“Overall They were fab... besides a few Hiccups!”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #120 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
Melbourne, Australia
“Overall They were fab... besides a few Hiccups!”
Reviewed 30 November 2013

The Studio M Hotel was a place I was really looking forward to experiencing. There were a few hick ups. Firstly a room I had booked several months earlier could not be found. After a day of inquiring they advised me that they had it, and apologized. A few days prior to reaching there, I called them to inquire about a couple of things including if they had wireless access. They advised me this was complementary, however then informed me they had no record of my booking. I advised them I had called a week earlier to be advised the same thing, however they found it. I had provided them booking reference numbers and they still could not find it. A day later I had to call back after being assured I was going to receive a call to confirm my booking. I never received this call so I took the initiative to call back. They confirmed that the booking agent had not sent them the details. I did not contest this, though they had my booking last week, which I thought was strange. I left it at that.

Upon arrival, I was escorted to the room to find my view was of another building. I called Reception and asked to be moved to a River view. They said this was upon availability. I informed them that this booking was made several months earlier. The next day I was moved to a room with a river, though it was not facing the river.

Also the internet happened to be down at the time I was there so for 2 days there was no access to this facility which was really disappointing especially that this is Singapore, a Technology hub for Asia, this did not demonstrate well for me. Hopefully this was only a isolated incident, but any readers of this article who may stay there can give there feedback on this.

Besides the initial hiccups, my overall stay was very pleasant, and the staff were very accommodating and courteous. It was well located for a really lovely stay in amazing Singapore. Would I stay there again, I would say “Yes”. As a word of advise to them, I would say that they need to take better care of the booking in advance, and to tell me it was the booking company’s fault does not stay pretty with me, as the hotel had my details the week earlier, so don’t spin some banter to cover it up, when I am aware of the fact the booking was already there. Some organization can save the hotel any embarrassment.

Room Tip: Ask fir a River view room, unless you plan to keep the curtains closed.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Wanted to have a staycation and always wanted to try Studio M for the unique loft design.
Knew about the small space and upon check into the room, I actually found it still acceptable in terms of space, love the high ceiling and loft design, though it may seems like a shoebox size room, but I'd stayed in smaller room before, so Studio M is actually quite ok.
The room comes with a big desk which can double up as part of the stairs to the loft around.
The bed is pretty soft, maybe too soft for my liking. And there are lots of compartments during the bedroom area, which I guess it is meant for those long stay guests. As usual, you can't find a wardrobe in such a small room, but just a place for you to hang some of your clothes.

Probably for the negative part of the room is that, the room comes with a very small toilet and small shower room, located at both sides of the main door. Do take note of your actions as I accidentally hit my elbow a couple of times in the shower room, due to the small space.

Located near Robertson Quay where you are spoilt for choice when it comes to dining. Lots of restaurants and cafes around the vicinity. And the popular Clarke Quay is just 10mins walking distance, or you can take a boat ride instead.
Overall this is a hotel mainly for business travelers who don't mind the small space, but with a tad SOHO design.

Room Tip: Request for a higher floor room
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Though for some people, this hotel is way far from the city activities, it was perfect for us. The place where it is, is quite alright with us. It was serenely calming for me, a few walk away from the riverside where I loved to go to calm my nerves. The breakfast was enough to fill the hunger pangs, there was enough variety to start the day. If someone loves the night life, this is also one good place to stay since it's very near Clarke Quay. The room, I really loved the loft style, the bed and pillows were soft and comfortable. I loved its set-up. So homey. And with bidet too. The only downside perhaps is since I am taller than most asian women, my knees wouldn't really "fit" to face the wall if I sat on the toilet bowl. I would position a little slightly sideways. The staff is attentive, warm and nice. We were also upgraded, and were checked-in earlier. There is an unli coffee at the lobby, and apples are available too. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My friends and i came by to stay at Studio M hotel in Singapore on the 23th and the 24th of November 2013 in room 425 423 and 419.

I think it was a very wonderful hotel but there could be a few improvements to the service portion of the Hotel.We came in with many different plastic bags of Food and items for entertainment and working in an hospitality industry as well, i was waiting to see if anyone would offer to help bring up all the plastic bags to room but there was noone who approached us regarding this. it would be great if this is spontanous and the bellman comes forward to ask us if we need assistance.
The check in itself was very smooth and very efficient. I do not remember her name (shu mei or something like that ) her badge wrote trainee but she was efficient in helping us to check in and the person checking us out was also very efficient as well as check in and check out both took only about 5 mins max
we ordered room service as well and have to say it was quite fast. However the in room dining person was waiting outside the door as he said he needed the tray back which was slightly weird for me as we had no place to place our food but this was rectified when we asked him if we can just take the tray for a while and was told to place it outside the room once we are done.
The room was beautiful! it was really nice to see the room and i really enjoyed the room but the toilets are really too small however.The loft setting was really very unique and other then the minor hiccups i enjoyed myself.

Brunei
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Was upgraded to premier loft and loved the loft concept in the room. Somehow it made the room not so tiny anymore with the high ceiling. Very modern yet cosy.

Bathroom n toilet is separated. Real small.

Very nice staffs.

Plain Breakfast.

Love the neat and quiet neighbourhood, first time stay in this area yet gave me much surprises. A nice change from the ever busy orchard road.

Nice pubs and wine&dine places nearby. 10min walk to the very happening clark quay pub area.

MRT is not anywhere close but shuttle bus service available daily and gets u to Paragon and Dhouby Gout mrt station. Very convenient!

Overall a big love to Studio M hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
HK
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I stayed in studio M for 3 nights between 19/11 to 22/11.
Good and cool design. Chic and modern (in dark brown and white color)
Love it so much. but the room getting a little bit old, need more "touch up"
Great location. Walking distance to chinatown and clarke quay. (around 10 mins walk)

Bedroom upstair, living room, bathroom and toilet downstair.
As stated in other reviews, toilet and bathroom are tiny but acceptable.
However, there is no ventilation system in toilet. So better go with intimate one unless a little bit embarassed after using toilet.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I'm impressed with Studio M. I stayed at the Studio Loft category for 1 night and I loved it. The location is quite accessible to all the eating places such as cafés and bars..

The only flaw is that the bathroom and toilet are abit too small... That's is the only thing I don't like about the room.

However I'll definitely come back for a staycation, perhaps the next time I'll try the Premier Loft category.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple