“Perfect for cheep budget !!”
Review of Wow Hostels

Wow Hostels
Ranked #257 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We stayed there for 3 days and it was good enough.
Clean beds, clean room and clean shower and toilet. Moreover, there is Wifi !
And the best: near a metro station, so very convenient.

So if you are a traveler who just go there for sleeping, it's perfect!
Otherwise, you won't have a special animation, or luxurious comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank solene34_riou
There are newer reviews for Wow Hostels

Reviewed 11 August 2013

stayed here for 2 nights as it was one of the cheapest in Singapore and wasn't sure what to expect. The location is right next to mrt which is very handy and although its in the red light district this wasn't a problem. no one ever bothered us and we felt safe at night. The rooms were small but its ok to put your head down each night. The rest of the hostel is the same really, overcrowded making it very cramped. There is only one toaster which is annoying when there are 30 people all wanting to use it. Our dorm was right next to the tele so got loud from that and from people talking. did have to ask them to turn it down when people were still watching it in the early hours of the morning. Overall its ok for a budget place to stay, no thrills but you get a bed in an ok location.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stevethornton88
Reviewed 25 June 2013

At $40 a night for a teeny tiny private room (bunk beds with barely enough space to maneuver), it's really expensive for what it is.. should be $15/night then we'd be find with it.

Nothing wrong with the place really.. just a nothing place in a nothing area.

PROS
-right next to the Aljunied metro (closer if you're at the private room building)
-big communal fridge / freezer
-good AC
-fairly secure building (except when they leave the gate to the stairwell in the bathroom open)
-clean sheets
-fairly comfortable beds (no bed bugs)
-small desk
-our room had 2 big windows (can be a con though as they get hot and we didn't have curtains.. just a thin sheet on one)
-clean bathrooms
-common areas cleaned daily
-near cheap restaurants and mini marts

CONS
-TINY rooms
-communal bathrooms
-only shared fridge
-no curtains in room (just a thin sheet on one window, which you could see through from outside)
-bunk beds too small for a couple to sleep together (they had one double bed room but it was even smaller and with no window at all.. and right next to the bathroom)
-no kitchen in the private room building (have to go to the dorm building around the block)
-LAME breakfast (plain toast, butter, jam and dry, stale cereal .. no milk provided)
-weird Indian looking guy (middle aged man) apparently living in the dorm building.. stares at girls.. made a kissy face at me even though I was sitting with my boyfriend. Very uncomfortable.. glad I didn't spend much time in that building
-no housekeeping / no free water (not a huge deal)
-they try to keep your passport (common in Asia.. ask them to take a photocopy instead)
-have to pay for towels.. luckily, we had our own travel towels
-they take a $30 deposit for the key (we had no problems getting it back.. just felt kinda sketch as we've never been asked that before and we've been traveling 4 months)
-SUPER THIN walls (our room had a shared window with another room... thin partition between the two, shoddily cut by some DIY process.. luckily, nobody was in that room)
-one window didn't lock (the shared window)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JALD83
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed here for 7D&6N at 1st we didn't know that the place was in the red light district area we just heard it. If your looking for a budget saving place this is the place to be. There are other hostel which is way cheaper than here but compared to location and sleep quality this is quite better. They got small room, small dinning area and lobby area. Breakfast is always the same. Staff is not always available, they only come to the hostel around 10 am and leave before 6-7 pm.So If you arrived in the evening you will just be staying in the lobby area and wait until morning you get your room keys from their staff. The good this about this hostel is its near the Aljunied station. This hostel is just ideal for sleeping and storing your luggage. This hostel is ok for me for we do not stay here all the time we just sleep here and take a bath. Of course for a budget saving place don't expect luxurious amenities,food and what so ever. This place is just ok.

4  Thank Jho D
Reviewed 18 December 2012

only 2 good things about this place, it's just next to the train station and cheap food around the area. Otherwise the service is bad because they don't have a reception if you need anything, sleazy area. If you don't mind all that, it's a good place for a few days.

3  Thank SarinahA
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Hi, I just finish my three day and 2 night trip from singapore. We travel in grups as 8 person,
So long story short, I arrive at friday midnight, we from airport take a cab directly to WOW HOSTEL. So after first night, my whole body which two legs & two arm, neck area and part around stomach was bite very severely with bed bugs!! It's like almost 100 bitesll over my body!
Actually i still have a doubt, and because the bite marks was very itchy, so I go to nearest clinic.
The doctor confirm me it's a bed bug!!!
Note to owner, please keep your hostel free from bed bugs!
It's just turn my holiday become nightmare!

8  Thank Dyzal
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The first time I heard that we'll stay there 3 nights, I am worried because Wow is in a red light area. So, I think, it is so dangerous. :) However, I had 3 nights in the Wow to save the money as it is on the Green line- EW line to the airport and downtown. If you go far from the station, it is a bit little of danger. When you stay in Wow, there is no reception, there is no service except internet with 2 computers and 1 massage chair- a good choice as you walk all day. :) I love the chair and use it 30 mins to have a good sleep. You can save money when use a room with 7 others, in addition, you have a free breakfirst with bread, preserved fruit,... I'll plan to back Sing and stay at Wow in 2013 with 10 members in my family, :D

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends