“World-Class” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #34 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Bangkok, Thailand
“World-Class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

Amazing hotel experience. Fantastic rooms and great service.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Lars L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,136)
  • Arabic first
  • Vietnamese first
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 11,319 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2011

Room
We stayed in a horizon deluxe room on the 46/F. It was a good 4 star room, spacious with comfortable beds and chaise but feels more functional rather than luxurious. The room lacks the character and elegance found in other Sands hotels. In fact the bench at the foot of the bed had a glue/wax stain (and evidence of unsuccessful efforts at removal); rather disappointing considering this hotel just opened recently. Our view was of the harbour and the undeveloped promenade area. Should be spectacular in the future but lacks luster at the moment.

Facilities - Underwhelming lobby with bizarre colourful reception area for a 5star hotel, this is probably temporary but as first impressions last, this sets the stage for a less than glamourous experience and what to expect during your stay. Fantastic pool at night and early morning when you have it for yourself, easily the best and most impressive pool we've seen but during the day it's like a human zoo. The hotel is already beginning to show signs of wear, with peeling signs and scratches in the window. This is probably a teething problem.

Service - Friendly, warm and accommodating staff.

Food - Daily breakfast buffet offered a wide range of cuisine but the taste was just okay. We dont think it's worth SGD38 (although included in the room). The Chocolate Bar we found to be average bordering on poor. The display looked quite appealing but the quality and taste of the desserts were not memorable.
Food court was a reasonable option but the next day, our local guests and us all had tummy trouble. Considering this is a 5 star hotel and it is Singapore, this was a bit of a shock.

Location - Great location at Marina Bay, and would be even better once the MTR is up and running. Evening river walk to Clark Quay was quite pleasant.

Price/Value: The scene and price are set for a 5-star experience but at present the Marina Bay Sands struggles to provide more than a 3.5 star experience.

At present we do not recommend staying in MBS, instead giving them a few years to stabilize their operations and allow the surrounding area to develop. It has the potential to be great, it's just not there yet.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank BradJill
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

No doubt its a Wonderful hotel with excellent venue but your security officer doesn't helpful and so arrogant. Both of them doesn't have full information and even they laugh back at you, i am so pissed off and its really spoiled my trip there.Luckily the incident happened on my last day there.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank anthonyreynolds
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2011

Oh my goodness, where do I start?? This hotel is fantastic. Everything is new and fresh, and we found the service to be brilliant. We booked 2 club rooms but were upgraded to a '2 bedroom suite'. Service in 'The Club' is second to none and the best I have ever experienced - anywhere!! Every single staff member we came in contact with, was exceptional. The quality of food on offer is unbelievable, and well worth the rate charged.

If I had to criticise anything, it would be the lobby. It is very busy and almost feels like an airport. Didn't really find this a problem as one doesn't normally spend a lot of time in the hotel lobby, and it is what you would expect in a hotel of this size!!

Don't hesitate, pay the extra for a 'club room' and book now - you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Goofy05
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 14 April 2011
Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the Suite and The Club experience.

We are very encouraged with the recognition you have given to our service staff.

Your support is very appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
Cottesloe, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

I had the great pleasure of staying for a week at this hotel. Like others I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews on this site but having now experienced the MBS for myself I can honestly say my fears were unfounded and my experience was exceptional.

Service was excellent through out from the moment I checked in to the moment I checked out. The staff are very friendly and welcoming and at least in my experience they did their utmost to assist whenever asked. My room was on the 48th floor with a view of the city which really is an amazing sight. It was large, well furnished and appointed, clean and had everything any reasonable person would expect or need.

The Club on the 57th floor is without doubt the best club facility I have experienced anywhere. Eleanor and Selim were amazing hosts. The Sky Park is a unique experience even though I have little tolerance for heights, I thought it was brilliant.

I suggest to those considering a stay at this fine hotel, please do yourself a favor and find out for yourselves how amazing this hotel is and pay little pay little or no attention to the complaints, I personally question their credibility and wonder how it is their experience is in stark contrast to the majority who have nothing but praise for the MBS. Its ironic that a recent reviewer complains about the hotel having some Chinese staff, especially when that reviewer hails from Hong Kong, which is after all in China and another appears to be a serial complainer judging by their reviews of hotels on other occasions, obviously one of those who can never be pleased. Yet another reviewer claimed to have been offered a downgrade, which really beggars belief. I decided to ignore many similar very questionable reviews and confirmed from my own experience as I suspected those reviews are nonsense.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank andymac6530
Thank you for taking the time to submit this review.

The Club on the 57th floor is indeed magnificent and we are glad to hear that our Team Members, Eleanor and Selim in particular, made your experience a memorable one.

We sincerely appreciate your support and look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

So the hotel is new and very nice but it's not run well at all. From small things like not making restaurant reservations when they say they did (imagine showing up with a starving toddler to be told there is no reservation), to it taking over an hour to get room service and cold food being delivered, to having a confirmation for two rooms next door to each other and a baby cot to being told that that they can't do that and it taking over an hour to check in, to big problems like the lock being broken on the door to my son's room at nap time and the cleaning lady saying she reported it 3 hours before! So we had a day where we went to lunch to find we had no reservation and got back for the nap to find we were locked out of our room while my son screamed and cried for over an hour in the hallway while the staff did exactly nothing to get the lock fixed. The scene isn't even that good. It's completely dull on the roof despite having created something nicer than Shoreditch club in London. There is zero vibe and seriously no reason to stay here unless you enjoy being frustrated. Our friend from London also happened to be stayingbhere at the same time as us and they screwed up his reservation as well!

Room Tip: Shout at the front desk- worked for our friend!
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jwdwc
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Thank you for your feedback.

We are very sorry to hear about all the challenges you faced during your stay with us.

We have shared your comments with our respective Head of Departments to look into improving our service and processes.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

I had booked a package Lion King Tickets with a suite together. Sevral weeks later I checked the booking and found out, there was no ticket confirmation. At the reservtion they told me, I have to pay extra for the tickets, as I have no package. I should pay 4.000 SGD, but there is no ticket included! I told them, it was not my mistake, but they insist of paying the ticket which is probably 300 SGD for 2 people. After many discussions they gave me an offer to downgrade my room and then the tickets are included, I cancelled my stay immediately, I was pissed off....At least 5 people handled my reservation, I didn`t get any manager or a phone call, thanks to that famous Lady called MICHELE LIM, which is not able to even apologize for a mistake...why such a hotel has chinese staff?
I will go to Mandarin Oriental instead, there we have really good staff and service!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family