I stayed at this hotel on business, and as they were charging me $1000 a night for a suite I was expecting something special... I was disappointed.
When I arrived the there was no valet/concierge outside the hotel to greet me so I made my way into the reception with my baggage in tow. The lobby looked more like a prestigious office building rather than a hotel. I got in line at the check in desk and was eventually at the front of the queue. The member of staff was very inefficient and slow, the whole process was irritating... and I was paying $1000 per night for this. When at last I was checked in, I was instructed to make my own way to my suite, with my luggage in tow. The hotel is HUGE.. but as I walked through the lobby, I couldn't help thinking that I was back in London, walking through the lobby at Canary Wharf. At least there were plenty of little shops/boutiques/cafe/restaurants. The suite itself was very nice, large and roomy and decorated in a modern style. It had all you could want from a hotel room. They called it a suite but it was really a very large room. the bed was very comfortable. and the internet was included. So far all is ok, but certainly not worth $1000. Until you get the the roof, that was amazing! its huge, across the top of the whole hotel. It has numerous restaurants and bars and a nightclub. There are some infinity pools that looks like the water is falling off the top edge of the building.. the view is amazing. There also some hot tub/jacuzzi scattered around, overlooking the cityscape. The rooftop has the wow factor.
Overall, the hotel is very expensive, too much like an office building and the service lacks, but the rooms are very nice and the rooftop is amazing, and there is a large casino opposite (maybe a part of the hotel). I don't think I would stay here again as the expense is not justified by the experience and the lack of good service and its a little out of the way from the areas where you are likely to have a wonder around. But I'm glad that I have stayed here at least once to experience the rooftop wonders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore