“disappointing” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #33 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
City of Greater Geelong, Australia
“disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Apologies but I havent really many good things to say about mbs, sure its an impressive looking building, not necessarily beautiful but certainly imposing, and the skypark swimming pool is certainly worth a look. Now staying here was a bit of a splurge for us, $400 a night or thereabouts, an amount we would not normally spend. Anyone considering staying here should request, if the room is on the freeway side, at least a high room, ours was on the third floor and the noise from the traffic was incredible, I think its one of the freeways to the airport, so it is busy at all times. There appears to be no effort at soundproofing at all, consequently a couple of sleep interupted nights. The room was very nice, as should be expected at this price, I think the sensors in the mini bar are over the top, the operators obviously consider their customers as all potential thieves. The staff were pleasant enough, the shopping mall huge (no natural light or windows to outside) and containing the usual prestige, name brands...not much new and pretty bland. Oh yes, and $45pp for breakfast? No thanks.
The road noise has obviously influenced our opinions and affected the enjoyment (or lack) of our stay at mbs. Disappointing really.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the city, not the freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank alfagtv
Agustin_A_Cortes, Senior Vice President – Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear alfagtv,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences here. I regret to learn that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands. I apologise for the noise issues experienced from you room. It is never our intention to cause any unnecessary inconvenience to our guests and we will be sure to review this with the relevant departments.

With regards to our sensor-operated mini-bar refrigerators, they have been implemented as a form of billing convenience for mini-bar consumption. Guests are welcome to request for the mini-bar to be cleared, either for self-storage convenience or to avoid unnecessary charges incurred.

Please be assured that we highly value your comments and will definitely seek to fine-tune our processes appropriately.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,135)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Marina Bay Sands (MBS to the locals) is amazing.

I recommend staying here even just for one night, but make it the last night of your trip as once you are here you wont want to leave.
The standard room I was in was huge with amazing views over the harbour and to Malaysia. The pool and sky deck areas are out of this world and need to be seen to be believed.
Very busy check in and the lobby and other common areas can be a bit intense, but the staff were great, nothing was ever a problem and I look forward to getting back there.

Room Tip: East side get the sunrise over the city which is nice, west side view the harbour
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Craig G
Thank you for your review, Craig G.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands and that our friendly Team Members assisted in making your stay a comfortable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to enjoy more of what our one-stop destination has to offer.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Book directly at MBS website with their lowest price guarantee. Check its calendar for low peak price. A luxury indulgence for my belated birthday. Quiet, huge room and bathroom with a view of the Dome Flower Park and ocean. Very ambient surroundings for shopping, entertainment and food OR just laze around at the impressive Skypark pool and enjoy your coffee or drinks at Sky on 57. Fast check-in at 6pm. No crowd at skypark just before 12 noon. Stunning view of MBS at the bridge to Marina Bay.
For breakfast, I love Ng Ah Sio Bak Kut Teh at the Food Court for its peppery clear soup and its tender prime pork rib @ S$10 a bowl.

Room Tip: I used another traveler's tip here, and requested for the highest room available in Tower 1 - wi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank irene s
Dear irene s,

We are always excited to be a part of our guests’ special occasions and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Marina Bay Sands.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon for more memorable celebrations.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

The pool is simply amazing...very tranquil. Everything is at your fingertips from the museum to the mall to the theatre and beyond...although I'm not sure why you need to use the MRT? The room was spacious and comfortable with an amazing view of the city. Our stay was so relaxing and therapeutic. I would recommend even just one night's stay for everyone to experience the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank SharonMcG5
Thank you for your review, SharonMcG5.

I am happy to hear that you and your family had a relaxing stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you all back soon to enjoy more of what our property has to offer to our valued guests.
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Check in went fine and the room was spectacularly large and very clean. We were in a grand club room. This was impressive - with immense amounts of space and an incredible bathroom.

Upon arrival, I had to find the premium check in area myself however, as several staff members were not very helpful and continuously pointed me to the main desk. Entrance to the pool detracts from what is supposed to be a luxurious hotel, having to get a wrist band, show passes etc etc. I understand the requirement for this but a better way must be possible.

With a club room, I was able to access free drinks during the day and food 3 times a day. On my initial arrival, to cut a long story short, the maitre'd entered my room number wrong, I gave her another room number thinking I had picked the wrong one, she abruptly and rudely told me that it was an exclusive area and I should go elsewhere if I was looking for coffee before I suggested she look up my last name. When she realised that the number matched the one I had given, no apology was offered. This was sorted with the VP and I had no other issues but staff at a 5-star hotel/resort should be able to handle these situations better.

For the price range there are other options such as Mandarin Oriental or Ritz-Carlton in Singapore, if you don't need the pool which is a dogs breakfast anyway and the staff I encountered were average bar the young lady at check in/out and our porter. However, it is worth it once to see the pool as it is an astonishing feat of engineering.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank engineerJ87
Dear engineerJ87,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I regret to learn about the challenges you experiences upon arrival and at The Club. Allow me to assure you that your most recent experience is not the standard of Marina Bay Sands. It is never our intention to cause our guests any unnecessary stress or inconvenience and I have shared your comments with the relevant department heads for their review and appropriate action.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands and regain your confidence in us.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Since the pool is known for the view, it was really breathtaking. but i found it quite crowded and it was hard to get a chair and table especially if your alone. better to either come early or just go up the pool with minimal baggage. no need to bring bags, if ever waterproof camera only.

The gym was also great since it also has a great view of the city and not crowded.

Breakfast in sky on 57 had the best eggs benedict and french toast.
loved the location since downstairs is the mall.

the people in the information didn't really give much help since we got lost around in the city and used the train to find out we could only walk to our destination. I guess we literally got lost in translation, but every trip has room for this since we were on vacation and on exploration mode.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank joycea101
Thank you for your review, joycea101.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at Marina Bay Sands, particularly the infinity pool, Banyan Tree Fitness Club and your breakfast at Sky on 57.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands soon to experience more of our multi-dimensional offerings.
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This is a very large hotel complex, with three large hotel towers, a casino, theaters, shopping mall, and restaurants all inter-connected. It is also connected to public transportation so its pretty easy to get to other places in Singapore. The rooms are large and comfortable and the whole place is reminiscent of a Las Vegas hotel, although cleaner (an obsession in Singapore). The infinity pool on the 57 floor has amazing views. It can get very busy at check-out time (11 AM), and mid-afternoon check-in, but otherwise its not bad. Pretty expensive, though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business