“Fantastic stay in a grand club room”
Review of Marina Bay Sands

Marina Bay Sands
Ranked #35 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Cairns, Australia
“Fantastic stay in a grand club room”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Pleasantly surprised by the stay, checkin in at the VIP lounge. Room was really fantastic with an amazing view & loved the bath too. The highlight of the hotel is the pool. The club was superb with food and service to match. The breakfast selection was substantial, afternoon tea a delight and even though the club was full for evening drinks, we were given champagne to drink whilst we waited. It was worth paying the extra for the club level rooms. I went to the pool at 6am to get in my daily swim in the 70m section without bumping into people. It is fun to watch the people at the rest of the time

Room Tip: Splash out on a club room or above to get access to the amazing club on the 57th floor
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you for your kind review, scubagbr.

I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay in our Grand Club Room and enjoyed the privileges at The Club. I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of our offerings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,226)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. The room wasn't ready when we arrived at 4 pm and we had to wait for over 1hour. No place to sit in the crowded lobby, very busy there. Anyway, the hotel itself is a piece of art. The room is beautiful, clean and spacious. Easy access for shopping, restaurants and museum.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sweetnj
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear sweetnj,

Thank you for your review. I regret to learn about the delay you experienced upon check-in and I would like to request for more information from you for my team and I to review the details of your stay.

I have sent you a private message and I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Don't get me wrong; the Marina Bay Sands is a world class hotel. Compared to other hotels at this level it is however a disappointment. It is simply too large. The queues are too long, it is too far too walk to your room, there are too many elevators, too many people in the roof pool, etc. Upon our arrival I wanted to have a look at the roof facilities. Having made my way up through two elevators I was rejected because I - having brought only my room card - had forgot my separate coupons for access to the gym and pool. It took me 10 minutes of elevator travling to go get this and come back up. This is how rigid this feels. The size of the hotel and the rules imposed make it impossible for the Marina Bay Sands to give you the same feeling as for example the Fullerton Bay. The latter is our recommendation in Singapore!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Geir S
Pek_ChinSiong, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Geir S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback here. I regret to learn that you recent visit to Marina Bay Sands was not a complete success. I note your feedback on the challenges you experienced with the SkyPark Pool Pass and I apologise for any inconvenience cause. We seek your kind understanding that the pool passes are an initiative to ensure that our Hotel guests have exclusive access to the infinity pool.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and your family back to Marina Bay Sands for a more successful stay.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Was there for 2 night during the business trip, the room was very simple but spectacular view with the Bay garden and the ocean... it could be very different if you were assigned to the other side of the building at lower floor.. The pool was amazing but I had to get up there very early to avoid the crowd. Service was not a real 5 stars the place is always busy...but great location for business and leisure, after the whole day on your business you can run to the shopping mall which is connected or get on the MRT to orchard during your tight schedule, it was a wonderful stay.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, Jidabhas.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us during your visit to Singapore last year. Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Marina Bay Sands soon.
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

This hotel is to die for absolutely amazing first class in a great position overlooking gardens and South China Sea.We were fortunate to be upgraded to a Magnificent suite on the top floor of Tower 2 the room was fantastic! The pool is absolutely wonderful!

Room Tip: If you have a Platinum American Express Card....The Worlds your oyster.Fantastic Staff.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review, susandiane8.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at Marina Bay Sands and I look forward to welcoming you and your loved one back soon for more exciting experiences.
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great time spent there, superb room with views over the Gardens ... great service and friendly stuff. A bit overcrowded in the mornings at breakfast, but hey, there are "only" 2500 rooms :)). Excellent atmosphere at night on the rooftop at night and what a view to enjoy your drink :). We can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Do not miss the Infinity Pool
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your excellent review, HoratiuB.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Marina Bay Sands and that our friendly Team Members contributed to making your visit a comfortable one.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back soon.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights. Hotel is massive over three towers and there is a huge upmarket shopping centre across the road as well as a casino.

We were on the 50th floor, amazing view of the city, even more amazing view at night with the city lights. Our room has a view of the famous Merlion, the lion statue that spits out water fountain.

Our room is comfortable, spacious, nice and long in size. A big king size bed with a large seating area, two tvs, one in the seating area and one in front of the bed.

On the 57th is the famous landmark, the 150m long infinity pool that has a view of the city skyline as a backdrop. One side has a view of the city while the other size the view of the Gardens on the Bay.

Because the hotel is such a tourist attraction, not only for guests at the hotel, also guests going to dine at Ku De Ta restaurant, we found the hotel not personable. There is a lot more traffic there. If you wish to stay at a hotel with good customer service, then this is not for you. However,the view is rather spectacular.

Room Tip: You can go across to the shopping centre or casino via escalators going down under the road. The Gar...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback here, brettnjess.

Whilst I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at Marina Bay Sands, I do regret to learn that our service standards did not match your expectations. Please be assured that we will continuously review ways to fine-tune our processes and services to ensure better efficiency and quality of our service touch points.

I hope to welcome you and your loved one back to Marina Bay Sands in the near future to experience more of what our property has to offer.