“Overnight Stay in Unique Hotel”
Review of Studio M Hotel

Studio M Hotel
Ranked #120 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
“Overnight Stay in Unique Hotel”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel, and the general area, were recommended to me by a colleague. It's a little bit of a walk to Clarke Quay but certainly within walking distance. The first thing that struck me about this hotel is that I think it's aimed at a younger, more savvy, audience. You sign on a tablet, not paper. The lifts are fast and the wifi is also fast. Everything in the room is compact, yet easily accessible and it's set up so you can work or relax all in the same area. It's a truly unique hotel in my experience and would recommend staying there. The staff are very friendly - even at 5am.

Room Tip: The loft room is great and a unique experience, but don't try and climb the stairs after a night...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed in Studio M hotel for the first time just for one night stay in the weekend. Overall, I would say the experience is below average compared to other local hotels I had stayed before in local or overseas. For a price of >S$200, please stay somewhere else.

CHECK-IN: The first walked in to the reception counter or area is small. There is a queue for you for check-in and check-out with no signal and no-one to inform you at all once you entered. This is a very silly mistake. For such a prestige brand of Millennium & Copthorne hotel lines, I really feel this should not happened in the first place. Some officers at the counter do have smile for you, so that's fine.

I am glad that they gave me an upgrade to Executive room after I showed them my member card and voucher. I do appreciate that but I regretted to use my free upgrade voucher at Studio M hotel.

Please double check on your booking details and printed out what you are entitled to. Reason - I was told that my package do not have breakfast included by reception staff during check in. The staff explained to me with confident about that. Well, he took away my confirmation booking earlier and I really believe him. After check out, I saw my reservation email and there written clearly "Rate inclusive of breakfast up to two persons". Bingo.. no breakfast for me and I had already checked out.

ROOM DESIGN AND DETAILS : Executive Room has the bed on top level, and a longer work desk at the lower lever and a soft (which can convert to a bed). Executive Room do not have much difference with the rest (bottom level), except longer work desk and 2 TVs in a room (the rest is 1 TV). Very modern (who don't love the loft design?) Lightings - For sleeping, yes. At work desk, I think not ideal as the lamp appeared too huge hanging down from ceiling. Anyway, it is faulty in my room. Shower Room - is extremely small (either same or smaller size than public swimming pool toilet) and the door could not even closed. The cap of the handle has also dropped off. Toilet - door faulty too (you has used much force to totally closed it). There is a safe and small fridge (no mini bar drinks inside just for your information). Many drawers in the room to keep your stuff. Sound proof for this room - well i would say bad. I could hear someone calling housekeeping from room-to-room in the morning and people walking on the upper level.

LOCATION - Good, nearby many restaurants and cafes. Convenience.

CHECK OUT - PLEASE TAKE NOTE for all guests. If you have no choice to stay in this hotel, please please check your bill toughly before you leave the hotel. I read from other reviews here of being overcharged, and did not expect myself to experience too. Yes, I was charged for S$15 more, which luckily I checked after I leave. I did call up the hotel and they only tell me they credit back to my credit card. YES, THEY DID NOT SAY "SORRY" or feel bad about it (same as the previous reviews).

Customer Service and Management - Very poor. Please do not expect excellent customer service here. If you are staying one night stay only, I rather you go somewhere cheaper rather than paying expensive rate and not up to standard.

Room Tip: Take the cheapest room will do. The difference between Premier Loft and Executive Loft, is Executive...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Shin23_Traveller

Travellers are raving about these Singapore hotels

Reviewed 4 July 2014

my first time ever in such concept. It is a slight hassle to climb up and down just to get a drink from the fridge or head down to the toilet though. Not recommended if you have elderly. And the Toilets are Small, so if you have a big group... yeah..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ReccaHuang
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Where do I start from :) stayed in Studio M hotel for 3 full weeks, decent hotel decent breakfast but the menu wont change at all :( we had the same routine breakfast for 3 full weeks.. sad.. but was a good spread had bits and pieces of everything, you can choose healthy once if you like so, not very healthy menu to order food to the room, and we did couple of times and it takes literally 1 hour which is not so nice, they are stores around like 7/11 for basic needs, very close to raffles place, nice walk on the river walk, lots of restaurants which, very active street during the weekends, only negative about studio m is the gym doesn't have an AC :o surprising because with this kind of weather and no AC in the gym, can you even imagine... they had fans which where ok but definitely they have to work on this bit, swimming pool is pretty decent, crowded sometimes during the weekends but otherwise well maintained.
decent place for a long stay
I would recommend for a stay at Studio M.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the top floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NivviS
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Decent value, great location at Robertson Quay, 5min walk along Singapore river to Clark Quay, 10mins to China town, Marina bay is also with-in walking distance. Clean and tidy rooms, comfortable beds, staff helpful, nice pool relaxing area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I booked a Premier Loft, the hotel was fairly alright in terms of atmosphere and outlook. However, the staff who attended to my family and I were unfriendly and failed to clear my doubts. During the check-out, I was billed wrongly and the staff did not apologise, she was very cold and kept quiet most of the time. There was a misunderstanding about the deposit and instead of clarifying the process of how the total cost of the room ($240+) would be deducted from the deposit ($450), noone said anything and simply just waited for us to fork out the money. I expected much more from the staff, as it was a birthday staycation and they did not even show a smile nor wish me a pleasant stay. Aside from the poor attitude of the staff who attended to me, I enjoyed being in the room and utilising the various amenities available like the pool. Would suggest this hotel is most suitable for a one night stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank claudben
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Studio M is very well located near the Singapore River. The rooms are pretty small, but comfortable. The staff is very professional and friendly. Free for use Macs and free WiFi are provided. Overall, Studio M is an excellent choice for those visiting Singapore.

Room Tip: I don't know which rooms are better...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family