“2 bad security”

Ranked #35 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
New York City, New York
“2 bad security”
Reviewed 9 April 2011

No doubt its a Wonderful hotel with excellent venue but your security officer doesn't helpful and so arrogant. Both of them doesn't have full information and even they laugh back at you, i am so pissed off and its really spoiled my trip there.Luckily the incident happened on my last day there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anthonyreynolds

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,221)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Perth
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Oh my goodness, where do I start?? This hotel is fantastic. Everything is new and fresh, and we found the service to be brilliant. We booked 2 club rooms but were upgraded to a '2 bedroom suite'. Service in 'The Club' is second to none and the best I have ever experienced - anywhere!! Every single staff member we came in contact with, was exceptional. The quality of food on offer is unbelievable, and well worth the rate charged.

If I had to criticise anything, it would be the lobby. It is very busy and almost feels like an airport. Didn't really find this a problem as one doesn't normally spend a lot of time in the hotel lobby, and it is what you would expect in a hotel of this size!!

Don't hesitate, pay the extra for a 'club room' and book now - you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Goofy05
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Suite and The Club experience.

We are very encouraged with the recognition you have given to our service staff.

Your support is very appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
Cottesloe, Australia
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I had the great pleasure of staying for a week at this hotel. Like others I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews on this site but having now experienced the MBS for myself I can honestly say my fears were unfounded and my experience was exceptional.

Service was excellent through out from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and at least in my experience they did their utmost to assist whenever asked. My room was on the 48th floor with a view of the city which really is an amazing sight. It was large, well furnished and appointed, clean and had everything any reasonable person would expect or need.

The Club on the 57th floor is without doubt the best club facility I have experienced anywhere. Eleanor and Selim were amazing hosts. The Sky Park is a unique experience even though I have little tolerance for heights, I thought it was brilliant.

I suggest to those considering a stay at this fine hotel, please do yourself a favor and find out for yourselves how amazing this hotel is and pay little pay little or no attention to the complaints, I personally question their credibility and wonder how it is their experience is in stark contrast to the majority who have nothing but praise for the MBS. Its ironic that a recent reviewer complains about the hotel having some Chinese staff, especially when that reviewer hails from Hong Kong, which is after all in China and another appears to be a serial complainer judging by their reviews of hotels on other occasions, obviously one of those who can never be pleased. Yet another reviewer claimed to have been offered a downgrade, which really beggars belief. I decided to ignore many similar very questionable reviews and confirmed from my own experience as I suspected those reviews are nonsense.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank andymac6530
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.

The Club on the 57th floor is indeed magnificent and we are glad to hear that our Team Members, Eleanor and Selim in particular, made your experience a memorable one.

We sincerely appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 April 2011

So the hotel is new and very nice but it's not run well at all. From small things like not making restaurant reservations when they say they did (imagine showing up with a starving toddler to be told there is no reservation), to it taking over an hour to get room service and cold food being delivered, to having a confirmation for two rooms next door to each other and a baby cot to being told that that they can't do that and it taking over an hour to check in, to big problems like the lock being broken on the door to my son's room at nap time and the cleaning lady saying she reported it 3 hours before! So we had a day where we went to lunch to find we had no reservation and got back for the nap to find we were locked out of our room while my son screamed and cried for over an hour in the hallway while the staff did exactly nothing to get the lock fixed. The scene isn't even that good. It's completely dull on the roof despite having created something nicer than Shoreditch club in London. There is zero vibe and seriously no reason to stay here unless you enjoy being frustrated. Our friend from London also happened to be stayingbhere at the same time as us and they screwed up his reservation as well!

Room Tip: Shout at the front desk- worked for our friend!
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank Jwdwc
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear about all the challenges you faced during your stay with us.

We have shared your comments with our respective Head of Departments to look into improving our service and processes.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had booked a package Lion King Tickets with a suite together. Sevral weeks later I checked the booking and found out, there was no ticket confirmation. At the reservtion they told me, I have to pay extra for the tickets, as I have no package. I should pay 4.000 SGD, but there is no ticket included! I told them, it was not my mistake, but they insist of paying the ticket which is probably 300 SGD for 2 people. After many discussions they gave me an offer to downgrade my room and then the tickets are included, I cancelled my stay immediately, I was pissed off....At least 5 people handled my reservation, I didn`t get any manager or a phone call, thanks to that famous Lady called MICHELE LIM, which is not able to even apologize for a mistake...why such a hotel has chinese staff?
I will go to Mandarin Oriental instead, there we have really good staff and service!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank leisurefamily
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 6 April 2011

The decision to select this hotel in January was influenced by my curiosity regarding this impressive pool. The decision to stay in this hotel in April was made because of the pool and the good food and the outstanding service in the lounge. Especially for couples it is the ideal place to get pampered during a short trip/stay. The rooms are spacious as well as the bathroom where I appreciated the bathtub which was not tucked in a corner as usual.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank Hedonsquare
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced our outstanding service.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands and hope that you will have the chance to get pampered at the luxurious Banyan Tree Spa just below the Sands SkyPark, which will be completed in May, during your next visit.
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel just to experience the pool on the roof and the pool was great experience.
The over-all service is more like you normally find with 2-star hotels, while the price is above many 5-star hotels in Singapore. We have booked horizon delux room on top floors to enjoy the views, but when we arrived at 8pm we were offered "free upgrade" - the room on the 8th floor. After refusing to take this we were offered to wait for an hour for they to prepare our room on floor 42, they promised to call us when the room is ready, but nobody actually bothered to do this. So we filally checked in only at 11pm, the pool was already closed. Next morning we got an access to the pool; pool was great (except very slow service in the pool cafe and no tissue in the pool toilet:)).

Room Tip: Don't expect 5 stars service.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ellena27
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you were able to experience the magnificent infinity pool at the Sands SkyPark.

We are sorry to hear about the challenges you experienced during check-in and at the SkyPark. We are always looking to improve and have shared your comments with the respective departments.

We look forward to your return and are confident that you will enjoy your next stay at Marina Bay Sands.