“Busy but enjoyable place!”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #39 of 316 Hotels in Singapore
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Thought we were still in the airport when we arrived at the hotel. Huge lobby, atrium style up to level 20 and with tonnes of visitors. We arrived at the busy hours and the check in counters bear resemblance of the airport immigration counters when several planes had just touched down successively with no organized queue. There were several of their staff scrambling to get the lines in order. They could have put up some queue poles and use these staff to perform the check in function. Saving grace was there were many counters and the lines move pretty fast and we were in the nice upgraded room on level 36 in 15 minutes - amazing! The female receptionist was friendly and gave us an upgrade to a city facing room. The view was really breathtaking overlooking the city and the Singapore River. Different type of feel between the day and night scenary but equally astonishing. Room deco was typical of the modern day hotel. Contemporary and modern in the design and furniture used. State of the room was obvious of heavy usage and constant occupancy. The integrated resort offered complimentary internet access - very nice touch! The pool in the sky garden lived up to its reputation but kinda of small with the high volume of people. Good for dipping but not swimming. Had a meal in Wolfgang Puck and loved it - superb service and good food. There were many other food options and there was also a food court in the shopping mall offering local food. Breakfast in the lobby was busy as well but extensive selection of food and friendly staff. All in all, as many of the other reviewers had felt, if you are in for action and are not after the boutique style of service, the amazing set-up, nice and friendly staff and with some luck in the casino, you will enjoy this resort as much as we do! We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Room facing city!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Thank you for your review, stevenc_1971.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade in one of our city-view rooms.
Please be assured that I will share your comment on our room amenities with the relevant Department Heads for their review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at CUT. We have a variety of world-class dining options available to cater to our guests from all over the world.

I value your patronage and I look forward to your visit next year to experience more of what our property has to offer!

There are newer reviews for Marina Bay Sands

Reviewed 3 June 2012

The room located at a high floor with panoramic city view is magnificent, sharing a bottle of champagne in front of window overlooking the Singapore river is truly exciting.

It is the best choise for couples for enjoy the moment in Singapore.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear WLWilliam,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the magnificent city views from your room and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us at Marina Bay Sands for more memorable stays!

Reviewed 2 June 2012

The room was very spacious and comfortable which was perfect for me as I spent time working in the hotel when not at the office. Room service excellent. Definitely a place to live in luxury with an amazing roof top pool. From a location perspective it took me about half an hour to walk from the the CBD to the hotel. The one down side was the check out where my request for separate billing was not completed properly. On my next trip to Singapore I will stay somewhere closer to the CBD.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you for your review and compliments on our room service, fort-ham.

I am happy to share that the opening of Bayfront MRT earlier this year has made the commute to and from Marina Bay Sands more convenient for our guests. Many of our guests also enjoy taking the Water Taxi across the river which departs from ArtScience Museum regularly.

I have taken note of your feedback regarding billing and we will be sure to review our processes to prevent reoccurrences and to ensure that our guests’ needs are accommodated promptly.

I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Newly built and extremely large hotel. Nicely decorated rooms with good beds, nice view and very large bathrooms.

We spent most of our time like many others, up in the pool where you get a stunning view of Singapore and also good cocktails ;-)

The only problem is the service, when you run a large hotel you have a lot of personell and at MBS some of them are very service minded, some of them shoudn't even work at MacDonalds.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear daltondhcp, I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Sands SkyPark and that you found the room amenities to your liking.

With regards to your comments on our service standards, please be assured that service is a priority for us and we continue to listen to our guests’ feedback and refine our processes and service delivery levels.

I value your patronage and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to stay with us soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Apart from must have a city-view room, the ground level seem like it is just like shopping mall and reception desks do not give the feeling that you will own a room, just like registering for something. Too many ppl going coming around the way even non-guests also as the Ku De Ta at the top can be reachable to the public through the same elevators (Note despite the elevators are operated by using hotel guest key card, many ppl just jump and go up )

The only very good thing about the hotel is : the infinity pool and its view - must see it day time and also when the sun goes down then at night. The pool could be deeper as to give the infinity feeling with separate children part.

The pool food menu is very poor, and not delicous. All the stuff is very helpfull, friendly. overall hotel cleanness is great.

Room Tip: Tower 3 has more views - especially Singapore flyier also. 34th floor is junction point -it is a bit...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank JaggerMeister

Dear JaggerMeister, thank you for your review.

I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us. Marina Bay Sands is a bustling hive of activity that is an appeal to many of our visitors.

KU DÉ TA is indeed open to members of the public and is accessible via the Lift Lobby at Tower 3. I also regret to hear that you did not enjoy our poolside menu. I have shared your feedback with our Chef for his review.

I turly appreciate your compliments on our helpful Team Members. I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I will NOT repaet all exciting moments we had during our stay (they are the same as in other reviews). Just list the main pro and contra.
NEGATIVE issues:
1) BAD reservation online system. we are 4 people. and I couldn't make one reservation for 2 rooms. The system put us in one room. I had 2 weeeks corespondence to solve it. at the final I cancel the reservation and made 2 different reservation.
2)During check in they put us to the different levels - 49 and 35 - it was NOT very convenient as the guys held 35-level-room entry card could NOT go to 49 level by lift. so we need to agreed in advance where to meet or went together.
3) during check in the front-desk manager instead of verification of the deposit charged my debit card. I'm still waiting for returning my cash back (2 weeks left). Hope all will be all right. Be caution.
4) they brought all luggage in one room (we asked they to separate)
5) the position of the hotel NOT very good for using MRT. It's situated on new Circle one (there are 5-10 minutes intervals between the trains - not so often). So we preferred to take a taxi. (it's more convenient if You go to Sentosa or Jurong bird park.)
6) visiting Observation deck is NOT necessary if You have City view room or have breakfast near the pool.
7) The channel in the shopping centre (and the shopping area) in Macao is better then in Singapore
We liked:
1) City view - amazing
2) Service - all is quickly

Room Tip: City view Club level rooms
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear lonelyapart, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am disappointed to learn that you experienced challenges during your stay that may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit. I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

The hotel is massive, but generally the service did not seem to suffer. The views are great, the rooms slightly disappointing. The food and beverages are expensive as you would expect in a 5 star hotel. The shopping mall and casino mean you really dont need to leave the comfort of the air-conditioning, except perhaps to try the magnificent pool on the roof top. I was woken up twice in the middle of the night, once at 3 am with my lost laundry being returned (they could have waited until the morning for heavens sake) and once with a call from reception which turned out to be a wrong number. Also there were people smoking on my floor even though it was a no smoking hotel/floor. Its not a Mandarin Oriental or even a Shangri-La level of comfort and service, but for a conference or a family weekend its pretty good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FruitTrader

Thank you for your review, FruitTrader.

I am concerned to learn about the interruptions you experienced during your recent stay with us. This is certainly not reflective of the high service standards we strive to achieve here at Marina Bay Sands.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.