“Pinch me, I'm dreaming”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #41 of 317 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I had three nights in this Hotel/Casino complex, before departing Singapore on a cruise ship. We expected exceptional quality and class and were not disappointed. Our room was in Tower 3, and very spacious. Well appointed, and discreetly serviced. We loved the infinity pool complex on the roof of the Hotel, also the shopping complex across the road where the Casino and theatre can also be found. We were surprised to find Wicked was in season, and were able to attend on our middle night, with very good seat selection. Most enjoyable show.
Sure this Hotel is expensive but its value for money, we thought.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor, from memory - very adequate. Our view was overlooking the (new) Chinese...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2012

Dear magic006, I am thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the multi-dimensional offerings that we have to offer to our valued guests.

I am also happy to hear that our service standards matched your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

Thank you mbs for the great honeymoon experience! We got a free cake on arrival, brout up by the nicest staff i have met! We also got a bottle of wine! Wow! When we got back from a swim to the swimming pool, we saw a beautiful flower arrangement on the bed! Very nice! And the best part is that we never mentioned anything about our honeymoon to anyone during our stay. I just left a small comment about this when i was doing the online registration. My wife and i are very happy to recommend this hotel. Thank you thank you thank you!

Room Tip: Let them know if you have any special occasions. They really took care of us.
1  Thank Nadhir Z

Dear Nadhir Z, thank you for choosing to spend your special ocassion with us at Marina Bay Sands and I appreciate your heartwarming compliments.

I am delighted to hear that our Team members assisted to ensure that your honeymoon with us was a memorable one. It is our goal to create magnificent once-in-a-lifetime experiences for all our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

The check in was a bit of a disaster that took 35mins to complete as they had not cleanded our room at 7:15pm in the evening! However that became a win-fall for us as we were up-graded to a suite, so the room was AMAZING and it really was in every way. This is the hotel to go to if you want to have a big splurge in Singapore but its not a "private" hotel and there are not many areas where a couple can sit on there own. The hotel reminded me of a cruise ship environment except you have to pay for everything and it's quite expensive, especially dinner. There's a shopping centre attached to the complex so you can get meals at local pricing and that makes a big difference. The pool is out of this world and one would probably book this hotel just to have a swim in the pool for the day, unbelievable. I found the breakfast to be just too busy, hard to relax when there's 1,500 people trying to get their eggs (I asked the waiter how many they served on an average day), it's just a very busy place....
I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels around the world for business and pleasure but would I stay here again? NO, there's far better value for the money where the rooms are much cheaper and are perhaps located in better positions. OK you can't beat the view from the pool or if you have a city view room. It might be worthwhile considering doing 2 nights at this hotel and then relocate somewhere else so you have some money left over to spend on other things.

2  Thank Adrian v

Dear Buzzwald, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I regret to hear that you experienced a delay in your check-in process but I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade to one of our Suites.

In addition to In-Room Dining, we have breakfast options within the hotel lobby at Rise, Fuse and Jin Shan, as well as at Sky on 57 (for Suite guests) and The Club at Marina Bay Sands (for Club Room guests) at the SkyPark. I would also receommend Sweet Spot for a quick bite or Rasapura Masters at The Shoppes as well for some local delights.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more successful stay in the near future!

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews about this hotel, so I was quite unsure about staying here. But the moment I showed my partner the website of this place, he booked a 4 nights stay within 5 minutes! The Skypark is pretty amazing, situated on the 57th floor, it gives you a bird’s eye view of Singapore, and the view is spectacular at night time with all of the city lights. The only bad point about this hotel is that there are so many people at the infinity pool (which is understandable considering that there is only 1 shared pool for 2500 rooms) and the pool service was not that great. If you are too tired to go out to eat outside, make sure that you try the buffet dinner downstairs (I can’t remember the name of the restaurant, but it is situated next to the lobby), it is a good value for money and the food was very good.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Desre07, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time up on the SkyPark with its amazing views of the Singapore skyline.

With regards to the management of crowds at the SkyPark, allow me to assure you that we have taken various steps to incorporate feedback to ensure the privacy of our hotel guests. One of our ongoing initiatives has been to offer guided tours to our Observation Deck visitors to view the Pool and the Gardens at 10am, 2pm and 9pm daily.

Your feedback on the service standards of our Team Members at the SkyPark has been shared with the Relevant Department Heads for their review.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your dinner buffet at Rise, and I hope that you will have the opportunity to try more of our world-class dining options during your next visit!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great hotel as long as you like things on the grand scale. Stayed for 6 nights and there is plenty to see and do in the hotel complex. Outside furniture would have been good as we stayed in a Grand Room with a huge balcony. The pool area is spectacular on day 1 but soon becomes a normal pool area that can get very busy. Checkout at 11.00am is a sea of people and the wait is 20 minutes which for a 5 star hotel is not up to scratch. I found alot of housekeeping could not speak English so any special requests were greeted with a blank stare. The signature dining venues are outstanding with some of the world leading chefs represented.
Overall, I would stay here again and recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Go for City view as the other side you have the motorway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Dom B, thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Grand Rooms and your dining experiences at our signature restaurants.

With regards to your feedback on our Housekeeping Department as well as your check-out experience, please be assured that I have shared it with the relevant Department Heads for their review and attention.

Thank you again for your feedback. I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Good location - clean and nice view from the room.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at M.B.S. for 4 nights. We travelled from Sydney and were celebrating a wedding anniiversary. We were treated as though we were the only ones staying there. It was hard to believe that all the 2500 rooms were all full. We were lucky enough to get an upgrade to there 42nd floor city facing. Oh the view was just fantastic and we spent many hours just looking out the floor to ceiling windows. M.B.S. also gave us champagne and a lovely cake to celebrate. The concierge were very obliging when asking directions, tourist information and ordering ice and milk to our room. No queues for anything which really surprised me. The hotel is easy to access from public transport and the hop-on-hop-off bus stop and Sentosa bus stop is a bonus being right there too. I would love to stay in this hotel again where every staff member smiled at us. Thankyou M.B.S. for a memorable trip

Room Tip: City view rooms were bigger than bay view rooms on the 42nd floor. Tower three is good to stay in b...
1  Thank Denise H

Dear Denise H, thank you for sharing your positive experience with us. We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am glad that you chose to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us.

Your heartwarming compliments on the service standards of our Concierge Department will be an added boost to the Team’s efforts at creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day. I look forward to your next visit with us to experience more of what our property has to offer!