Yes it is a amazing concept, pool 57 floors up.
Walking into the lobby, we thought wow, checking time is 3pm, so when we got there a hugh queue to check-in, we where given a glass of champagne to drink while waiting lovely touch, but nothing offered to our son to drink. Once we got to the desk after about 20mins the staff where very friendly and effecient.
We headed to our room on the 54th floor, entered the room, put of key card in the slot and the curtains automatically open to the most amazing view, very clever bar fridge if you lift any thing for more than 30 seconds it automatically charges that item to your room account.
The room was massive, horizon grand, but small things let it down. Big stain on the carpet when you first walk in, bearing in mind hotel only 12 months old, I'm sure it could of been removed in that time. Beautiful bathrooms but again one of the light fittings beside the mirror was falling off the wall. Just a few small things nothing to spoil our holiday but it was noticable for the price of a room and new hotel I would not expext these things.
We headed up to the pool, wow but so crowed, you can hardly move, people can pay $20 to come up to the sky deck to see the pool and view so the first 3/4 of the pool is for everyone so big families, groups all screaming so we headed down to the guest only pool, peace at last, got comfortable on the sun chairs go to go for a swim but told no children allowed in this pool you have to go to the other end. We have one 10yr old son, not young screaming kids, just 1 child who just wanted to go for a swim, so we had to move to the other end. No chairs available to lie, then finally a family left so we got some chairs. So noisy I felt like i was in a shed full of geese. Not very pleasant at all. Kids kept jumping in and splashing, screaming, yelling. Yes it is nice to have a adult pool away from kids I totally agree, but make a guest area with children available to the guests as well. We are still paying guest with a child.
There is a great food court under the hotel, so many outlets to choose from from all around Asia, but again no where to sit. There is a skating rink in the middle of the food court which had about 4 kids skating on it. Great concept but not in the middle of a popular food court, move the rink and add more tables. The food was beautiful, but when you are 3/4 finished people start hoovering next to you waiting for you to leave so they can have you table. Not very enjoyable experience. We did go back there the next day for lunch not as busy but nobody on the rink. Total waste of space.
Our main reason staying at marina bay sands was to see the lion king stage production which was fantasic. Not sure if still playing but highly recommend to see.
My overall opion of the hotel is very nice, but lacking in personal service, very impersonal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore