We have read very poor reviews of this hotel and we have decided to stay at another one. We didn't like any other hotel anyways so we decided to stay here because it's iconic and we may regret it afterwards. If I have to take this decision again - I would choose Marina Bay Sands a million times!
We stayed in Singapore for 8 days and we had time to try almost everything.
On the positive side:
The infinite pool is totally amazing.
The views from the top are stunning.
We tried in-room dining - it was not bad, actually it was quite nice.
Breakfast on the lobby level was very good, lots of diversity, good taste.
Bell desk team were very quick, very organized.
There is a lot more that can be mentioned here like - the Singapore flier is in walking distance with good food options, there is a shopping center across the street again wonderful food options, high end brands, convenience stores and a casino.
On the negative side:
The furniture in the rooms doesn't look very well, like it is old and even when it used to be new it was not luxurious. But that's alright - there is plenty to do outside.
The services are rather inpersonal, but that is probably because 2500 rooms. There is a good side of this too, you can stay somewhat anonymous (some people like that) and public areas of the hotel feel lively during the night as well (even between 4 and 5 in the morning).
We didn't have the chance to use the spa as the prices seamed ridiculous (although later in Tokyo we found even more ridiculous prices).
In summary, Marina Bay Sands has excellent value for money - it offers a lot more when compared to other 5* hotels in the area which cost a lot more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore