“A quiet place away from the City!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Fort Canning

Hotel Fort Canning
Ranked #41 of 308 Hotels in Singapore
Singapore, null, Singapore
“A quiet place away from the City!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012

I arrived in the hotel on 15th Dec at 2.30pm, check-in was prompt. It took them less than 5mins to check us in. The front-desk staff was friendly and always smiling. During my stay there, the staff always greeted you a "good evening" or "good morning". I love their hospitality! They even called helped me called for a cab 15mins before I came down as I informed them earlier on that I have another place to go and it was raining cats and dogs outside. Other than that, the Premium room that I booked was better than I expected! Spacious enough for 2 person with a very beautiful study room facing the park. I loved the Nespresso machine and TWG tea! Breakfast, nothing awesome or anything bad about it. I chose the hotel as it was quiet, away from the noise of the city.

Room Tip: Their Premium rooms had a study room facing the park. Spacious for 2 person going on a business tri...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Based on my previous nice experience with this hotel, I booked them for a sudden one-nighter. They needed more than two hours to bring an electrical adaptor, gave me a room with malfunctioning bathroom equipment, a badly stained bed sheet and provided a breakfast with unspeakable scrambled eggs. I documented those faults but only got an email saying "we have forwarded your concerns to the respective departments"

Seems they have started to believe their own propaganda.

Room Tip: Check everything in the room before accepting. The food is inedible,
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Michigan, North Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

I booked this hotel as a cheaper – not so cheap - hotel near but walking distance from Orchard road, fooled by the room photos on the hotel's website. The pictures, if not fake, are from some other room than the one I stayed. The corridor smells bad and the room was just full of that foul smell. The standard room is not of standard size, probably smaller and does not deserve this price, not even close. Internet is slow. I believe that this hotel would be well priced at around 100 SGD, and no more, even given Singapore's current high hotel prices.

On another note, upon arrival, despite having given your credit card details, you are asked to pay a deposit for incidentals. Unbelievable, rude, insulting, unique in my experience in the times of the credit card.

Please note that this is the first review I write, because I usually give the benefit of the doubt to hotels. This one deserves neither doubt nor benefit.

Room Tip: Ask for bigger non smelly rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank JSMND
Taguig City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

The staffs who entertained us were Filipinos which gave us a very hospitable impact. Rooms are cleaned every time we come back from the convention we attended. Bottled water and shower amenities are replenished everyday. Good service. A very quiet place. No busy scene as we can only see trees in the park. Bad location I should say as it is not accessible to the main streets. We never had any problems during our stay. There are also no staffs in sight in the hallway. Satisfactory. Tons of reading materials provided in the room.

Room Tip: This hotel isn't a "tall building" hotel. If you wanted to have a full view of Singapo...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

Me and my partner decided to stay in this hotel because of a very good purchased deal on the Internet.We checked in on a very busy day and waited but what can I expect?As it it is advertised for both Groupon and Deals.com deal where we also got our booking.We arrived at the hotel at 2pm and only managed to check into our room at around 2:45.While waiting we enjoyed delicious cakes and the Nespresso coffee at the lobby.Maybe another check in counter should suffice as 2 counters were both overwhelmed with guests and not to mention staffs still have to entertain calls.We were checked in by a polite and efficient front desk lady who also sent us to our room and explained how everything works as the system is not so easy to use.We were surprised to know that the lights and air-condition can be controlled from the television.The 6 pm cocktails was a bit busy and wedding guests were all around the hotel.I think it would be best that the hotel lobby should be isolated for in house guests only as some wedding guests are either waiting at the lobby,walking around or even enjoying the cocktails too.Bed is so comfy and I literally dozed off after taking a quick monsoon shower!Breakfast the next day was normal but the service of the staff compensated it as they tried to accommodate every guests that comes in.They were busy but we understand as the hotel seemed fully occupied.All in all,it was worth an experience for a very good deal.We are now looking forward to come back at this Heritage Colonial building and we will definitely recommend this hotel to all our friends.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Although the location was rather inconvenient (required quite a bit of walking from the nearest MRT station with lots of steps to conquer), the effort is well rewarded with the quiet calm of Fort Canning serving as the hotel's main draw.

Had no issues checking in even though it was a weekend, queues were non-existent. The check-in staff were extremely polite and professional, took only about 5 minutes for us to be cleared and brought to the room.

Room-wise, the layout and decor was good. The bathroom was stunning. Although it might be a little too big, it is a refreshing change from the tiny, cooped up bathrooms of most hotels. Enjoyed the complimentary nespresso and tea, only grouse was that there weren't enough milk creamers to go with them.

Overall, really enjoyed the stay here. Everything about this hotel was great, inside-out. Would definitely like to come back in the future!

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

My room was only entitled to 1 breakfast when I booked my room for 2 people.
My room faced a large grey wall which overlooked the park and people passing by could look inside. Where is the privacy? This is ridiculous!. The hotel staffs are also unfriendly and rude. They are also unable to give us a satisfactory answer to our enquiries which is extremely frustrating. One of the staff even asked us to show our pass to verify that we are guests of the hotel, what kind of unreasonable service and attitude this is?

Room Tip: Stay anywhere except here. Singapore has other better hotels.
2 Thank JustinaSeymore