Thought we were still in the airport when we arrived at the hotel. Huge lobby, atrium style up to level 20 and with tonnes of visitors. We arrived at the busy hours and the check in counters bear resemblance of the airport immigration counters when several planes had just touched down successively with no organized queue. There were several of their staff scrambling to get the lines in order. They could have put up some queue poles and use these staff to perform the check in function. Saving grace was there were many counters and the lines move pretty fast and we were in the nice upgraded room on level 36 in 15 minutes - amazing! The female receptionist was friendly and gave us an upgrade to a city facing room. The view was really breathtaking overlooking the city and the Singapore River. Different type of feel between the day and night scenary but equally astonishing. Room deco was typical of the modern day hotel. Contemporary and modern in the design and furniture used. State of the room was obvious of heavy usage and constant occupancy. The integrated resort offered complimentary internet access - very nice touch! The pool in the sky garden lived up to its reputation but kinda of small with the high volume of people. Good for dipping but not swimming. Had a meal in Wolfgang Puck and loved it - superb service and good food. There were many other food options and there was also a food court in the shopping mall offering local food. Breakfast in the lobby was busy as well but extensive selection of food and friendly staff. All in all, as many of the other reviewers had felt, if you are in for action and are not after the boutique style of service, the amazing set-up, nice and friendly staff and with some luck in the casino, you will enjoy this resort as much as we do! We will be back next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, Expedia, Southall Travel, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore