Marina Bay Sands
US$290
US$223
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$191
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$116
US$332
Mandarin Oriental
  • Restaurant
US$284
US$251
Agoda.com
Carlton Hotel Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$161
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$182
US$146
  • Breakfast included
24,633 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I'm a Singaporean and I bring my family for hotel staycation regularly. I must say that Marina Bay Sands Hotel is the worst experience I had. And I must say that it is a disgrace to the country.

I reached the hotel at 2.45 hrs and waited at the VIP lounge until 3.30 pm for me turn. There were not many people in front of me in the queue but the checking in process was just horrendously long. The receptionist took about 20 min per customer. That was not the worst. I was told that my room was not ready (even when the checking in time was supposed to be 3 pm) and it would only be ready after 1.5 hours. The receptionist then offered to give me a guest room while I wait. I appreciated that as we were carrying a few bags and I have a 10 month old infant with me. To my horror, the guest room was a shared room and there were 6 persons inside. There were no enough sofas for us all to sit hence I had to go to the balcony. There was also a Thai man who was sick, lying on a sofa. I really pity him as he was there before we came in. At 4.30 pm, I could not wait any more and I went back to the reception to ask for my room. To my horror (again), the receptionist asked me to queue all over again (which meant another 45 mins of waiting)! I refused to as I told him that I had already he checked in, I merely wanted to get my room keys. He grudgingly served me and gave me the keys.

We then walked all over the hotel to find our room. There was nobody to direct us. The receptionist also did not show us the direction when I collected my keys. When i asked a lady for direction, she pointed in some general direction which led us to the wrong tower, carrying all our bags and my baby girl. It took us 20 min to get to the right room.

We finally reached our suite at 5 pm. And the sick Thai man was still in the guest room waiting for his room to be ready. When I reached the suite, it was a huge disappointment. The room was plain for a five star hotel. The room was also not properly cleaned. There were rubber bands and bits of papers on the floor. The carpet near the washroom was also damp. The worst was, there was no capsules for coffee maker! So I called room service to ask for a full set of capsules. A Chinese-national came with three capsules, did not say a word and left. A full set should have 6 capsules. I am not picky with the number of capsules but the service was just too terrible especially when I was staying in a suite and that was supposed to be VIP priority service! So I called room service again to ask for a full set, the lady over the phone said "I have told them to send the capsules to you already". I said a man did gave me the capsules but I expected a full set. She started to sound unhappy and said she would ask the man to deliver to me again in a sarcastic tone. When the (same) man came, I showed him the empty box and I said (in english) that I want a full set, he replied in Chinese "that is not my responsibility, I only deliver goods" and walked away. The was TERRIBLE!

At 7 pm, we realised that the receptionist did not give us the document stating our privileges so we went down to ask for it only to realize that we were entitled to a complimentary tea and also cocktail which we both missed. I made a complain at 8 pm and the manager compensated us with $100 worth of in-room dining.

All in all, it was a terrible experience and I will never go back there again. My experience at Fairmount, M Hotel, Amara Sanctuary Resort, Oriental Hotel etc. are much much better.

What really put me off was the terrible service. The hotel used too many Chinese-nationals who were rude and they do not speak English. I have nothing again the Chinese-nationals in general but the ones I had contact with in MBS were just not up to the job.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank BugandHun
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear Buggy H, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am concerned to learn that you and your family did not enjoy your recent staycation with us. We want to focus on the specific areas to improve on and would like to request for information from you.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights and found it very hard to fault, other than very busy.
From the complimentry bus trip from the airport on which they did a patial check in which made checking in a breeze to the room that was huge with great views.
we had a Orchid suite room with views of the city from one side and the sea which was on the other "very nice"
The hotel resturants were nice but we choose to eat out for supper which is always a pleasure in singapore.
Check out is made easy with their express checkout and once again used the complimentry bus to the airport.
A lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review, BruceBruce13.

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in one of our Orchid Suites and had a smooth check-in and check-out. Marina Bay Sands is indeed a bustling hive of activity and there is a definite buzz as you walk around the property.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Book a night to celebrate my wife birthday last year. Since I am using corporate rate, the price was reasonable and I topped up for a city view. Requested a higher floor but instead I got a middle floor instead which is kinda disappointing. The check-in experience was reasonable good, the counter staff speak good english and generally friendly throughout the session but kinda of slow in processing. Nevertheless, My little girl is entertained and happy when she was given a stalk of flower.
The room is clean and tidy which is what I am expecting since it is new and supposedly a high-end hotel. We went to the sky pool and disappointed that we are unable to swim due to rain but even without the rain, the pool is extremely crowded. Instead we stroll around the pool and park to capture the excellent view of Singapore skyline. But everywhere is full of people which I think kinda of expected given the size of the hotel and its attraction.
The only other complain I have is the food. I have experience not good food during attending events at the convention center but I still give it a try for its breakfast (which does not comes with the room package but require TOP UP!) but ended up very disappointed with its spread and quality given the price we pay for it.

The pillows and bed are generally comfortable and at least I got good nite sleep.

Anyway .. my family and I still enjoy the stay with the excellent City View

Room Tip: City View and Higher Floor is a MUST!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Dear DracoLam, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are always delighted to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am glad to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable birthday celebration with us last year.

I regret to learn that our breakfast spread did not meet your expectations. Rest assured that I have shared your feedback with our Executive Chef for his attention.

Thank you again for your review. I hope to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon for more memorable experiences.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I don't know how someone can call it an Amazing Hotel,It has tobe who paid nothing for their rooms that is why they have to write somthing nice. you really have tobe there to experiences it ,Lobby looks like A Railway Station and it took my friends more then an hour to get their rooms when the check in time was at 3 they did not even get into their room till after 4pm,
and Omg the infinity pool is like being in a public pool nothing like the pictures i see where there is maybe 5-6 people in the pool being the sunday give and take you might have 20-25 people but NO it was like 50-60 the only nice about this hotel is the Rooms and the View from the room and watching the Lazer Show, everything else is a NO NO

Room Tip: It is not worth your money the hotels in Vegas are worth your money ,so if you Gamble stay in a another hotel and just go MBS for Gambling it might be worth your money.They will at least greet you by your name and not DO YOU HAVE YOUR CARD , DO YOU HAVE YOUR CARD
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Monika C

Dear Monika C, I am disappointed to learn that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us.

I apologize for the delay and inconvenience during check-in to our Hotel. We are continuously looking at ways to improve the check-in process, particularly during peak periods and weekends, and implemented initiatives such as adding counters for check-in in various areas of the lobby and reviewing the systems for improvement.

Rest assured that we are continuously reviewing other ways to better manage the crowds on property to ensure that our guests have a warm and comfortable stay.

Thank you again and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you and your friends back to Marina Bay Sands in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2012

Need to wait till 3pm to check in.
They claimed to give me a free upgrade - to 5th floor.
Club rooms are meant to be high floor and they gave me a suite on 5th floor. 3rd building on the other side of the complex. When i got to the room 523 it was a normal standard room. small room and worse thing it was still unmade. i was forced to walk all the way back to reception(tower 1) and after my complaint about getting a standard low level room she some how came up with a club room which i ordered and which she said there was no more club rooms before.
I was discusted to hear this as i was lied to twice before i settled in.
After i got in the room was as i wanted it to be even though i expected it to be on a higher floor after spending over $900 for it.
On check out i asked for the manager who i spoke to . He listened and claimed i was lying as the computer said i was meant to get room 525. I said this is impossible as i was told 523 and 523 was written on the card .
I said i want to make him aware of the problems with his staff and he just smiled. i said lets just leave it there and check me out. The manager walked off and started serving another customer who does not even seem to need any help. I waited there for 10 mins before asking a member of staff on the next counter to check if he is checking me out. He obviously wasnt and adding to the poor teams customer service experience. I guess this is what you would expect from a rip off dont care team.
He finished chatting to the customer before coming back to check me out.
Normal customer service would be dealing first come first serve. He obviously does not have that skill to be customer service or even a manager.
It took another 5 mins to check out and give me the deposit back. This poor so called manager is called Yong Ming.
As i left the table i asked another staff member for a person higher than him as i was furious with the service. He called over the Front Office Manager who said he will deal with it.. i still have not heard from him till today. 1 week ago.

Room Tip: Make sure you check the website for the room you want and see the photos first before they make you check in to a downgraded room. make sure you fight for the room you paid for as its not a cheap room in the first place
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Chi1976
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Chi1976, I am disappointed to learn about the challenges you experienced during your visit.

Your experience is not the standard we wish to adhere here at Marina Bay Sands.

I would like to request for more information from you so that we are better able to focus on specific areas to improve on. I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.