“modern but small room, great location”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #287 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed in studio M for 3 nights between 19/11 to 22/11.
Good and cool design. Chic and modern (in dark brown and white color)
Love it so much. but the room getting a little bit old, need more "touch up"
Great location. Walking distance to chinatown and clarke quay. (around 10 mins walk)

Bedroom upstair, living room, bathroom and toilet downstair.
As stated in other reviews, toilet and bathroom are tiny but acceptable.
However, there is no ventilation system in toilet. So better go with intimate one unless a little bit embarassed after using toilet.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I'm impressed with Studio M. I stayed at the Studio Loft category for 1 night and I loved it. The location is quite accessible to all the eating places such as cafés and bars..

The only flaw is that the bathroom and toilet are abit too small... That's is the only thing I don't like about the room.

However I'll definitely come back for a staycation, perhaps the next time I'll try the Premier Loft category.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yatylicious
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

As the header suggests, its a small room with a small living space downstairs & a flight of stairs leading up to the bedroom. The ceiling seems to recess downwards so chances of bumping your head when you wake up in the morning. The bathroom is tiny, smaller than airplane toilets! Taking a shower is challenging..

The room features double height windows with pretty good view depending which side you are facing. Overall, my stay experience was average at best. Nothing much to fault about the hotel apart from being stingy on space.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights on our way to NZ.
The staff are v friendly and gave us a free upgrade.
Rooms funky and housekeeping good. The bed in on a balcony which works well as feels more spacious,
Gym has no aircon.
Short walk to Clarke Quay and China Town (both of which have MRT Stations.
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have good views
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lauren f
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Stayed here for my business trip from Oct 13 to Oct 26.
Small but really comfy rooms. Near nice restaurants and Clarke Quay.
Everything was nice except my check in!
I was told by one of their staff that my Amex Card's credit limit was not enough! "NOT ENOUGH"
(I would still accept it if he said my card was not working? Better if he admitted that there was something wrong with their credit card facility.)
I had no choice but to call my corporate credit card provider using my own phone as he refused to let me use theirs. Then I was advised by my CC that they didn't see any transaction declined. Awesome! So I checked with another staff 10 minutes after and my payment went through smoothly. Now I'm charged a very huge amount for the 12 minute international call I made.
So what's up with that?!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

for single business people or honeymooners this is a great motel.
IF TRAVELLING WITH FAMILY OR HAVE A DISABILITY DO NOT GO THERE,
It is a studio room which means means very tight spaces and you have to climb stairs to go to bed,
If you have a waist bigger than 100 cm you will find it hard to use the shower and toilet.
The second person has to climb over the first to get out out of bed just like a caravan and I could touch the roof whilst lying in bed.
Service from all staff is great.
Be single, work hard and build relationships here, no kids.

Room Tip: Not for families
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stay there 3 nights, room is trendy modern, bed is very comfortable . Breakfast time till to 10:30am which is good for us even the food variety just acceptable. Staff is friendly . Everything is good except the location is far from MRT station Clarek Quary, it takes 15 mins walk distance which is very tired after full day outing.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple