Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
£86
Fully refundable before Thu, 14 Mar
Get rewarded with One Key
Agoda.com
£56
Fully refundable before Tue, 12 Mar
No fees just great deals
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Real simple, budget hotel for travelers out there.

Recommendable for solo traveler who does not spend much on hotel and just need a near-decent place to rest.

I doubt to recommend for couple travelers, it might be not fun for two.

Bathroom is 2 out of 5 with traces of hard-to-clean dirt.

Wi-fi is available for a cost.

Date of stay: July 2011
2  Thank GBert T
Reviewed 16 August 2011

simply cheap. 10 minutes walk to Aljunied MRT station, it is exhausted if we walk on sunny hot day, but plenty of food store nearby, the room is clean, lots of prostitute girl offer their "services" at night. but i do not feel disturbed at all. the staff was very nice. helping me printing the airline ticket. so recommended hotel for tight budget.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
7  Thank Andes132
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Had a 15 hour layover in Singapore and wanted a good nights sleep. Got cheap room rate $S50 ( approx $AUD40).

Room very small, but that didn't matter as I just wanted a bed.

Room smelt mouldy, tiles look moldy, but I don't think that is new, just old ingrained stains.

Shower worked well enough.

Got Travel power adaptor at reception, asked for it and had to ask for wi-fi password too.

Reception staff not that friendly, very matter of fact.

Mattress was vinyl - had a thin sheet (not fitted sheet) on top of it with small holes in it.

Could ignore that for the cost as Singapore is so expensive for a room.

Tend to stick to the sheet during the night due to the vinyl bed.

Aircon worked well. Room very spartan.

All in all - the smell was off putting . If you don't plan to spend much time in your room, probably ok.

Room tip: I requested and got a room away from the elevators, but that is just personal choice
Date of stay: August 2011
2  Thank imetmytruelove
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Singapore is an expensive place to stay - and when you are there, it's invariably hot! This Hotel 81 is better than those I have tried of the Hotel 81 group, better than those of the Fragrance group too.

Geylang is obviously not for those who want tidy streets, free of girls of the night - but it is a reasonable part of Singapore for one night stop-overs as its half way from airport to city centre.

This Hotel is one of the cleaner places, with cheerful and helpful staff. Small rooms but OK bedding. They kept my luggage safe after check out while I took the bus into town (nearby stop), and its not too far from the rail link to the airport - frequent trains. There is even an OK church near the Aljunied Station - both Chinese and English services!

The food stalls nearby should keep most people happy too, and if you ignore the street girls, they will not pester you.

It's a shame that for my next trip, there are no vacancies - otherwise I would have stayed there again. I have called it "avarage" overall, only because it is not "very good".

Date of stay: May 2011
4  Thank uzzul
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We check-in to this hotel for 2 nights. We saw it in the internet and thought OK, whatever it takes, we'll try. The room was reserved for twin-bed but when we check-in, it was double bed, so we walked down to Front desk to ask, why we didn't get twin-bed. They said it can be splitted but that has to be done tomorrow. So, we ended up by splitting the bed by ourselves and shared the bedsheets for that night.

The hotel provided free wifi as they mentioned but it was quite slow. The location is in Red-Light District. Many male/female prostitutes just walked by. Hard to get a taxi, unless you asked the hotel to call for you.

Room size is about 15-20 sq.m. Not too bad but the bathroom was so bad with all the molds and mildew. They could have cleaned it with some molds killer spray.

The hotel doesn't have non-smoking room or floor because you can smell the smoking everywhere.

Think I may not want to stay there ever again. For the price I paid, I'd rather pay a bit more to stay in a better place.

Room tip: If you really need to stay here, ask for room away from elevator because you can hear people on corridor.
Date of stay: July 2011