“We wanted to see the New and Old Singapore”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
“We wanted to see the New and Old Singapore”
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a very large hotel eg over 2000 rooms and is very busy. The building is quite unique and the hotel and surrounds are quite amazing. The pool is something that has to be seen 57 floors above Singapore and overlooking the city and harbour. The rooms are most comfortable and everything is supplied that you would expect in such an establishment.

1 Thank BBB560
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 2 August 2011
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we are glad that you had the opportunity to experience the view from the infinity pool at the SkyPark! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back at Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,221)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Utrecht
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Great, impressive building, very stylish and unique. Nice, clean, well designed rooms. Sky desk is impressive.
Some services to improve:
- check in: waiting for more than 30 minutes is very common! Even at midnight.
- check out: same story - be prepared to calculate some waiting time (unless fast check out service is used)
- no a la carte breakfast: 45 dollar per breakfast is expensive, when you only want some cereals, a croissant and a cup of tea ... At "Sweetspot" in tower 3 we could get these, but there was no comfortable place to sit. Only 4 high chairs in the place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. Rest assured that we are continuously monitoring and reviewing our check in and checkout processes for improvement, especially during high occupancy periods.

We also offer a variety of breakfast options for guests, from local delights at Rasapura Masters to quick bites at Java Detour and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Beanstro at The Shoppes.

Thank you once again and we hope to welcome you back at Marina Bay Sands in future.
Kyoto, Japan
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I stayed with my family. Everyt ime when trouble happened out kids waite for me patiently.
I could not enjoy our staying there.
They are not 5 stars hotel at all.
All of staffs apologized , but never prevented service.

On the first date of our arrival, when I came back from the swimming pool, our room key didn't work and we had to stuck at the door more than 30 minutes.
I asked to get someone at the door for 3 times from the phone near the lift, but nothing happened.
We, include kids, felt so cold with wet swimming suite.
(They have only 2 changing rooms. This is totally silly. I met many people looking for changing room.)
We were helped a room keeper who just walked by chance.

After we went back from city, around 10pm, as we were so tired, our
kids were almost asleep, but AGAIN the room key didn't work!
We had to wait at the door again.
As I couldn't trust telephone operator and I knew no one help immediately, I went down to the lobby and changed the key.

On the next day when we backed from city, our room key didn't work again. It was 3rd times.
I complained and explained the story and I asked if I could talk with a manager and they answered a manager come up to our room.
So I waited about for 1 hour, but no one came.

I asked to a manager to arrange having breakfast at swimming pool side.
And she told me send this message to the restaurant.
I went to the restaurant 'The CULB' they said 'This is only for VIP' then I went to the opposite side of restaurant.
But the opposite side of restaurant didn't accept.
So I went back to 'the CULB' again.
I took a opposite side of the restaurant manager with me as I didn't want to explain the same story for many times.
However here again this time I spoiled my time to explain and go and back between 2 opposite side of restaurants.

Everything didn't go smooth at Marina Bay Sands.
I had to explained so many stuffs at MBS, as our request never sent.
It's totally waste of time and made me tired.
They made me uncomfortable every day.

Now I understand that they are not professional.
I don't want to pay our staying at MBS, but even if they refund the room charge, our feeling will not recover.

GIVE US BACK OUR TIME!

5 Thank hotelhotel021
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you and your family encountered during your recent stay with us.

The experiences you have described are not consistent with the standards we have at Marina Bay Sands. I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you so we can investigate the situation.
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed 3 nights in this hotel. It was good place, huge lobby with shops and restaurants. Room was clean, and spacious, and there was expressomachine and good toiletries. We had view to sea, and if I go next time, I would like to have view to city. Best thing in this hotel is pool. Best view and you feel that you are roof of the world there. Really nice!! We didnt have meals there, only hamburgers in pool, and that was great! I think rooms and lobby are same than other 5star hotels, but pools makes this one something really special!!!
Service was ok, huge ques to reseption, and our 3rd bad took long time to get. First they said that they dont have those, even we had book it.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room and its facilities. The view of the Singapore skyline from the infinity pool is indeed breathtaking and we are thrilled that you had the chance to experience it for yourself!

We have taken note of your feedback regarding the shortfalls in our service touch points and we have been working hard on improving in the areas that you have highlighted.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Marina Bay Sands soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed there with our toddler (1.5 years) - the checkin was horrendous having to wait in a queue and only managed to get the room after 1600. We had previously requested a room with an extra bed for the baby and at midnight, the bed still hadn't arrived despite calling front desk several times - (you need to persist with the calling as the font desk line is always engaged). This for one of the premium hotels in Singapore is the WORST experience I ever had and not worth a dime. And to think we had moved from Ritz Carlton to try out the hotel was like chalk and cheese. The pool, while it isnice, is over crowded by folks who pay money to see the view - no peace and quiet with all the gawkers!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Quokkar
Thank you for articulating the details of your stay last August. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced.

We have been working with our Front Office and Housekeeping teams to prevent a reoccurrence of such incidents as highlighted in your review. It is never our intention to cause our guests any unnecessary inconvenience.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you and your family back at Marina Bay Sands in future and regain your confidence in us.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 July 2011

My husband booked 2 nights as a celebration of our 5th year wedding anniversary. Read the reviews here beforehand and it really helps. I paid cash during checking in instead of using my credit card so that I would not have to face the possibility of "double / wrong charges" as written by so many people in the reviews. And I requested for a mini fridge upon going up to room to chill my own drinks.
Was lucky that I had no problem with checking in. Was upgraded to 42nd floor with a garden view. Maybe because my booking was under a corporate plan. Love the bathroom. Great design but too bad there wasn't locks on the door. So we always have to warn our 4 years old daughter not to open the door when we need to use the bathroom.
My girl loves the baby pool. Spent lots of time there. When we went to the Skypark gift shop, the staff there were more interested in chatting among themselves instead of answering our enquiries.
Met with Blackout on the 2nd night. My girl was so scared that she kept crying. Even the corridor outside our room was completely dark. And the phone in the room couldn't be used so we couldn't call to ask what had happened. Lifts also stopped working and we could hear people banging on the door whom I presume were trapped inside the lift. We had no information and no idea what had happened and how long it will last. When everything resumed back to normal after around 20 minutes, my TV couldn't work so I called Concierge for help. The guy was very impatient and rude. Not even an apology for the blackout. I wished I had asked for his name so I could feedback to someone about this. Even when we check out, there was no apology and no mention of the blackout. It was as though nothing happened. I guess we were just "lucky".

Room Tip: Try to request for a higher floor (of course)
1 Thank NovellTang
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your room upgrade and that your daughter had a great time at the infinity pool!

We have shared your feedback regarding the service shortfalls you experienced at the SkyPark gift shop with the relevant department for their improvement.

We also apologize for any inconvenience caused during the power blackout which occurred on Friday, 22 July 2011. The blackout had affected the Hotel’s Tower 1 and we are investigating the cause of this incident. We assure that our guests’ safety is our priority and that we had put in every effort to manage the situation.

Once again, we thank you for your kind understanding. We value your patronage, and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We had booked to stay for 3 nights but loved the place so much that we couldn't drag ourselves away. We changed our flights and stayed for another couple of nights.
We were in a club room, which was huge! This gave us access to the club dining room on the roof which included an amazingly sumptuous buffet spread for breakfast as well as canapés and drinks in the evening. If we had wanted to, we wouldn't have had to eat anywhere else.
The view was incredible and the service from most of the staff was first class (particularly in the club dining room). The gym was fantastic overlooking the city on the 55th floor. It was well equipped and they keep it immaculately clean.
Obviously the infinity pool on the roof was exceptional.
The free shuttle to/from the airport was very convenient.
This is now one of our favorite hotels in the world, and almost worth a trip to Singapore just to stay in it.

• Stayed July 2011