“World Orchid Conference Visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 306 Hotels in Singapore
East Lansing
“World Orchid Conference Visitor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

We enjoyed our stay in this amazing facility -- thoroughly.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Doris A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,178)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Of course a special place to stay, very luxurious. Rooms have everything you need and are brand new. Would go back fro sure

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Wimster
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

It was and has been a beautiful and wonderful experience to be at the MBS. The room was big and comfortable. It was extremely clean and spacious. The pool at the skypark was amazing, the children had a super nice time there.

Room Tip: The view of the Singapore river at night was terrific from the hotel room. It was romantic and very...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank S H L
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Thank you for your wonderful review. We look forward to your next visit to experience more of what our destination has to offer!
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed there for two nights on a business trip. Service there was horrendous.

1) I was in the lift and asked a hotel staff if I was in the right tower, he told me he doesnt work in the hotel department and asked me to ask someone else.

2) Next, I tried to get some laundry done. Someone came to my room to pick it up. I asked her how to pay for it and she completely didn't understand what I was saying. Eventually she just shaked her head and left.

3) The WORST experience I had was with the concierge. It was a Sunday night and it was pouring outside. The queue for the taxi stand was too long and I was running late for a meeting. I asked the concierge if he could book me a taxi urgently. He tried for about 2 minutes and then he got back to me saying he couldnt get through to the taxi company and suggested I wait in line. The gentleman was wearing Les Clef d'Or (the Golden Keys) on his jacket lapels. It is my understanding that this is the pinnacle of service standards. Those who wear the golden keys are generally able to achieve the impossible, but yet he was unable to book me a taxi! I was utterly disappointed. The concierge definitely does not deserve to wear the golden keys, it is an absolute disgrace! In the end I had to run out to the main street in the rain wearing a suit and carrying my luggage. By the time I reached my destination, I was drenched and sweating profusely and very late.

I strongly recommend the Ritz Carlton to anyone looking for better service. They never say no, and ALL their staff are extremely well trained.

Definitely not staying at the Marina Bay Sands again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank John H
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We regret to learn about the challenges you experienced during your recent stay that may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience.

Service is a priority for us and service excellence is a continuous journey that we take on with pride and dedication to improve our service standards.

I have sent you a private message and look forward to hearing back from you so that we can look into the details you have listed here.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

This hotel is certainly spectacular, the rooms spacious and well appointed and the rooftop garden and pool amazing, but it was much too busy and a bit far out of "Singapore" for my liking.
The shopping plaza is all designer labels and high end so unless you have the cash to splash a nice place to dream but not shop.
I felt they were very disorganised on check in and the customer service level was not up to expectations, but if you are going to gamble at the casino and buy your designer goods you will love it.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sharon R
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as your time up at the SkyPark.

The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands which you described is Singapore’s first large-scale luxury shopping mall in the heart of the Central Business District. There, our shoppers are able to enjoy an unmatched mix of international luxury brands, new concept stores and emerging labels.

We regret to hear that you experienced challenges during your check-in. We appreciate your feedback and it is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to continually upgrade our service touch points on our journey to service excellence.

We hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands for future visits so that you may regain your confidence in us.
Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

Great facilities, fantastic bed.. big room and wonderful view. plus the pool is just amazing.. might be a little pricey but an occasional indulgence is fine to me.

A must try for every Singapore visitor!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KeiKurono
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that our service standards exceeded your expectations and that you had a great stay with us. We hope to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

For the price one expects slightly more of their pillows, without doubt they were entirely comfortable and clean but thats what should be expected from a 5 star hotel such as this..
Softish 7/10
Covers 8/10

Side note: The incredible mini fridge charges automatically as soon as you even lift something out of the fridge! definitely byo.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo