“Long wait, nice but expensive”
Review of Ippudo Singapore

Ippudo Singapore
Ranked #518 of 11,067 Restaurants in Singapore
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Been trying out new restaurants lately being Jun holidays

Be prepared to wait, we waited 30mins

What is special about this restaurant is that you decide the texture of your ramen which is good esp some ramen can be too soggy or too hard for me.
We ordered
1)Pork Bun
2)Miso Gyoza
3)Akamaru Kakuni
4)Shiromaru Chashu
5)Shiromaru Kakun

1 & 2 portion quite miserable portion for the price
3,4,5 unique n soup was thick and nice

Overall, price is on the higher side but then I do not see any Jap chef in the restuarant at all
It was noisy and I don't really like the dining experience

There are newer reviews for Ippudo Singapore

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good ramen but not the best for me. Because their soup is not thick like in tokyo. Not enough spicy / hot for me.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Waited 20 minutes for food after ordering and when asked they said our order wasn't processed and asked us to reorder. Really bad service from a bowl cut hair waitress who had some attitude problem who didn't process our order. They Gave a 10 percent discount voucher but they really need to replace the waitress with the weird attitude. Their service and food quality has really dropped since the first time they opened. Maybe since the Japanese chefs have already gone.

4  Thank deflair
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

We waited over an hour for a table on a Friday night, so I would recommend going another night with a group greater than 2 people, or going on Friday night as a couple. They did allow us to order beers while we waited, which made a big difference.

I had never eaten true Ramen, so this was exciting. If you are suspicious of new foods, maybe don't get the egg. Stick with the pork belly option for the noodle bowls. I Had thre Kamara special. It was quite yummy, with a thick and spicy broth. We also had Gyoza and wanted about 10 more orders. My husband got a beef steak in Japone sauce, which was a delicious tiny portion. My soup was $26, but there are options around $18. I think the Gyoza was $6 or $8. The beer was pretty cheap as well, with $6 options. Reasonably priced, great food. Definitely worth a visit in Singapore.

Oh, it might be tough to find. It is up a number of escalators past other restaurants in the Mandarin Gallery area.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

this place is really popular.
The ramen is nice. I wish they have more variety, like Tsukemen, and Tokyo style ramen.