“Stunning architecture”

Ranked #37 of 312 Hotels in Singapore
melbourne australia
“Stunning architecture”
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed at MBS in April 12 and I was very excited to be staying there but I have to say for the price it doesn't come up to expectation. The property is rated as 5 star but i think it is an exaggeration to be rated as a 4 star.
We were in a suite, the carpet was badly stained, the upholstery was grubby and floors badly marked but when you have almost 100% occupancy why care!!
I thought the pool was fabulous and I loved breakfast in the Sky on 57. It was also an advantage having an MTR station in the property but aside from that I think the property is overpriced for the standard of room.
There are better deals in Singapore

1 Thank suzies1
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear suzies1, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your recent visit with regards to the condition of your room. I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,303)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed here as a family and it was lovely, the pool area was well serviced and cared for, We were in tower one and the rooms were clean and well designed. Only downside was the smell from the toilet area, a very distinct raw sewerage smell. This was temporarily solved the three times we had to mention it. Room service was quick polite and efficient. Restaurant areas were clean well serviced and run, try the top restaurant for breakfast it's not so busy. We had a medical emergency while we were there and the concierge was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Premier rooms are excellent , but check for the smell in the bathroom before unpacking
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Debbie S, thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us here.

I am glad to hear that our Concierge Team Members succeeded in providing personalized service during your medical emergency. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day for our guests by setting standards of service excellence that are unparalleled in Singapore.

With regards to your comment about the smell from your toilet, I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Buckhurst Hill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We arrived tired at 11.30 pm to check in to be told our room was not ready. We had to wait until 1am. The room was good, clean with a fantastic view. We asked for a late check out on our day of departure (which we felt was the least they could do considering the check in fiasco) we were told we could not have this but could use the hospitality suite to shower before we flew. I was given a key to the suite and on opening the door it was filled top to bottom with other guests and no where to even sit. It would seem that marina bay sands is very complacent about the value of it's guests.

Room Tip: The higher floors have a great view
1 Thank Karen L
Dear Karen L, I regret to hear that your recent stay with us was not a complete success due to the delay in your check-in process. However, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the view from your room.

I would like to request for more information regarding your recent experience so that we may focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Campo Grande, MS
Reviewed 1 May 2012

good staff,very attentious,delicious swimming pool and the best view in Singapore!

Room Tip: higher floors,with marina view!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Bishan, singapore
Reviewed 1 May 2012

One word to describe it all is sensational. From the beautiful rooms with a view of the horizon, to the cheery service style, to the magical pool. Everything was SENSATIONAL. Michelle from the concierge was so nice to us. She really showed genuine concern for us when we mentioned that we had misplaced our bag. Hats off to her. I loved the gym. I have never seen a gym like this in my life and trust me i have been around. And the gym was huge. They have a cardio area and then a massive weight training area. They had a early moring yoga class which my wife and i enjoyed very much. When it comes to food, i would suggest that you skip the typical restaurants in the hotel and head down to this foodcourt near esplanade. It is called makan sutra. Here you can try every kind of local asian dish and feel good about not burning a hole in your pocket. Like i said, SENSATIONAL. Will definitely recommend to all our friends.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Kelvin L, I am thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am especially encouraged by your positive comments on our service standards.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your compliments on our Team Member, Michelle from the Concierge Department will most certainly be an added boost to the Team’s efforts at creating once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day.

I am also delighted to hear that you had time to spend at the Banyan Tree Fitness Club and I hope that you and your wife will be back to visit Marina Bay Sands in the near future!
Jakarta
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I couldnt help writing this review after reading one of the earlier reviews. Why would anyone come to a 2500 room hotel looking for "rolex" level service? And i do feel that a number of negative reviews about this hotel are from people who have misjudged this resort. How can somene expect a hotel of this size to function like a hotel with 500 rooms? Thats like expecting your cruise ship to handle like a jet ski. Enjoy this place for what it is - buzzing city resort, with lots of things to do. We saw the wicked musical when we were here last month. We also visited the titanic exhibition in the museum which was amazing. The best part of the exhibition was the massive ice berg that you can touch! They also had a Andy Warhol exhibition. Which was amazing! If you are a singaporean, like us, you get a discount.
The mall has many luxury brands. I did a lot of window shopping, but honestly most of the brands were way above my budget. The kids really loved the ice skating rink. Even though it is not real ice, it is still a lot of fun for the kids.
So if you are looking for a rolex, dont go here. But then again there are Hardly any hotels in singapore, that can provide rolex service. This resort is more like a swiss army knife - there are sooooo many cool things to do. And just when you think that's all - shazam! - there's more stuff to do!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Krishna B, thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear that you had the chance to catch Wicked and I am also thrilled that you enjoyed Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition and Andy Warhol: 15 Minutes Eternal at ArtScience Museum during your recent visit.

Service is a priority for us and service excellence is a continuous journey that each of our Team Members take on with pride and dedication. We continue to listen to our guests’ feedback and refine our processes and service delivery levels to ensure that our guests have a comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer!
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We only stayed for one night, but what a night! From the airport shuttle service to the amazing pool and spectacular views, this is one of the most amazing hotels I have ever stayed in! Service was thoughtful and discrete. There was even a comfort room, so that we could check out, explore Singapore, then return for a shower before our evening flight to Europe. The hotel is a little pricey, but it is well wortht he cost!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with a friend, why not share a club room with two double beds? This includes c...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear JenStar_244, I am heartened to hear that our high service standards left an impressive mark on you. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary airport shuttle as well as your time up on the SkyPark.

I value your patronage and I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.