26,874 results
All reviews infinity pool sky park city view orchid suite observation deck rise restaurant bucket list light show huge hotel iconic hotel club room marina bay hotel guests singapore skyline shopping mall food court room key

Well, where do I begin?
It has a record-breaking infinity pool perched on a structure that looks like a boat fell onto 3 tower blocks.
It probably also has a record-breaking number of people taking selfies against the Singapore skyline too.
The rooms are big with suitably complicated lighting systems.
The garden views are other-worldly.
There are no platypuses.
And it's joined on to a swanky shopping centre, like a pair of shopaholic Siamese twins.
But the whole thing doesn't really work. Everywhere there are queues, whether for lifts or bars or restaurants or lobby services.
The three towers are strangely disconnected which results in constant trips in over-crowded lifts up and down to various levels. And everywhere you need a key card.
It's all a hassle and hotels like this should eliminate hassle not engender it.
The kicker for us was when we wanted a late check-out (for which I was happy to pay and told at check-in was available). The morning of my check-out I was told it wasn't available.
We amused ourselves for much of the day but still ended up with a bit of time to spare in the lobby. Now this hotel has over 2,500 rooms, so you might expect a few seats in the vast lobby. Nope, just a marble bench around a glass 'installation'.
After mentioning to a staff member that I thought that a few seats might be a good addition to the hotel's many facilities I was shown to the 'lounge'. It was smaller than the bathroom in the room I'd vacated that morning. With just one seat (photo enclosed).

Next time I'm in Singapore I think I'll skip the selfie-taking day trippers and check into the Mandarin Oriental instead.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank platypuslover2015
Pek_ChinSiong, Vice President of Hotel Operations at Marina Bay Sands, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear platypuslover2015,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I regret to learn about the challenges that you encountered during your stay with us. Please allow me to assure you that your feedback is important to us, and that we will continue working hard to enhance the quality of our offerings and service touch points in order to serve you better, as well as monitor ways to better manage crowds on property.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from visiting us again, and I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Marina Bay Sands soon for a more successful stay.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Booked a room at the MBS and was immediately upgraded to an Executive suite. Was very surprised on arrival at Changing Airport as an employee of the airport was waiting for us at the arrival gate, she escorted us through customs to the limousine that MBS had sent to pick us up. On arrival at the hotel, was welcomed like a rockstar and check in was conducted in our suite. The suite was well aired, a swan made with towels and surrounded with rose petals, and a complimentary bottle of champagne. During the all stay, all staff were very nice and welcoming. No effort were spared to make our stay a memorable one ance again. Thank you to all the staff at Club 55, the cleaning lady and most of all to Wangelin.... you are a real jewel in the crown and you will always be present in our thoughts.

Room tip: City views
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Patrick C F
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Nobody can miss seeing this hotel because of its awesome size that commands attention towering over the Singapore skyline and its unique iconic three tower design.
It is also located beside another Singapore tourist icon -- the Garden by the Bay and infront of the famous Merlion Park.

The hotel is accessible via taxi and MRT. It helps that It has its own MRT station on its basement connecting to the country's vast network of train system. Commuting in and out of the hotel to the city and other tourist sites is very easy although requires a lot of walking.

The hotel's lobby has a intimidating feel because of the high ceiling and busy mood. People just keep on pouring in inside the lobby. The Checkin and Checkout counters for standard room guests can also be bogged down by long lines. Its a good thing we booked a Club Room and I advice to anyone reading this to book one instead of the standard room. Its more pricier but is worth the extra dollars. The club room has a separate checkin room called the Sand lounge. There are no queing and no long lines and the service is more personalized. You also get to sit down comfortably and drink coffee or cold water while waiting for the hotel staff to process your room. Most of the time you can avail of easy checkin (standard room checkin is 3pm; clubrooms can accomodate checkin as early as 11pm or once a room becomes available). Part of the package is access to Club 55's afternoon tea (light chow and snacks buffet style) and evening cocktails (unlimited booze and cocktail). Club 55 is the 55th floor restaurant on Tower 2 that acts as a club lounge exclusive to club room guests. Club Room guests also get an option to eat breakfast exclusively at Club 55 or Spago (your choice) and away from the other standard room guests.

Aside from a bigger and more spacious room, better amenities, and walk in bathroom with a standard size bath tub, Club Rooms also has access to a small balcony where one has a view of either the Merlion park with the city's skyline or the Garden's by the Bay. Our room's view was that of the Gardens by the Bay covering The Cloud Forest and the Flower Dome. At the 46th floor, the view was surreal and was even more breathtaking at night.

One of our highlights of our visit was dipping at the hotel's infinity pool -- the largest and highest infinity pool in the world which is a must try. The pool can be a bit crowded though particularly at night and beach beds can be a scarce resource.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Most luxurious and by far the best hotel I stayed. Excellent location and amazing view from the top of the hotel. Rooms are huge and super neat. Huge property with every facility you look for in a luxury hotel. Though it's heavy on pockets but it's worth every penny.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank sraghusr
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed for two nights in a club room. The room was very comfortable and had all the best amenities. The rooftop pool was spectacular. I was very disappointed with the club lounge breakfast service, as the lounge was open to all after 7.30 am, and there were little kids running around everywhere unsupervised. As a businessman I expected better.

1  Thank Peter R