“It was great.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #34 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Manila, Philippines
“It was great.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights. Our check in was very smooth. We went up our room and after few minutes, our luggages was delivered immediately. The room was good. Bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was great. It's wifi everywhere and it's free. It is so huge complex where you can do shopping, there are a lot of high end stores, many restaurants and convention center. We watched Chorus Line.

We went swimming and it was very crowded. Try the Singapore sling. I order it every night.

I will bring my kids here and I'm sure they will love it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Janederm
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 12 August 2012
Thank you for your great review, Janederm.

I am happy to hear that you had a smooth check-in process and that you had the opportunity to catch The Chorus Line at The Sands Theater.

With effect from November 2011, our Hotel guests have been able to enjoy complimentary internet at Marina Bay Sands.

With regards to the management of crowds at the SkyPark, please be assured that we have taken the steps to incorporate feedback to ensure the privacy of our hotel guests. One of our ongoing initiatives has been to offer daily guided tours to our Observation Deck visitors to view the Pool and the Gardens at 10am, 2pm and 9pm.

I look forward to your next visit with us at Marina Bay Sands with your loved ones and I hope that they will enjoy all the multi-dimensional offerings that we have at our one-stop destination.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,135)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

We had a one night stopover in Singapore whilst on our honeymoon and I desperately wanted to swim in the infinity pool. Alas, our flight didn't arrive until late and whilst we had 27 hours in the country, I wasn't sure if we would be allowed to use the pool after we had to check out the following day. I shouldn't have worried as when we checked in and they discovered we were a honeymoon couple, they upgraded our room, gave us extra late check out plus a pass to use the facilities until our flight at 11pm the following night. They also gave us free breakfast and then sent up chocolate dipped strawberries and the most delicious bottle of champagne (actual champagne too!) to our room just after we checked in. The room was fabulous and the bathroom was divine. Best bathtub ever. Wish we had have stayed longer. Love this place!

Room Tip: Getting a room that faces the city makes for divine views.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for your fantastic review, Kristy W.

It is a pleasure to hear that you and your partner had a great stay with us and I am glad that you enjoyed your room upgrade. It is our goal to create once-in-a-lifetime experiences everyday for our guests, especially during our guests’ special occasions.

I hope to welcome you both back to Marina Bay Sands in the future for a longer stay to experience more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Landmark of Singapore, a must see place ! But is not a must live place

The hotel ist extremely big, and has aproximately the charme of an airport terminal :-) There are a lot of turists from outside, visiting the hotel, I had the feeling, I am in a shopping mall or an airport... The staff is nice but absolutely overwhelmed in some cases... It shall be a 5 star hotel with 5 star service... ( was extremely expensive)... nobody helped us taking out luggage from taxi, nobody opened the door (not automatic), nobody tried to help us carrying our luggage inside the lobby. At the reception long queue, but was fast. reception guy very nice and polite, he organized to send our luggage into the room, what took more than 30 min :-) They must have often such problem , because i got later 3 times (!!) a call from recepion if i got my luggage or not :-)

We shall not forget, this is a 2500 room hotel, (was fully booked), and I can understand that in peak time the staff may have problems to serve guests in a high level. Positive thing is that they are making big efforts to improve their service

Roof pool is very spectacular and is a memorable moment to be there. But very busy, to many people, can not swim at all, and is hard to get a free beach lie.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable, we had a city view room, amazing panorama, one of the best i ever had. Bathroom big and good.

The hotel is very very big, they are long distances to walk. Once i forgot my camera in the room, I just refused to go back, cause very far away :-)

getting a taxi no problem, checkout was fast

MBS is a spectacular hotel, I am happy to be able to say, yes, I was there. But will definetely not go back again, I am expecting much more from a 5 star hotel. I can not imagine to make a holiday there

Room Tip: take a city view room !
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank paulwien1
Dear paulwien1, I regret learn about the challenges you experienced which may have marred your otherwise pleasant visit. Please be assured that your recent experience is not the standard we wish to adhere to at Marina Bay Sands.

I have sent you a private message and I look forward to hearing from you so that we can investigate and improve on the details that you have provided feedback on. Thank you.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Despite spending S$400plus for a night stay at the Premier Room last week, we were very disappointed by the service offered from the rude staff!

First, checking in process was quite smooth. We reached the hotel at around 4pm, although there was a little wait at the Front Desk, the Front Office staff (Anne) was friendly and apologetic while trying hard to get us a room.

About the room, it falls below our expectations. The view wasn't fantastic and lacks the 'premium' feel. Furthermore, we understand that the hotel wanted to personalize their guests' experience, but, they got the other guest's name for the greeting shown on the TV screen for the whole stay.. Personalised touch - ruined.

We ordered room service and the service and food were good. Late at night, we called the concierge for a couple of bath towels and it was delivered shortly after. Thank you for that! :)

The next morning, 2 of us went to the Skypark with 1 keycard. However, WE WERE DENIED ENTRY! The security staff (MICHAEL) insisted that 1 keycard only entitles 1 guest to enter. But, the night before we entered using 2 keycards for 3 persons!! And he kept questioning about our age, doubting us when we already answered him. Not wanting to make a big fuss and spoil our mood, we decided to go back to our room and take the other card. While waiting for the lift, he called us back, "Hey!" and filled in a 'Incidental Report' in front of us, stating 1 of us forgot to bring the keycard before he allowed us access to the pool. After about an hour while we were leaving, MICHAEL called us from the back, "Hey You!" (with the hand sign like calling a DOG) and questioned us AGAIN about our age!! We answered him again and he kept on questioning! This is INTOLERABLE, OFFENSIVE and ANNOYING!!

I would strongly suggest the hotel to train their staff how to greet a guest before anything else. This is such a basic thing yet it is not achieved. It is really disappointing to get this from a 5* star with the amount we pay. The rudeness of staff MICHAEL completely ruins our impression and experience in MBS..

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank wanzz
Dear wanzz, I am disappointed to hear about the challenges you experienced which may have marred your otherwise pleasant stay. Please be assured that your recent experience is not the standard we wish to adhere to at Marina Bay Sands.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

This hotel sure offers great views, your room will either have nice cityview or the latest marina bay gardens which was opened recently. We've stayed in both before and the views are really magnificant. Also, the hotel's service has definitely improved a lot since their initial openings. We stayed there a couple of times since their openings and I remembered waiting for more than 30 mins for my car to be driven from their valet carpark, now it's pretty fast.

We love their buffet lunch and dinner spread. Their laksa, cold crab, dessert spread which includes my girl's favorite chocolate fondant, are some great choices! It's usually crowded, so good to start your feast early.

Their swimming pool is crowded every time we use it and we always feel that we are at a public pool. The only way to avoid the crowd is to swim early in the morning or late at night. We did it once early in the morning, around 8am and there's just a handful of swimmers, however, the water was a bit too cold for my girl and she had to keep moving to keep warm.

Overall, it is still a nice hotel to stay in, especially when you will be spoilt for choice for food & dining at the Marina bay sands shoppes.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shawn_Ng, Senior Hotel Manager at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 8 August 2012
Dear Lynn_Sin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. I am delighted to hear that our service standards have improved and I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our buffet spread.

We understand that the infinity pool is a popular choice for our hotel guests to wind down, and the privacy of our guests is of highest priority to us. As such, we have implemented an initiative to limit the number of public visitors viewing the infinity pool during 15-minute guided tours at 10am, 2pm and 9pm daily.

I value your patronage and I hope to welcome you and your loved ones back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future for more successful experiences.
Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Stayed in this complex last 2 days of July 2012. Booked hotel through nett, and at check in no problems at all. Was booked into tower 3, but reception upgraded us to Premium room level 17 in tower 2. Looking at city view of a night time, wow.
Could not fault a thing with this hotel, we used room service, restaurant quality. Bathroom (I am a plumber) was unbelievable, with fantastic free tanding bath.
The fly bridge to the Gardens on the Bay was a little confusing to connect to throught th hotel, but no big deal.
Sky deck up top was the ultimate. Fantastic pool, bars and view. Some people have written about the foyer being a zoo. Admittedly there were hundreds of people about. We got out of a taxi, were immediatly met by staff, our luggage was tagged straight away, and we were ushered in side and directed to check in. In our room within 20 minutes, with luggage 5 minutes behind us.
On check out we were met in foyer by a staff member with an I pad, who promptly brought up our bill, we confirmed it, and as they already had our C/C details the bill was completed and e-mailed to us.
We didn't even have to approach a desk! Luggage was stored away as well, as we had an evening flight.
Absolutely no issues from any areas, and we were on our way.
This is a classic example of today's technology being used to make customer service 5 star.

Room Tip: Ask for complementry upgrade and see where it gets you....
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Dear SomwehereInTheWorld,

Thank you for your great review. I am happy to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us and that our service standards matched your expectations.

I am glad that you experienced a prompt check-out by our mobile guest service agents. Marina Bay Sands also offers other convenient express check-out options such as express check-out and in-room TV check-out.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Fourth stay since opening. I like the atmosphere of the hotel and the ability to now go downstairs to the MRT. The staff are all good and throughly enjoyed my stay. The fitness centre is good and functional, the pool is great. it was quite busy one day and the only negative was that it waas hartd to grab a lounge by the pool. Cant wait until my next trip. Best place 57 stories above Singapore.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com