“Mixed feelings”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #37 of 319 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business, and as they were charging me $1000 a night for a suite I was expecting something special... I was disappointed.
When I arrived the there was no valet/concierge outside the hotel to greet me so I made my way into the reception with my baggage in tow. The lobby looked more like a prestigious office building rather than a hotel. I got in line at the check in desk and was eventually at the front of the queue. The member of staff was very inefficient and slow, the whole process was irritating... and I was paying $1000 per night for this. When at last I was checked in, I was instructed to make my own way to my suite, with my luggage in tow. The hotel is HUGE.. but as I walked through the lobby, I couldn't help thinking that I was back in London, walking through the lobby at Canary Wharf. At least there were plenty of little shops/boutiques/cafe/restaurants. The suite itself was very nice, large and roomy and decorated in a modern style. It had all you could want from a hotel room. They called it a suite but it was really a very large room. the bed was very comfortable. and the internet was included. So far all is ok, but certainly not worth $1000. Until you get the the roof, that was amazing! its huge, across the top of the whole hotel. It has numerous restaurants and bars and a nightclub. There are some infinity pools that looks like the water is falling off the top edge of the building.. the view is amazing. There also some hot tub/jacuzzi scattered around, overlooking the cityscape. The rooftop has the wow factor.
Overall, the hotel is very expensive, too much like an office building and the service lacks, but the rooms are very nice and the rooftop is amazing, and there is a large casino opposite (maybe a part of the hotel). I don't think I would stay here again as the expense is not justified by the experience and the lack of good service and its a little out of the way from the areas where you are likely to have a wonder around. But I'm glad that I have stayed here at least once to experience the rooftop wonders.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We regret to hear about the challenges you encountered during check in which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience.

We have taken note of your feedback and we will be sure to share your comments with our Front Office and Guest Services team to ensure that better efficiency upon arrival. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and the SkyPark, which is indeed a highlight for many of our guests.

We will definitely seek to fine-tune our systems and procedures appropriately and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back at Marina Bay Sands to regain your confidence in us.

Write a ReviewReviews (23,818)

Reviewed 27 July 2011

Had an amazing time at Marina Bay Sands, from the spectacular city view, friendly - helpful staff and great views from the viewing area and pool on 57th floor. Breakfast very nice with a warm welcome from staff as they showed you to a table. Room was very clean and comfortable on the 43rd floor. Always a taxi out the front ready to take you wherever you wanted to go - at a reasonable rate. Would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Singapore.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to learn that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. It is our goal to deliver superior service to our guests and we are encouraged by your kind words regarding our Team Members.

Thank you for your recommendation and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We loved our 4 day stay. Just go, it's amazing, best to stay weekdays as weekends it's a bit busy. Avoid the Sky on 57 restaurant as overrated but do drink at it's bar - AMAZING city views.

Service was excellent, the most friendly people around. Highly recommend booking The Club room, yes it's expensive but when you add up what it includes it's worth it. Free wifi and 3 meals per day as part of the package really saves you a lot.

Room Tip: See main review
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled that you and your partner had the opportunity to experience the Club Room and its privileges and we are glad that our Team Members succeeded in achieving our goal to provide friendly and efficient service to our guests.

We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your time at Sky on 57. We will be sure to share your feedback with them for their review.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

I live in Hawaii which is supposed to be the #1 vacation spot. But after staying at the Marina Bay Sands in Singapore, I now view this place to be the #1 vacation spot worldwide! The service was remarkable. Everyone tried to make you feel at home. The hotel itself is breathtaking and the view from our room was also breathtaking. The skypool had the best view of Singapore and it was amazing just to sit in the pool and relax. The infinity pool was the most amazing pool I've ever swam in.

• Stayed: July 2011

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the chance to experience our magnificent infinity pool for yourself! It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences for our guests and we look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands in future.

Reviewed 26 July 2011

To make sure that you have plenty of time to laze around the awsome pool. Take plenty of photos then pinch yourself to realise you are really there.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

hi ,
hotels...........
one of the best hotels in this world...
currently no one can beat this hotel...
big casino, science and art museum.
great rooms and suites....
fantastic.....
never seen any hotel like this...
hotel is on the bay.....
great hotel....

Room Tip: book through hotel's website directly, there are several promotions.....
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anjalizaveri
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! Indeed we do have a variety of packages on our website to cater to different preferences. We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back at Marina Bay Sands soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2011

Be empowered by the three standing pillars and a boat!
You say burj al Arab is art? Think again!
A whole city inside one structure.. rooms, malls, casino! It just doesn't get better.
They have a world class casion and table bids ranges for everyone.
You never seen anything like this.. THE INFINITY pool. Gives you a feeling of infinity as the name suggests.. with a words eve view of the fantastic city of Singapore.
Get ready to loose your breath.

• Stayed: December 2010

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us and appreciate the marvel of the architecture. The view from the infinity pool is spectacular and we are thrilled that you experienced it for yourself. We look forward to having you back at Marina Bay Sands.