As frequent visitors to Singapore, we wanted to try out the MBS during a family holiday. We normally stay for business and pleasure at the St. Regis or Hilton on Orchard Road. We booked 3 rooms about 6 months in advance and expressively requested connecting rooms as our children are still young. Despite confirmation by the hotel, the requested rooms were not available at check in. The receptionist did not really know what to do and asked her supervisor to help. After a whole lot of discussion during which we were offered different rooms which were all not connecting, they offered us to stay in one of the suites on the 51st floor. This was a nice gesture and admittedly way over the top. It was a 2 bedroom suite with large living room, kitchen, fitness and massage room and two large ensuite bathrooms.this all with great views across the city. These are the kind of suites where high rollers are put up during their visit to the casino. After a total check in duration of 3 hours, we did accept this room for our 3 night stay.
The hotel itself is beautiful albeit rather impersonal. This applies from the check in through to departure and it does feel a bit like an airport. The Skypark with the large infinite swimming pool is impressive with views across Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. The pool is however heavily used both by hotel guests and external visitors who pay 30 SGD as entry fee. This makes it rather crowded and dirty at times. The pool is therefore a good one off experience, but does not warrant a long term stay in the hotel.
Overall, we found our stay in MBS a very pleasant one due to the significant upgrade. On our next visit, we will probably choose for one of the Orchard Road precinct hotels as they are better located from the favourite Singapore pastime: shopping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Odigeo, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore