“Very nice ramen”

Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Hermosa Beach, California
“Very nice ramen”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

As an expat staying in Singapore for almost four years, I would by no means say I am an expert when it comes to reviewing and critiquing Asian food. However, for someone who has taken ramen only a few times during my stay in Asia, I would have to label the food at this place as pretty good. I really like the pork and egg and the soup was spicy. I just wish I would have tried this place earlier. The queue was long but moved along nicely and the service was good especially considering the restaurant was jammed. If I ever have the opportunity to try this place or one similar to it I would not hesitate.

• Visited January 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
“Overrated for average ramen.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

The ramen is overrated and the service is terrible. I went to the branch at West Gate and the queue is terrible. The service is terrible, they always trying to chase the customers off by clearing away the food even when people are still trying to finish the food. They are stingy with their ice water, and they can't even spare you hot water for the tea pot. The ramen is just average, the soup is salty. The pork is good but on the whole, the pricing is not competitive.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JamesOngSg
Singapore
“Queued up for long, but worth it.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

If you have spoken to your friends in Tokyo, they would be surprised you know Ippudo (which is also famous in Japan!)
We stayed at Mandarin Hotel, and was doing getting our company websites up with staff from Chenrong.sg at Chatterbox for lunch, when we came across this restaurant. A little pricey, but the noodles are specially made. We shared tables with everyone, which is a different experience. Slurp your noodles to make it extra Japanese and delicious!

Visited September 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Long wait, nice but expensive”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Been trying out new restaurants lately being Jun holidays

Be prepared to wait, we waited 30mins

What is special about this restaurant is that you decide the texture of your ramen which is good esp some ramen can be too soggy or too hard for me.
We ordered
1)Pork Bun
2)Miso Gyoza
3)Akamaru Kakuni
4)Shiromaru Chashu
5)Shiromaru Kakun

1 & 2 portion quite miserable portion for the price
3,4,5 unique n soup was thick and nice

Overall, price is on the higher side but then I do not see any Jap chef in the restuarant at all
It was noisy and I don't really like the dining experience

• Visited June 2014
Bogor
“Ok ramen”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Good ramen but not the best for me. Because their soup is not thick like in tokyo. Not enough spicy / hot for me.

• Visited May 2014