“Stay and decide fr yourself” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #33 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
On a cruise
“Stay and decide fr yourself”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had heard about how good this hotel was from friends and the reviews on TA are usually very positive overall, but like all hotels it comes down to the individuals own experience. I have to agree with the positive reviews and recommendations of friends, the Sands is an excellent hotel.

My room was very clean and well appointed with a very comfortable bed and large TV. The bathroom was also clean and well designed with everything a 5 star hotel should have.

The staff I encountered we all very friendly and willing to assist whenever required and room service was good and prompt.

I can't fault it for service and comfort and it is a very impressive hotel.

Room Tip: I booked through the phone reservation which was much easier than having to traverse their complicat...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Natalie C
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Natalie C, thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your room amenities. We are delighted to hear that our Team Members succeeded in achieving our goal to provide magnificent experiences for each and every one of our guests’ visits.

I look forward to your next visit at Marina Bay Sands for our one-stop destination of entertainment, shopping and dining!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,134)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights before travelling to Sydney and it was wonderful. The staff are extremely helpful and polite and really want to make your stay enjoyable. The hotel is very clean and the roof top pool and bar is like a calm relaxing oasis. The views from the room and the hotel location was also great and very convenient. If we go back to Singapore we would def stay here again.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your review, Steven C. I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I sincerely appreciate your kind compliments on our friendly Team Members.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our destination has to offer.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The Marina Bay sands is hugely over-rated. The place is enormous and therefore enormously over-crowded. The rooftop pool is a huge attraction, but forget about those pictures that show it near empty. At no point did I see it anything less than rammed! It's a great pool yes, and for obvious reasons guests flock to it. Because of that it feels about as relaxing and pleasant as a public swimming pool. That was hugely disappointing.

The hotel is all bling and glitz which is fine, but if you want a true 5 star experience this hotel cannot offer you that.

Room Tip: If you spend the money to stay here get a room with a city view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Simon J
Dear Simon J, thank you for sharing your comments with us. I regret to hear that you experienced challenges during your recent stay that may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit.

With regards to crowd management, please be assured that we are continuously reviewing our processes for improvement and assessing how best to manage crowds, especially during peak occupancy periods.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future and regain your confidence in us.
Bali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Marina bay sands Singapore. The service was impeccable!!!! The staff went above and beyond to cater for our needs and were so friendly. Best we have received anywhere. The rooms are presented beautifully and are lovely and clean but the view oh the view. It is breathtaking !!!!! Location wise it was great. Nice and close to Raffles, Orchard Rd, Esplanade, singapore Flyer, River tours and bus tours. Highly recommended. Only the raffles hotel comes close.

2 Thank Ranjith F
Dear Ranjith F, thank you for your wonderful review and kind compliments on our Team Members. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room stay as well as the breathtaking views from your room.

I look forward to your next visit at our one-stop destination, perhaps for the opening of Gardens by the Bay in June this year!
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

My wife and I had three nights in this Hotel/Casino complex, before departing Singapore on a cruise ship. We expected exceptional quality and class and were not disappointed. Our room was in Tower 3, and very spacious. Well appointed, and discreetly serviced. We loved the infinity pool complex on the roof of the Hotel, also the shopping complex across the road where the Casino and theatre can also be found. We were surprised to find Wicked was in season, and were able to attend on our middle night, with very good seat selection. Most enjoyable show.
Sure this Hotel is expensive but its value for money, we thought.

Room Tip: We were on the 11th floor, from memory - very adequate. Our view was overlooking the (new) Chinese...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear magic006, I am thrilled to hear that you had the opportunity to experience the multi-dimensional offerings that we have to offer to our valued guests.

I am also happy to hear that our service standards matched your expectations and I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future!
Bintan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Thank you mbs for the great honeymoon experience! We got a free cake on arrival, brout up by the nicest staff i have met! We also got a bottle of wine! Wow! When we got back from a swim to the swimming pool, we saw a beautiful flower arrangement on the bed! Very nice! And the best part is that we never mentioned anything about our honeymoon to anyone during our stay. I just left a small comment about this when i was doing the online registration. My wife and i are very happy to recommend this hotel. Thank you thank you thank you!

Room Tip: Let them know if you have any special occasions. They really took care of us.
1 Thank Nadhir Z
Dear Nadhir Z, thank you for choosing to spend your special ocassion with us at Marina Bay Sands and I appreciate your heartwarming compliments.

I am delighted to hear that our Team members assisted to ensure that your honeymoon with us was a memorable one. It is our goal to create magnificent once-in-a-lifetime experiences for all our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

The check in was a bit of a disaster that took 35mins to complete as they had not cleanded our room at 7:15pm in the evening! However that became a win-fall for us as we were up-graded to a suite, so the room was AMAZING and it really was in every way. This is the hotel to go to if you want to have a big splurge in Singapore but its not a "private" hotel and there are not many areas where a couple can sit on there own. The hotel reminded me of a cruise ship environment except you have to pay for everything and it's quite expensive, especially dinner. There's a shopping centre attached to the complex so you can get meals at local pricing and that makes a big difference. The pool is out of this world and one would probably book this hotel just to have a swim in the pool for the day, unbelievable. I found the breakfast to be just too busy, hard to relax when there's 1,500 people trying to get their eggs (I asked the waiter how many they served on an average day), it's just a very busy place....
I stay in a lot of 5 star hotels around the world for business and pleasure but would I stay here again? NO, there's far better value for the money where the rooms are much cheaper and are perhaps located in better positions. OK you can't beat the view from the pool or if you have a city view room. It might be worthwhile considering doing 2 nights at this hotel and then relocate somewhere else so you have some money left over to spend on other things.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Adrian v
Dear Buzzwald, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I regret to hear that you experienced a delay in your check-in process but I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade to one of our Suites.

In addition to In-Room Dining, we have breakfast options within the hotel lobby at Rise, Fuse and Jin Shan, as well as at Sky on 57 (for Suite guests) and The Club at Marina Bay Sands (for Club Room guests) at the SkyPark. I would also receommend Sweet Spot for a quick bite or Rasapura Masters at The Shoppes as well for some local delights.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more successful stay in the near future!