“When the service is poor the food suffers”
Review of Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie - CLOSED

Canele Patisserie Chocolaterie
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Neighbourhood: Orchard Road
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

The food is average and on the expensive side even for Orchard. The service is deplorable. We told that there was an upgrade charge for the tea. We told them we would need a minute to decide which one we wanted. The male waiter then explained that list isn't that long and it shouldn't take this long... Then we ask for some ice water and the female waiter told us it was self serve and it is over there. For this price point it is really unacceptable. In general it appear that if they can't make money off it you are on your own despite the mandatory service charge included.

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

We dropped by Paragon to quickly scan some shops and decided to have afternoon tea at Canele. They have less than 10 varieties of macarons but all of them worth every bite. Worthy 1 hour.

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

Went at lunch time and service was still great during the rush hour. We are the salmon wrap and turkey ham wrap. Well filled and tasty. Choice of salad or chips. For this we don't want too much greens then you should opt for chips as the wraps already has lettuce inside. I walked pass this place for a year and I'm pleased to have stopped in for a meal. I know I can go back again. I noticed lots of people enjoying the pasta. The waiter made good recommendation on orange with lemon. Smooth and tasty.

Reviewed 9 June 2013 via mobile

Situated in the middle of walking traffic this place is open and very nicely put. The chairs are very comfy and the service is wonderful and attentive. I ordered the spaghetti with meat sauce. It was great and a long time waited for me to get some decent spaghetti in Singapore. My hubby ordered a crepe with mushrooms and spinach. It was good to his liking. We also ordered a salad to share they were out if mixed greens and only had romaine which was not a problem for me. However they o my had balsamic or orange citrus dressing and they were both not to my liking. They had fresh juices and fantastic iced lemon tea. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely come here again.

Reviewed 22 March 2013

I love coming here, the coffee is good and so is the food, especially the eggs benedict. Though I was disappointed after cycling to Gardens on the Bay they have stopped doing food and we could only have a cake, what's that all about? Last time I was there the place was full, and as expected empty this time.