Apologies but I havent really many good things to say about mbs, sure its an impressive looking building, not necessarily beautiful but certainly imposing, and the skypark swimming pool is certainly worth a look. Now staying here was a bit of a splurge for us, $400 a night or thereabouts, an amount we would not normally spend. Anyone considering staying here should request, if the room is on the freeway side, at least a high room, ours was on the third floor and the noise from the traffic was incredible, I think its one of the freeways to the airport, so it is busy at all times. There appears to be no effort at soundproofing at all, consequently a couple of sleep interupted nights. The room was very nice, as should be expected at this price, I think the sensors in the mini bar are over the top, the operators obviously consider their customers as all potential thieves. The staff were pleasant enough, the shopping mall huge (no natural light or windows to outside) and containing the usual prestige, name brands...not much new and pretty bland. Oh yes, and $45pp for breakfast? No thanks.
The road noise has obviously influenced our opinions and affected the enjoyment (or lack) of our stay at mbs. Disappointing really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along Marina Bay waterfront with 3 cascading hotel towers, 2,560 rooms, extraordinary Sands Sky Park, floating crystal pavilions, lotus-inspired ArtScience Museum, The Shoppes, Celebrity Chef Restaurants, Theatres and hottest nightclubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel and Agoda so you can book your Marina Bay Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marina Bay Sands Hotel Singapore
- Marina Bay Sands Singapore