Studio M Hotel
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$191
US$290
US$223
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$116
US$332
Mandarin Oriental
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
2,553 results
All reviewsloft conceptrobertson quaybed upstairssplit levelsmall toiletsingapore riverbars and restaurantslong queuepleasant stayshort stayrooms are smallbuffet breakfastpublic transportmrt stationorchard roadernastaycation
Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is a 4 star, stylist design hotel but room is small. the check in & out was fast. The rooms are studio type, we stay in a premier loft room. Where the bed is on the mezzanine and the work & living space at the lower level. Inclusive complete set of room amenities. The sofa can be turned into a sofa bed!! The breakfast was on the 2nd floor, open air type, food was nice & wholesome. We stayed 1 night, Overall the stay was comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharonleeyh
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear sharonleeyh,

Thank you for staying with us and your valuable feedback.

We endeavour to provide excellent guest service in creating a memorable guest experience and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We are having the WORST staycation ever. We have never been to a hotel with service standards such as Studio M. What makes it worse is that we have been loyal guests of this hotel, coming for staycations many a times before this. But this time round is really our last! This message is for the General Manager of Studio M as we have been advised that we are not allowed to speak to you and that only the 'Management staff' will be able to bring up unpleasant incidents to the General Manager. And that 'the Management' will come back to us. ALRIGHT. Message received.

Front Office Manager, Sanjay serves up the a neatest dish of having the worst customer service, seriously! We had requested for a city view room via our booking because of our past experiences staying at the hotel. However, we were given a room that faces a whole block of other rooms, with guests being able to look right into our hotel room! Hence, our request for a room change. That was when our nightmare begun. When told that we are uncomfortable in our room, Mr. Sanjay was not able to even give us a solution, instead he brought us round the merry bush (on the phone for a good 15 mins) that all rooms are subject to availability, (at the same time, confirming that rooms with city views have been block booked by a group). So, here's our question, why then should we bother to put in a request? So repeated customers are no longer important and they that they can be taken for granted?

That doesn't end there, instead of a simple sentence of, let us check with house keeping and come back to you, Mr. Sanjay went on arguing. Best part, he said, oh, all I can assist you is with a late check-out. When we told him that a late-check out was already arranged, he said oh, at 1pm? That's our normal check out time. (WITH A SINGGER in this tone) Late check out is later. So, this is my next question, we were being led to believing that late check out is at 1pm. Is this honesty? And it continues... Mr. Sanjay says, so you asked for 1pm check out ya? Okie. sure thing. So after telling us these, he said that we asked for a 1pm check out when we were advised a 1pm checkout. Wow.

Again I asked to speak to the GM, he said, I will raise your request . And I said okie, since this is the case, I will write my request on Tripadvisor. Now hear his reply: 'It's your choice, I cannot stop you.' Okie. As a guest, I totally understand your MESSAGE.

Decided to not continue the round the merry bush conversation with him, and asked him if there's anything that can be done. Again, he didn't want to give me a reply . So I decided to end the conversation and said only if he had a solution, he could call me back.

Mr. Sanjay called me back about half an hour later saying there was a room that he could switch us. So all must be happy yeah? What we were greeted in the room was dirty fridge and corners littered with used sugar pack, dirtied walls and toilet flush that filled with visible fingerprints like it has never been wiped for a long time (to be able to capture fingerprints on photos is really pretty amazing). Best part, I even had a scratch on my finger because your hanger is broken! My husband had to fix it for your hotel! Do have a look at the photos. : )

As we wanted just a nice time to ourselves, we have decided to overlook everything. Thinking we could close the chapter, move on and forget about it. Lo and behold, another wonderful customer service experience. As I couldn't log in to the wifi. We called to ask for help. After sending a staff up who couldn't help us, she went back down saying that she will ask her IT Manager to assist us. Called back minutes later and said this, "my IT Manager said that there's nothing wrong with the network." When I asked for the IT Manager to maybe guide me, her reply, "My IT Manager is not here." Oh... so how does he find out that there no problems with the network? Now to the ultimatum, she said, "My IT Manager ask you to find someone who can help you with your computer".

'Happy' Easter Holiday to us.

Room Tip: Please do not try this hotel unless you are looking for bad customer service.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Giec5
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely comfortable stay at this hotel.The rooms are small and funky though so bare that in mind if a couple .Reception and concierge where extremely helpful quick easy check in.Great location .Clean and comfortable I really enjoyed staying here and would recommend .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear EmmaJ1985,

Thank you for taking time to share your good feedback. We are delighted to hear how the unique Studio M experience left a positive impression on you.

Your good comments will certainly be conveyed to all staff which will definitely be encouraging.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

The rooms are quite slick and modern. Small, but very comfortable.

Friendly staff. Lovely breakfast area, and the breakfast itself was quite nice too.

Right by the river so easy access to plenty of restaurants as well as the sights. We walked to most places when sightseeing without a problem.

Good value overall! Would stay again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
MHotel_Marcom_Mgr, Manager at Studio M Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Dan1113,

Thank you for staying with us and your valuable feedback.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed at Studio M hotel for 3D2N. Check in was fast but required a $100 deposit either cash or card, and it was refundable at the end of our stay which we did requested and get it back. As the hotel has a shuttle bus service which stopped at various locations, we boarded the shuttle bus at Chinatown point. The actual location is in between the taxi stand and bus stop. Timing of the bus can be found on the hotel website.

The first word that came to my mind when we reached the hotel was unique. Hotel check in counter was out of the traditional and at end of the lobby, there was a table which provided free coffee and tea. Unique indeed for the room layout. We were greeted by the bed when we entered the room. Shower and WC were separated into two different rooms. Basin was located nearer to the bed. There was a TV next to the bed. Basic amenities were provided except shaver and comb. The room make up team really needs to pay attention to every details of the room as we can tell the they are not sincere and details enough. Vanity pack was left empty with only a box display together with a half opened sewing kit when we checked thru’ them. There was 4 hangers which I could say it was not enough and 1 of them was spoiled. Moving on to the second floor where the work desk area was which we used it mostly for food and our work using our laptop. Wi-Fi signal was very good and strong. There was this sofa which I later figured out it was a sofa bed and I enjoyed my time relaxing on it a lot.

Our hotel stay came with complimentary buffet breakfast which started from 6.30am to 10.30am. The breakfast area was located at level 2 open concept restaurant. Selection of the food was variety and delicious which was enough for a day start. For the gym, it was small but sufficient for a great work out. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi were well kept too. Towels were timely supplied. The only feedback about level 2 was the toilets. It was not promptly serviced. It was a very bad impression and we were disgusted by how dirty and smelly it was. We really cannot understand how this can happen at a four star hotel in Singapore.

During our 3D stay here, we could not see much smiles from the service staffs and greeting (a simple Morning) was lacking.

The location for the Hotel is located in between Orchard Road and Chinatown, along Singapore River. It will take 10min to walk to Liang Court Shopping Mall and 20-25min walk to the nearest Clark Quay MRT. There are many eateries and pubs around the area as Muhammad Sultan and Clark Quay are two main spots for clubber. There is bus service no. 195 or 32 which are going to City Hall and Bugis, and it can be taken from the bus stop opp. Liang Court. If not, we will recommend using the Hotel shuttle bus services which operate once every hourly or take a taxi as Singapore taxis run on meter.

On the whole, my husband and I did enjoy our stay at this unique hotel. I must say the hotel was clean and cosy except that they will need some minor maintenance and improvement on the attentiveness and service of the hotel staffs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear hapiecutiepig,

We appreciate your feedback efforts which have enabled us to refocus our efforts to make the necessary improvements. We would like to assure that we continue to strive to meet the expectations of our guests at all times and appreciate your kind understanding where we may have fallen short. Thank you.