. My husband got a beef steak in Japone sauce, which was a delicious tiny portion. My soup was $26, but there are options around $18. I think the Gyoza was $6 or $8. The beer was pretty cheap as well, with $6 options. Reasonably priced, great food. Definitely worth a visit in Singapore.

Oh, it might be tough to find. It is up a number of escalators past other restaurants in the Mandarin Gallery area.

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Irvine, California
“good ramen”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

this place is really popular.
The ramen is nice. I wish they have more variety, like Tsukemen, and Tokyo style ramen.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Ramen to go”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Heard of this restaurant that serve 'so-called great' ramen from my family when they were in Singapore. I decided to try it out since my family members give rave review. Were told that we must go early or else the queue will be long. This was true as when we each the restaurant, there was already a long queue building up. We waited nearly an hour for our seat. I order the black ramen with extra noodles and some beef cubes. You can feel the beef cubes melting in your mouth. Both beef cubes and ramen were really good especially the beef cubes. Go for the spicy ramen if you like hot stuff. The price is slightly on the high side but with such great food, you will pay for it anyhow but maybe you wont visit often. I think the management need to re-look into how to capture the customers by ensuring that they dont wait too long for a seat. I nearly give up waiting and proceed to nearby restaurant but were persuaded to wait and try the food. Overall it was a great experience but if you were to ask whether I would want to go there again, I will think twice unless they can reduce the waiting time

• Visited April 2014
Lugano, Switzerland
“Great choice”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

If you like Ramen, you must try Ippudo. It can get really busy, but tables rotate really fast. It's inside the Mandarin Gallery shopping mall, which unfortunately is one of the worst in Singapore's Orchard Road. Food at Ippudo is great, try all types of Ramen, and accompany them with pork / chicken buns, delicious. Price is the only downturn, as you can easily spend 50 SGD per person.

• Visited May 2014
“Good, but...”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

It's good... Certainly one of the better ones around... But not better than in Fukuoka.. And more importantly, a bowl or ramen ('special' or not), with small plate of gyoza and a Coke, should not cost almost S$50!

It was 'good' but am giving an 'average' because of the price factor...

Visited May 2014