Marina Bay Sands
US$322
US$253
Panpacific.com
  • Pool
One Farrer Hotel & Spa(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$191
US$274
US$213
Hotel Jen Orchardgateway Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$202
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Changi Airport(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$190
US$168
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Park Hotel Clarke Quay(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$115
Official Website
  • Pool
Marina Mandarin Singapore(Singapore)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$145
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
24,608 results
All reviewsinfinity poolsky parkcity vieworchid suiteobservation deckrise restaurantbucket listhuge hotelclub roomlight showmarina bayiconic hotelhotel guestsshopping mallsingapore skylinefood courtroom key
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Staff at registration came across as condescending and did not put on a smile at all, room was incredibly dusty, food stains on the tables, urine stains on the toilet bowl. Phone in the room was not working, i have a whole list of negative comments and am not trying to be difficult here but like i said. MBS needs to be GREAT not just OK . If this was a 3 star hotel, i would save my comments for myself . This is not a 3 star, it is a prestigious 5 star. so start behaving like one .

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank BettinaFeng
Reviewed 30 December 2010

On arrival even though i asked where the VIP room check (we were staying in a suite for a Christmas treat) in was twice, i was directed to the general check in only then to be told i needed to go to the VIP check in. Nobody escorted us and we didn't find it immediately. Atrocious first impression, but unfortunately i sign of things to come

Customer service at the hotel was awful. I had deliberately booked a twin room for my friend and i only to arrive at the hotel and for that not to be available. Throughout my stay we had issues, we asked for an extra bed, that didn't arrive and when we chased, it still didn't arrive. It wasn't until 2.45 am (!) that we had the bed settee made up (only after your staff telling us to do it ourselves!). We then continued to receive anonymous phone calls until gone 3 am in the morning. Nobody at the hotel seemed to care about our problems or offer us any type of compensation. For a hotel of this stature and ambition, I can say as a regular premium traveler that this was THE WORST hotel experience I have ever encountered, which is a real shame given that we were truly looking forward to a magical Christmas stay, instead it turned out to be our nightmare at Christmas.

We were going to rebook on our return to Singapore in a week or so's time, but that will not happen anymore, and i will advise all my friends, colleagues and anyone who wants to read my review on trip adviser will not to stay here either.

Staff at the Sky Park (pool area on the roof) were helpful but made me wait 10 minutes on my first day whilst they continued with a team meeting in front of me....what happened to the "customer comes first" philosophy? Food and drink quality was mediocre and choice was slim resulting in poor value for money, we had originally thought of inviting friends, but on experiencing the quality ourselves choice other options

I would definitely not recommend this hotel, other premium hotels in the area offer much better quality of service, if you want to visit the pool area, do a day trip and stay somewhere else...I wish we had!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank mhvc
Reviewed 30 December 2010

Stayed here two nights 24 & 25 December 2010, the room was fantastic, the club lounge spectacular, the infinity rooftop swimming pool is the best pool ever!, and the staff honestley friendly and eager to help, John, Ramona and staff in the rooftop Club Lounge made getting out of bed for breakfast a pleasure and Selim is the bomb!

He made the start of our holiday but spoilt it in a way, as we have just left the Peninsula Hotel in Beijing and it was crap compared to the experiance he made sure we had at Marina Bay Sands. In short, Selim''s efforts will ensure we will return to this hotel time and time again, anyone booking this hotel should seek him out. This is the first time ever we have felt sad about leaving a hotel, he just made it feel like home and everything was possible.

The club facilities cost a little extra but definatley worth every cent, didn't really have to buy any meals as it was all provided free at the club lounge. Also champagne (real champagne, not just sparking wine) and canapes every night were something to look forward too at the end of a busy day whilst watching the sun set 57 storeys high, check out the pool pics on their web, the hotel is a holiday destination in its self.

We did go to the casino but didnt think much of it compared to Crown in Melbourne, its more comparaitive to Star City, all Melburnians will know what I mean. Currently at Beijing Airport and will add photos once we return home.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2010

I live in Singapore and had promised my girlfriend that I would take her somewhere special for her birthday. I opted for a suite at The Marina Bay Sands Hotel and dinner at SKY57. This is a list of things that went wrong:
1. It took 1hr 10 mins for our bags to finally arrive at our room as well as 5 telephone calls and discussions with the manager.
2. There was no hot water for a bath.
3. The minibar was locked and I gave up asking for assistance after 3 calls.
4. The in-dining breakfast was stone cold when it arrived at my room.
5. The pool at the top was far from exclusive - there were at least 150 people in it.
6. I asked the hotel to confirm my booking at the restaurant Sky57. When I arrived there was no reservation and I had to speak to the head chef Justin Qwek to request a table, pleading that the whole reason we had come to the hotel was to eat in his fab restaurant. It is truly fab - the best in Singapore.
I paid over $800 for 1 night and I have to say I was very disappointed with the service.
Having said all of the above, if you are pretty patient and can deal with poor service, the rooms are very good with stunning views. Ask to stay in Tower 1 facing the city. Its truly the best view in town.
Eat at Sky 57 and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fastnicko
Reviewed 29 December 2010

What a disappointment. After all I read about it, I decided to cap off our 10 day tour of Malaysia with an overnight stay in a $600 a night room on our way back to Sydney. The hints of a badly run hotel started showing up when we arrived at Changi Airport. There were no signs to the hotel shuttle bus and there were a group of 15 of us who were equally confused. We took a punt and just waited at what looked like a coach pick-up point. When we got to the hotel there was again confusion as to where to check-in (travellers, there are 3 towers that you could be staying in but all under the same hotel brand).

The room on one of the highest floors has a great view of the ocean with the many ships waiting to come into port. The downside is that the view is also of the mass construction site so it's a 50/50. The night view of the city is much better so it depends what you're looking for.

The skydeck is indeed a marvel of engineering but that is where it stops. One can actually visit the infinity pool or a small fee (but you can't get into the pool. Without sounding elitist, it was a bit off-putting having tourist mill around the general areas snapping away at the pool and even people in it.

The pool is closed in the evening ( THIS IS NOT MENTIONED
) and we only found this out later in the day after inviting some business guest over for a drink to enjoy the facilities. A quick call to the concierge and we were informed not to worry as we could have drinks in the bar at the top floor and no reservations were required. When we got to the hotel after dinner, we found out that the "bar" was actually a nightclub and one had to pay some horrendous cover-charge to get in. Even if you are a hotel guest. The crowd in the line (yes.. a line).. were in their mid 20s and we decided to give it all a miss as the thought of loud club music wasn't to our fancy. Terribly embarassing. The hotel bar was not much better. The band were positioned at the entrace faced outwards to attract people in. Quite off putting to have to watch the back of a band performing.

The furnishings of this hotel are not completed and cheaply done. The paintwork in the corners were messy, top of doors chipped and the large room we had was sparcely decorated that it felt that someone had walked away with some furniture. The same goes for the large bathroom. overall the place lacks finish and one wonders who the interior decoraion consultants were.

Service here is really bad and one gets the feeling that this hotel is catering for casino patrons who don't really spend much time in their rooms and are happy with a functional hotel.

This is DEFINITELY not a business hotel. Having spent 5 months this year in hotels around Asia, this comment comes from experience.

Many shops are yet to open and all mainly luxury stores. Orchard Road is stll much better offereing better prices and variety while still allowing you to enjoy the Singapore buzz which Marina Bay Sands doesn't. The handful of restaurants are exclusive brand names and most have conditions (no kids, set meals only etc).

When asked about our stay at the hotel, upon providing feedback; the young staff member smiled and told us he hoped to see us soon???? Obviously they get enough complaints already.

I would definitely stay away for at least 6 months then check back to see the latest reviews. Pay the visit fee and enjoy the skypark without having to stay there

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple