Marina Bay Sands
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$197
US$284
US$251
Hotels.com
US$340
US$333
  • Restaurant
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$352
US$254
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
24,662 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
Reviewed 27 May 2012

In total this hotel is an amazing experience - huge rooms, very clean, one of a kind pool. We enjoyed the stay. So our total rating is very good, but still there were a few annoyances. On our next visit we will probably try a different hotel.

The free airport shuttle is nice, but hard to find. There is no sign or staff at the terminal, which told us which of the 50 bus slots is the right one. (Hint: at T2 it is slot 13) The hotel website says the bus goes every 30 minutes, but we waited for 1 hour from 6:30-7:30 am.

The hotel lobby felt like a railway station. Crowds of people at all times of the day. For each visit to the front desk you have to stand in line for 10-15 minutes. There is a separate VIP check-in, which also looked crowded.

We arrived on an early flight, and checked in at 8 am. Official check-in time is 3 pm, so we did not mind the waiting time itself, as there is lots of stuff to do on the grounds. However we were asked to check-back if our room is ready early a couple of times, and each time we had to stand in line 10-15 minutes just to know that the room is not ready. Apparently the huge crowds of people are all check-backers clogging up the lobby. Clearly they could do better organizing this.

The pool is outstanding and makes up for most of the annoyances. However the security staff at the pool area made us feel uneasy - especially around the visitor elevator and the bar at the sky terrace. They looked like doormans at a shady night club. At one time we were bullied because we re-entered the pool through an (left-open) back gate.

We had breakfast at Rise and dinner at Ku De Ta Restaurant. The food was good, but too expensive.

Our dinner at Ku De Ta was one of the worst experiences we ever had. We made an order of 5 dishes a la carte - and within 3 minutes of our order all dishes appeared on our table, even before our toast drinks! We intended to have a dinner spread our over 1-2 hours, and now we sat there with all that apparently pre-cooked food getting cold and waiting for our drinks. The staff was chatting and joking with each other in the restaurant area, we felt like in a school cafeteria. The food was very good, but the portions tiny. We left the restaurant after 30 minutes, hungry and with a hefty bill of 210 USD for 5 small dishes and 2 glasses of wine.

The rooms are remarkable - they are spacious, amazing views, modern interior, huge bathroom, free internet, nice bathrooms toiletries.

The staff was always friendly (except from some of the pool staff), but I found it a bit anonymous for this price point. I would have expected them to make this more personal by addressing us by name and at least bring us to the room.

So bottom line - if you never stayed here, you should go at least once and enjoy the views and the pool. It is a remarkable experience. For drinks and food maybe go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Premier Room with City View
2  Thank hitravlr
aacortes, Senior Vice President - Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dear hitravlr, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you encountered during your recent stay with us which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience.

With regards to our Airport Shuttle Service, we have concierge services at the Arrival Halls at Terminal 1 and 2 of Changi Airport. I have also shared your feedback regarding the delay in departure with our Transportation Department for their review.

I regret to learn about your experience with our Security Team Members at the SkyPark and I would like to assure you that our Team Members did not mean to offend nor cause our guests any unnecessary inconvenience. Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with our SkyPark management for their review. I will also convey your comments on KU DÉ TA to their management for their review and appropriate action.

I sincerely appreciate your compliments on our friendly Team Members. We are continuously reviewing our processes for improvement and I hope that you and your partner will allow us another opportunity to welcome you both back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for a more successful stay.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Definitely a landmark in my Singapore trip. The pool, the view, something to look forward to future SIngapore trips. Booking through your website is okey . -ZC and Mato

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

There are not many halaal places. The place was not built with Muslim tourists in mind.

Mostly expensive stores and food. Nothing really out of the ordinary except for architecture and novelty. Practicing Muslim tourists won't swim at the top either.

I rather stay somewhere that feels like local Singapore with access to the mrt and only go to MBS as a place for taking pictures or shopping if I'm interested. The farrer park area is good as its clean and smack in the centre of Singapore with access to public transport and walking distance to the mustaffa centre and local food which is cheap!

The ArtScience museum is nearby which is nice!

Good photo area.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank tinuviel01
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear tinuviel01, thank you for your review. I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent visit to Marina Bay Sands.

I note your feedback on our Halal dining options and have shared the contents of your feedback with our Executive Chef who will review our Halal food menu in order to improve the dining experience for our Muslim guests.

Currently, we do have some Halal options available to our guests. Hotel guests can order Halal food via the In-room dining option. Lau Di Fang at Rasapura Masters serves Halal Scissors-Cut Padang Rice and Pita Pan, located along the waterfront, is a fully vegetarian Mediterranean restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback as it is through communication such as yours that we can continue to improve our products and services.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

My husband and I stayed at Marina Bay Sands for 2 nights in May 2012. This resort is amazing, from the complimentary pick up at the airport, the features, dinning, facilities and staff are all first class. room service was excellent quality and delivered on time! We were also upgraded to a suite with a view from the longe room, bedroom and bathroom. I do suggest booking a suite, but if you can't manage it, you will enjoy the facilities and service equally from a standard room. Many excellent choices for dinning and entertainment. We were impressed with every aspect of this hotel, and amazed at how well a hotel can operate. We will definitely stay at Marina Bay Sands again.

1  Thank janelle016

Thank you for your wonderful review, janelle016. I am thrilled to hear that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay in one of our Suites and that you had the opportunity to experience some of the multi-dimensional offerings at Marina Bay Sands. I am also delighted that our room service exceeded your expectations.

It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences every day for our guests and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us soon for more successful visits!

Reviewed 26 May 2012

SGD500 a night was well worth it at the Marina Bay Sands. The room was immaculate, the check-in process was impeccable. There was even free Internet access. I have been in other similarly starred hotels to know that they would usually charge a princely sum for a simple amenity, but MBS gave this for free. I especially liked the toiletries.

How I wish that money grew on trees; that way, I could come back to this place each and every time I am in Singapore.

1  Thank ChadwickJinShui

Thank you for your wonderful review, ChadwickJinShui. I am happy to learn that you and your partner enjoyed your recent stay with us. There is no greater satisfaction than receiving kind words from a valued guest. I certainly look forward to welcoming you both back to Marina Bay Sands on your next visit to Singapore.