“A tick box hotel”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #41 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We went for the pool as we were in Singapore and it was fantastic - incredible views and good staff. The hotel is huge and very impressive. Our room was very nice and the bathroom beautiful. My only annoyance is the lack of reading light in the room.

There are loads of restaurants in the hotel and plenty of shops - you don't really need to leave. We only went for one night and enjoyed it.

The only negatives were the poor changing facilities for the pool when they tell you not to go to the pool in a robe and the steam/sauna was pathetically small.

Additionally breakfast was poor with food running out all the time.

Room Tip: Higher the better facing Singapore city.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and had the opportunity to experience our SkyPark infinity pool. Thank you for your compliments on our Team Members.

We will convey your feedback on the changing rooms and experience during breakfast to the relevant Department Heads for review.

We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to experience more of what we have to offer as a one-stop destination.

There are newer reviews for Marina Bay Sands

Reviewed 22 December 2011

The infinity pool (which we visited at sunrise at 7am) and the view from the Skypark (which we visited around 3pm) were amazing.

The dinner buffet at Rise restaurant was great - wonderful seafood and yummy desserts - we'd definitely recommend it.

The queue at checkout was also amazing - for its length. (We checked in at 9:30pm and were offered a room on Level 2, or alternatively the option to wait for an hour for a room above the 30th floor, which we accepted - our room (on Level 39) was nice and well proportioned - as expected.

I should add that that you can go to the buffet and the skypark WITHOUT being a hotel guest, however to access the pool you DO have to be a guest.

I'm happy we did it once, but we will only do it once. If you make sure you don't checkin or checkout when everyone else is trying to do the same, your stay will be much better. That being said - I don't know how they could make this process any better - there are heaps of rooms, and lots of people coming and leaving.

Room Tip: The Sky is the Limit - Go high or go home. Also, if you can get a room facing the city you will get...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, particularly your time at the SkyPark and the buffet at Rise Restaurant.

The use of the pool is indeed exclusive to our hotel guests whilst members of the public have access to various parts of the property to offer everyone the opportunity to experience Marina Bay Sands, Singapore’s newest tourism icon.

We are continuously reviewing our processes based on guest feedback for improvement and we hope to be able to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Stated Check-in time is 3pm, but when I have my room key was already 6pm even for Club Room check in at VIP lounge.

Instead of providing upgraded room for the long delay, I was ask to stay in tower 1 instead of tower 2 which are more convenience to access to The Club restaurant from tower 2.

Hotel Front Desk service take too long to process the check in.

Swiming in the pools is like exbition with visiter walking around looking.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Vincent690

Thank you for your feedback. I regret to hear about the delay you experienced upon check in during your recent stay with us. We do our best to offer our guests their preferred rooms, however, rooms are subject to availability upon check-in.

With regards to the SkyPark, we have limited the number of visitors to the infinity pool in order to protect the privacy of our hotel guests at the pool.

Please be assured that we highly value your comments and will seek to fine-tune our processes appropriately to ensure the success of your future stays.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We've a night at MBS to celebrate an event. This is booked through Hospitality Dept.
The prior arrangements are well done and I'm happy to say that they're within my expectations.

We stayed in Marina Suite.
Check in doesn't take too long - most likely due to butler services provided.

The room itself was grand with beautiful seaview.
Given that we chose to stay in suite I have heightened my expectations - I must say they didn't disappoint.

The whole event went on smoothly. The overall co-ordination was excellent, something that I'm pleased about.
Turn-down service was great - the half bottle champagne is a nice touch.

Breakfast at Sky on 57 is good, the food is fantastic. While service is not the most comfortable feel, I'm happy with the overall dining experience.

Everybody knows about the pool, great views. I'm quite blessed as the pool is not full - probably due to weekday morning.

In terms of location, it's pretty out of the way, with train stations some distance away. I'm aware of a new station building nearby so maybe it'll get better..

To summarise, I'm happy with the stay, however I've just having a suspicion that it's all because I've booked myself into a suite.
Then again, with the steep premium paid, that's the type of service I expect.

Room Tip: Suites, though with a premium, are excellent (sea-view is good); seperate check-in queues will speed...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had a warm and comfortable stay, including a smooth check-in process and a good breakfast at Sky on 57.

I regret to hear that the service you experienced at Sky on 57 did not match up to your expectations and we have shared your feedback with the management for their review.

Please allow me to assure you that it is our goal to deliver superior service to all our guests.

Thank you once again for your positive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

possibly the most disappointing hotel stay ever. the first issue was the impersonal feeling you get at the hotel, it is supposed to be 5 stars but there is nobody to help you with your luggage or take it to your room (or at least there wasn't for me), there is no turn down service in the evening either. the rooms are of quite a good size but the furniture looks cheap, the toiletries wouldn't be out of place in a hostel...
the swimming pool was by far the biggest disappointment, the water was extremely dirty and while the view is amazing it is just not worth it.
we had lunch at the ku de ta bar and it also felt very dirty.
the best bit was our trip to the Banyan Tree spa which was totally empty and had amazing facilities

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MRGLondon

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are disappointed to learn about the challenges you encountered during your stay with us.

Please rest assured that we have shared your feedback with the relevant Department Heads for review and improvement. Turn down service is available upon request.

The experiences you have described are not consistent with the high service standards we strive to achieve here at Marina Bay Sands and we hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back in the future for a more comfortable stay.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

We arrived at MBS 2.30pm, amazed by the crowd at ALL the reception area, people checking in, people checking out, and people waiting for transport to everywhere.

Following the queue, well mannered service staff ask if we are checking in or out, about our room category, and told us to prepare our passport, reservation letter and relevant documents. He then led us to a shorter queue. Other staff came by and offered us some bottled mineral while we are waiting. about 20mins or so, we reach the counter staff.

As she checked our reservation, she told us that only room for level 2 is ready. i made a reservation for grand horizon room, and you assigned to me a level 2 room? i believe you are famous for the "view" and "service".... and that is what i paid for? She told us, if we want a higher floor rooms, she can make arrangements and room will be ready by 4pm, and she will call to us.

4.30pm and nobody calls, we rejoin the LONG queue again. she apologize for the inconvenience and for that, she will compensate us with late checkout. now i understand, the roll over effect all the guest had resulted in such a mess in the lobby and reception.

finally i got my room key, but it led me a to WRONG tower. instead of Tower 2, receptionist had asked me to go to Tower 1. I approached a chinese house keeping lady, which has no idea where my room was. after some hassle. we found out room, and worst to come.

we entered our room, and we had a feeling that "somebody" is still inside. the room is not kept properly, with the room card still inserted, rubbish, half drank bottled water. I made a complaint to the "express service line" but nobody appeared in 20mins. i called them again and i told them, i will leave the room now and we expect someone to housekeep it when we return.

This place is over crowded anyway. if you had heard about the infinite pool, so many people is there already. they had some crowd control measures, which i feel they had done a good job already. you should experience the beautiful view from the pool and enjoy the afternoon or evening there. Ku De Ta, must go! and you don't have to pay cover charge if you enter early.

Finally, we are satisfied about the room condition. I must say the room is well equipped with all necessities and all the equipments are in good condition. the curtains are power controlled, big TV, comfortable sofa and bed. and very spacious in the Grand room.
We had a good undisturbed good night rest and morning service as our request. view from my "city-skyline view" at 22nd floor is not great at all. i did paid for extra to get a good view, but its not what i expected.

Buffet breakfast was included in our stay package and RISE is huge and overcrowded. they have a wide spread of international buffet breakfast and good quality food. Generous with their servings, so please ask for smaller portion if they serve it to you. seats turn around pretty fast so you dont have wait long to get a place for your breakfast.

We did express checkout at 2pm (by dropping the keys and filled in some forms) because of the long queue at the reception. i hope they don't make a mess out of my credit card bill later. i worry because they charged a higher sum on my credit card during my check in.

Generally, service staff is very polite and patient (despite the continuous non stop crowd they have to handle) but i must say they can be more efficient, or they need to employ more to handle the huge crowd. Its only the waiting time that is really bad and MUST be improved immediately.

sorry, but i have to say this is not what i paid for. i will not recommend anyone to here for business trip or vacation stay. There is much better hotels around, and they can walk from them to MBS for the casinos or shopping areas.

1  Thank aychuen

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We regret to hear about the challenges you encountered which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience with us.

Whilst we appreciate the large number of visitors to our property, we do apologize for the inconveniences caused by the crowds and delays in our service touch points.

We will be sure to address the shortfalls you have described with the respective Departments for their review and improvement to prevent a further recurrence.

We are indeed continuously reviewing our processes and implementing the necessary initiatives to improve the overall experience for our guests.

We sincerely appreciate your positive feedback on our polite Team Members and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future to regain your confidence in us.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

Good:
1. Great spacious new room
2. Spacious bath room
3. Great view
4. Great pool area
5. Great fitness center

Not so good:
1. the breakfast area is sooo crowded. Feels like in a hawker center.
2. the area is so big, takes very long to reach the room
3. the hotel is not integrated to public transport so gotta use taxi

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you found several of our facilities and amenities to your liking. However, we do regret to hear that your stay earlier this year was not a complete success.

Rest assured that we have since implemented various initiatives to better manage the crowds on property, including those at breakfast to ensure that our guests are not inconvenienced.

With regards to transport, we are excited for the upcoming opening of Bayfront MRT Station in January 2012, which we are confident will improve the travel experience to and from Marina Bay Sands. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!