“Marina Bay "fantastico" Resort Singapore”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #41 of 317 Hotels in Singapore

"Just do it"

Get the best room you can facing the city and just do it. Its a once in a life time experience - yes its expensive but it is worth it!

Having lived in Singapore 15 years ago as an expaxt in somewhat lesser accommodation and now seeing the changes it was fantastic to spend Easter over there going to Santosa and Universal Studio's, the Casino, Zoo, Shopping etc etc - it was a really nice short break.

Marina Bay Sands - we had a Grand room - middle tower on the 38th floor city facing and it was grand to say the least. Be careful with the fridge in the room as it has electronic sensors so if you move anything from it - it is automatically charged to your account whether you drink it or not.

Singapore is a very very expenive city so if you want alcohol make sure you take duty free - if you like to drink wine its probably best to forget buying it up there.

Of course the Raffles is a must for the Singapore Sling (probably the only drink which has kept its price for the past 20 years) - shop at Raffles City and Little India for good high end items.

Singapore is great for a short break and from time to time worth going back to check it out. Of course Clarke Quay restaurants are fab for a great dinner. Shangi airport rocks - no matter which terminal you are at. enjoy!

Room Tip: Middle Tower
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Laguna-7, thank you for your delightful review.

I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable vacation on your recent trip back to Singapore and I am glad that you had a pleasant stay in one of our Grand Rooms.

With regards to our sensor-operated mini-bar refrigerators, they have been implemented as a form of billing convenience for mini-bar consumption. Guests are welcome to request for the mini-bar to be cleared, either for self-storage convenience or to avoid unnecessary charges incurred.

Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you and your partner back to Singapore in the near future to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.

Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

When my colleague arrived at 2 pm, we queued to checkin and it took about 20 mins. He was then managed to checkin but the room wasn't ready until 3 pm so we decided to go to Skypark for a walk. They said will call us back in 3 pm. We waited till 315, no One called and we decided to go to concierge to check on the status . We were then advised to queue again and the queue was ridiculous lOng! No one is helping us after our explanation but just ask us to queue . We then waited for 45 mins b4 we get our room at 4 pm. The service is extremely bad. I will never recOmmend anyOne to stay here! Worst hotel ever!

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Cheery66
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Cheery66, I am concerned to learn that you and your partner experienced challenges during your check-in process that may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit.

This is not the standards we wish to adhere at Marina Bay Sands. I would like to request for your stay details for us to look into the specifics.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Excellent hotel. Amazing hospitality.If you are going to singapore ,then Marina Bay Snads shows you what is Singaproe? its a city in Itself.Amazing rooms & views & Sky park is unbeleivable.

Room Tip: Grand Room.Superb
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear abjadav, I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the spectacular views of Singapore from the Sands SkyPark.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Fantastic rooms with top notch free WiFi, however many annoying things:
1. check-in: even tough I used their online pre-check-in and then again used their on-shuttle-bus check-in, it took ages to get the room key. A big queue formed behind me when the check-in staff (at the 'express' check-in) registered my details (I thought I pre-registered and pre-checked in twice; online and on the shuttle bus?). He was typing so much he must have written a short novel! It took forever - very disappointing. The lobby is one big train station with hundreds of people queueing everywhere.
2. stayed in a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor and the whole floor as well as the room stank from cigarette smoke. I could not bother too complain and change the room as I did not want to go through the whole check-in procedures (I only stayed one night).
3. you cannot use the fridge unless you buy from the hotel - as soon as you pick-up anything you will get charged (even if you put it back again). It is electronically registered which means you cannot buy anything from outside and place it into your fridge.
4. Sky Pool: amazing experience but still very disappointing: too crowded and too many visitors walking around. Difficult to get a lounger. Pool food was good though.
5. Location: there is nothing besides the hotel (and all its facilities, shops, etc.)
Try it once for the experience. I doubt they have many regulars.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank BKK-George

Dear BangkokGeorge, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I regret to learn about the challenges you experienced upon check-in and with your room which may have marred your otherwise pleasant experience with us.

We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in process, particularly during peak periods and weekends. Rest assured that we will continue to review other ways to improve our guest check-in experiences.

With regards to the smell of smoke in your room, I have shared your feedback with our Housekeeping Department Heads for their review and appropriate action.

Our sensor-operated mini-bar refrigerators have been implemented as a form of billing convenience for mini-bar consumption. Guests are welcome to request for the mini-bar to be cleared, either for self-storage convenience or to avoid unnecessary charges incurred.

The comfort of our product and environment we offer to our valued guest are important to us and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.

This hotel is amazing,and busy.After pickup at the airport we arrived in 20 min
Upon checking in we were upgraded to a large suite with access to the Club
Our cases arrived extremely prompt considering the large number of arriving guests
It took a little time to work out the lifts but always friendly staff to assist
The views from the top of the hotel and the pool are sensational
Our three and a half day stay ends tonight, but we will return next year.
The staff at the club were so helpful and obliging
If it appeared expensive the service and facilities make it affordable
Cheers

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Lynpj, I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your room upgrade to one of our Suites.

Thank you for your kind words on the service standards of our Team Members. I am delighted to hear that they assisted to accommodate your needs to ensure that you and your partner had a warm and comfortable stay.

I look forward to welcome you both back to Marina Bay Sands for more memorable experiences!

Reviewed 3 June 2012

We booked Marina Bay Sands (MBS from here on end) from the Agoda website 2 months in advance. It stated there if we could have preferences that would accompany our booking, I listed two: higher floors, and even numbered rooms if possible.

A shuttle from the airport was conveniently provided for MBS guests --a huge plus being that the airport was a bit far away. Upon checking in (which was at 3PM; by far the latest check-in I have ever encountered), none of the preferences I asked for were given. We stayed in Tower 3, in one of the deluxe rooms. Tower 3 was divided into two sections: 1-34st floor, and 34th floor up. Thinking that we booked months in advance, I thought we would at least be part of the latter floors. After learning that we were going to be staying at a floor below the 10th, we just made the most out of it.

The room had two beds instead of a King bed, and both had amazing sheets and pillows. It was incredibly easy to adjust to these beds; they were soft and very comfortable. Wi-fi access was easy to connect to, and the bathroom had all the amenities of a 5-star luxury hotel. One of the "flaws" of the bathroom though was that it was one of those modern-type of bathrooms where in locks were non existent. I guess it's just a matter of trusting your travel companion to give you privacy. The room was very clean. Since we were only staying a night, we did not know if they would clean it religiously the day after. Top of the line tea and coffee were given as complimentary items, however no breakfast was included in the SGD440/per night price.

One complaint would be the on-going construction that you could clearly see from the view of the room. I guess that is why people said to ask for even numbered rooms, because the construction was visible from our odd-numbered one. Given that MBS boasts a nice view given their nice location, one would assume that this luxury was to be provided for all the rooms.

A plus, on the other hand, would be its direct access to "The Shoppes". This served to be of the greatest convenience for us as we found ourselves going back and forth this attached mall. The kopitiam at The Shoppes, as well as the stores for shopping proved to be of great help in completing the souvenirs needed for home.

The famous infinity pool of MBS will leave you breathless as it really is as good as advertised. The only downside would be that it will really be populated with people given the number of rooms and guests of the hotel, and getting lounge chairs would mean lurking the pool area for a few minutes. Service is a problem, again because of the number of guests --but, this shouldn't be a case since MBS is a 5-star hotel that should provide top notch service.

All in all, I think that Marina Bay Sands is just one of those hotels that you need to cross of your Singapore bucket list. The location of the hotel is superb, as well as the amenities of the room. However, for the amount that you pay for (SGD440 for just a deluxe room), I believe that there are other hotels worth trying out in the Sentosa area. Any business is only as good as its weakest link, and it saddens me to say that the weakest aspect of MBS is the service. Again, MBS is a bucket list hotel that has a nice mall and even nicer infinity pool + skypark.

Room Tip: Reserve with hotel directly Higher floors Book months in advanced (2months not enough, apparently...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank filipinotraveler21

Dear filipinotraveler21, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback.

I regret to learn about the service shortfalls that you experienced during your recent stay with us.
Please allow me to clarify that selected room types are subject to availability upon check-in and we do our best to accommodate our guests to their preferred room types when we have the rooms available.

Service has always been a priority to Marina Bay Sands and we are continuously reviewing ways to fine-tune our service delivery processes especially during high occupancy periods to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points. We recognize that service excellence is a continuous journey for us and it is a task that we take with pride and dedication at all levels.

Thank you again for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication such as yours that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. I hope to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a more successful stay.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

Thought we were still in the airport when we arrived at the hotel. Huge lobby, atrium style up to level 20 and with tonnes of visitors. We arrived at the busy hours and the check in counters bear resemblance of the airport immigration counters when several planes had just touched down successively with no organized queue. There were several of their staff scrambling to get the lines in order. They could have put up some queue poles and use these staff to perform the check in function. Saving grace was there were many counters and the lines move pretty fast and we were in the nice upgraded room on level 36 in 15 minutes - amazing! The female receptionist was friendly and gave us an upgrade to a city facing room. The view was really breathtaking overlooking the city and the Singapore River. Different type of feel between the day and night scenary but equally astonishing. Room deco was typical of the modern day hotel. Contemporary and modern in the design and furniture used. State of the room was obvious of heavy usage and constant occupancy. The integrated resort offered complimentary internet access - very nice touch! The pool in the sky garden lived up to its reputation but kinda of small with the high volume of people. Good for dipping but not swimming. Had a meal in Wolfgang Puck and loved it - superb service and good food. There were many other food options and there was also a food court in the shopping mall offering local food. Breakfast in the lobby was busy as well but extensive selection of food and friendly staff. All in all, as many of the other reviewers had felt, if you are in for action and are not after the boutique style of service, the amazing set-up, nice and friendly staff and with some luck in the casino, you will enjoy this resort as much as we do! We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Room facing city!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review, stevenc_1971.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room upgrade in one of our city-view rooms.
Please be assured that I will share your comment on our room amenities with the relevant Department Heads for their review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience at CUT. We have a variety of world-class dining options available to cater to our guests from all over the world.

I value your patronage and I look forward to your visit next year to experience more of what our property has to offer!